ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 86 of 324
« First < 36768283848586 8788899096136186 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs hire Steve Spagnuolo as new defensive coordinator
TLO 04:33 PM 01-24-2019

The #Chiefs are hiring Steve Spagnuolo as their new defensive coordinator, sources say. The former #Giants DC and interim HC/#Rams HC began his NFL coaching career as an #Eagles assistant under Andy Reid. Now rejoins Big Red in KC.

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) January 24, 2019

[Reply]
New World Order 03:50 PM 01-28-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Bingo. WWBBD?

(what would Bill Belichick do?)

He'd let them all walk, pick up some scrap heap stopgap guys and draft a bunch of guys. This is what you must do when you have a Superstar QB.
I'd be fine with that if we had BB.

We desperately need to upgrade talent. With just some minimal improvements the AFC should be ours. Now is the time to strike.
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:53 PM 01-28-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
The guys from Locked on Chiefs seem convinced that Ford is very likely a goner because in the 4-3 under he will be relied on to set the edge on the weak side every play, and he can’t be counted on to do so....

Tag and trade is the most appealing option probably.
If the Packers offer their 2nd and a 2020 pick.....I'm taking it.
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:57 PM 01-28-2019
Releasing Houston, Sorensen, Ragland and Murray gives the Chiefs $54 million in cap space to work with.
[Reply]
O.city 04:00 PM 01-28-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Releasing Houston, Sorensen, Ragland and Murray gives the Chiefs $54 million in cap space to work with.
The problem with that though is that you've gotta fill those spots with guys too.

It's gonna all come down to hitting on draft picks to play immediately.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:01 PM 01-28-2019
Holy crap.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:02 PM 01-28-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
The problem with that though is that you've gotta fill those spots with guys too.

Ragland has no position. You have Watts coming back. Pick up some pass rushers in FA and the draft for Houston.

It's 4 spots and $50+ million dollars. Sign some freaking UDFA's. The only guy on that list that might be marginally hard to replace is Houston.
[Reply]
RunKC 04:02 PM 01-28-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Yep. I just think he has to go. Get the picks and move on.
This draft is stacked full of defensive talent. Load up picks and use the freed up money to land a free agent or two.
[Reply]
Buckweath 04:02 PM 01-28-2019
When do you ever see a player be tagged and traded?

Now is not the time to trade or release any of our great trio of passrushers in Jones, Ford and Houston.

Next year you can get rid of them, not this year. This is the offseason where this team is going all in heading into next season.
[Reply]
staylor26 04:03 PM 01-28-2019
Man, I just don’t see how you lose Ford and Houston then expect this defense to be good in 2019
[Reply]
The Franchise 04:06 PM 01-28-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Man, I just don’t see how you lose Ford and Houston then expect this defense to be good in 2019
Because there are other players that can rush the passer other than those two.

You know....draft picks and FAs.

The one thing I'm not doing is paying a combined $37 million dollars for two DEs. Especially for one that can't stay healthy and one that can't stop the run.
[Reply]
New World Order 04:06 PM 01-28-2019

Other than Houston I don't think that's going to be a challenging task
[Reply]
The Franchise 04:07 PM 01-28-2019

What fucking spots exactly?

Lucas can be your third safety and take over for Sorenson.
Ragland is garbage and doesn't have a spot.
Murray is garbage and doesn't have a spot.

You can find a cheaper and younger DE for the $21 million that Houston is going to get paid.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:08 PM 01-28-2019
Ford doesn't even really have a spot. They HAVE to tag him.

I'd love to keep Houston but they need that cap space back too.

Gonna be hard to get it all done but while you find it hard to expect the defense to be good if they're both gone, I find it hard to expect the defense to improve much if they're both still here.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 04:08 PM 01-28-2019
They're about to be over $36 million dollars. For the two. Literally.
[Reply]
staylor26 04:08 PM 01-28-2019
Because there are other players that can rush the passer other than those two.

You know....draft picks and FAs.

The one thing I'm not doing is paying a combined $37 million dollars for two DEs. Especially for one that can't stay healthy and one that can't stop the run.
Well just about all of the FA’s won’t hit the market, and it’s hard to expect a rookie edge rusher to come in and be that guy day 1.

I understand we probably should get rid of 1, but I just don’t see them getting rid of both when they want to make a run.
[Reply]
Page 86 of 324
« First < 36768283848586 8788899096136186 > Last »
Up