ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 86 of 103
« First < 36768283848586 8788899096 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official 2018 Missouri Tigers Football Thread****
'Hamas' Jenkins 05:36 PM 07-30-2018
The beginning of the 2018 season is a little under five weeks away. Missouri enters the year projected to finish 4th in the East, and may be a borderline Top 25 team according to some projection systems. After a disappointing recruiting cycle last year, pressure is on Odom to restock the cupboard after the senior years of Lock and Beckner, who will go down as two of the better Tigers in history and likely first round draft picks.

Schedule:

Spoiler!

Recruiting:

Spoiler!

At this point, the class is ranked 68-69 nationally by Rivals and 24/7. Odom is going to have to rely on Pinkel's diamond-in-the-rough approach. It looks like they've pulled back considerably from Georgia, focusing more upon Texas, which is what they should have always done. Unfortunately, they've done horrific in-state, and I think that will likely end up being the nail in Odom's coffin after the 2019 season.

12/19 Update: A strong finish late in the cycle moved the class up significantly. Securing commitments from grad transfer Kelly Bryant and TCU transfer Shawn Robinson has solidified the QB position in the short and intermediate term. A class that was ranked in the 60's at the beginning of the season is now a top 20-30 class factoring in transfers.

Hamas' Crystal Ball: 8-4; 4-4 in the SEC (wins vs. Ark, Tenn, Vandy, Kentucky)
[Reply]
kepp 12:26 PM 12-05-2018
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Yeah, Nance is not a hall replacement. He’s a experienced vet who can fill the role Nate Brown did this year.

They’ll need one of the young guys - Kam Scott, Jaylen Knox - to take a step forward as a playmaker.

Even so they’ll miss Hall. Bryant is not a big downfield thrower, though, from what I can tell.
Both those guys, especially Knox, showed big play abilities this year. I think we're in good shape.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 04:22 PM 12-05-2018
BenFred: Mizzou gains more than a quarterback in Clemson transfer Kelly Bryant

https://www.stltoday.com/sports/colu...iderail-latest

His bullet points:

1. Mizzou answered its scariest question about 2019

2. The Tigers advance with a been-there, done-that leader

3. This offense has a ton of potential

4. The recruiting ripple is real

5. Odom just won a heavyweight fight
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 04:23 PM 12-05-2018
From PowerMizzou: Odom new contract

Unanimous approval from the BoC. He will make $3.05 million guaranteed through 2024
[Reply]
BryanBusby 04:32 PM 12-05-2018
LSU was paying a coordinator more than what Odom was making, so I think the raise is ok.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:34 PM 12-05-2018
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
LSU was paying a coordinator more than what Odom was making, so I think the raise is ok.
Yeah. I have my beefs with him but that's pretty fucked up.
[Reply]
bowener 05:08 PM 12-05-2018
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:

Unanimous approval from the BoC. He will make $3.05 million guaranteed through 2024
Does he get an increase in the salary pool for coordinators too?
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:24 PM 12-05-2018
#1 RB recruit in the country:

#AGTG I am blessed to receive an offer from The University Of Missouri which is a childhood favorite of mine #ShowMe20 #Blessed pic.twitter.com/t3KiERf3og

— T H R E E (@Runzekerun01) December 6, 2018

I just seen my guy plans to transfer there���� @KellyB125 so wassup? https://t.co/s3xcDrB2Oi

— T H R E E (@Runzekerun01) December 6, 2018

[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 08:30 AM 12-06-2018

I believe that puts him as the 11th highest paid head coach in the SEC. He was dead last.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 08:57 AM 12-06-2018
Assistant pool:

Missouri’s assistant coaching pool is $4.38 million, according to a recent USA Today poll, which puts the Tigers No. 20 nationally and No. 10 among SEC schools. Athletics department spokesperson Nick Joos said that Mizzou agreed to raise Odom’s assistant coach salary pool but did not disclose a number
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:10 PM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
That's basically it.

Looked like a basic 3 star kid but was the best QB in the area. Mizzou ignored him, Wisconsin didn't and as a SR he exploded.

Had mizzou done with him what they're doing with Cook, we'd have arguably the best QB recruit in the nation on campus next year. A Lock level prospect anyway.

Mizzou's staff was lazy and complacent with a local kid and it burned them.
To be fair Mertz was a backup at Miege because the kid infront of him was a baller. I think he went to play baseball at Notre Dame.

You were also in on Martinez. Hes going to be on the Heisman watch list in 2 years watch.

So you cant get down on your staff too much. With the raise in pool money you really should be able to get s guy who can lockdown the KC area and tap into all the JUCO talent in Kansas.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:13 PM 12-06-2018
I doubt anyone cares but Tony Temple is opening up a juicer at my gym in Westport. Hes s cool guy
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:15 PM 12-08-2018
Mizzou back in on Jeff Thomas.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 11:27 AM 12-09-2018
Mizzou back in on Jeff Thomas.
I don't know about this one. He's undoubtedly a great college player and an NFL talent, but he brings a ton of baggage with him.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:40 AM 12-09-2018
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
I don't know about this one. He's undoubtedly a great college player and an NFL talent, but he brings a ton of baggage with him.
A ton may be putting it lightly. I don’t know how serious we are, but he’s an intriguing player.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 12:54 PM 12-10-2018
Tre Williams arrested on suspicion of domestic assault and suspended.

If true, get out frog gif.

http://www.espn.com/college-football...mestic-assault
[Reply]
Page 86 of 103
« First < 36768283848586 8788899096 > Last »
Up