ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 86 of 136
« First < 36768283848586 8788899096 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official Golf Thread****
'Hamas' Jenkins 10:08 PM 02-07-2015
The original Bushwood thread is overflowing like Craig Stadler's FUPA.

Use this thread to discuss tournaments, swing thoughts, equipment, and golf deals.

I thought we could also use the OP to create a WITB for ChiefsPlanet members. I'll list a poster's name and put their sticks in a spoiler tag, so you can see what everyone is carrying.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 02:48 PM 08-08-2016
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Are you actually looking to play golf, or do you want the status of belonging to a country club? Because there are plenty of good golf courses near OPK.
A decent course that plays fair and has good facilities. The status of a CC would be great for networking but that's just a bonus.

As for the location, all of the courses I think you're mentioning are 30-40 minute drives from where I'm located which limits the utility of being a member.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 02:52 PM 08-08-2016
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
A decent course that plays fair and has good facilities. The status of a CC would be great for networking but that's just a bonus.

As for the location, all of the courses I think you're mentioning are 30-40 minute drives from where I'm located which limits the utility of being a member.
Depends on where you're located. I assumed OPK-ish since you talked bout KCCC (anti-Semites, btw) and Mission Hills.
[Reply]
OctoberFart 02:53 PM 08-08-2016
Who is the best player of the poster's on here?
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 02:55 PM 08-08-2016
Depends on where you're located. I assumed OPK-ish since you talked bout KCCC (anti-Semites, btw) and Mission Hills.
Midtown/Westport/Volker. North of the Plaza, south of Downtown.
[Reply]
O.city 02:56 PM 08-08-2016
Si. Gotta take advantage of being under 35 years old with no family commitments while I can.

Problem is, the only ones closest to my living and working location are KCCC, Indian Hills and Mission Hills. Those are trees I'm not going to go barking up anytime soon.
Blue hills is out there. It's pricey.

Mission hills is a great track though.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 02:58 PM 08-08-2016
Originally Posted by OctoberFart:
Who is the best player of the poster's on here?
O-City. Pretty sure he's scratch. I haven't paid for an official USGA handicap in a while, but I'd be around a 7-8.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 03:01 PM 08-08-2016
O-City. Pretty sure he's scratch. I haven't paid for an official USGA handicap in a while, but I'd be around a 7-8.

[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 03:03 PM 08-08-2016
Midtown/Westport/Volker. North of the Plaza, south of Downtown.
Tiffany Springs, Swope Park, Staley Farms, and Shoal Creek might all be worth looking in to. Staley and Tiffany are going to be about 20 mins north, but Shoal and Swope will be closer.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 03:06 PM 08-08-2016
Tiffany Springs, Swope Park, Staley Farms, and Shoal Creek might all be worth looking in to. Staley and Tiffany are going to be about 20 mins north, but Shoal and Swope will be closer.
By God live in a geographical oddity -30 minutes from everywhere.

Thanks for the tips, though.
[Reply]
OctoberFart 03:07 PM 08-08-2016
The app Diablo golf works pretty good for free.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 03:12 PM 08-08-2016
Originally Posted by OctoberFart:
The app Diablo golf works pretty good for free.
Thanks. I've used online ones for a long time. The only time I paid for one was five years ago, because I needed one to play courses in Scotland.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 07:54 PM 08-08-2016
Originally Posted by O.city:
That will play.

The m series stuff is really hot. I got my ball speed up to 180 with the m2. Crazy long.

I tend to struggle with taking it outside and getting too steep coming in, which tends to make it tough to control. I really worked hard this spring to get more shallow into the ball and it's really paid off. The best thing I did was build my own plane board. I've got the measurements of anyone is interested.
Club Champion opened a location here in STL earlier in the spring, so I decided to get a fitting. M1 with an Oban Devotion has made a HUGE difference in my driving accuracy. Hitting 75-80% of FW now compared to 30-40% with my old Cobra Fly-Z+ with Ahina.

Set up with Project X PXi's in my irons, another huge difference over my old C-Tapers.

Been a tough summer, haven't played as much as I normally do - should be getting into single digits soon.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 07:55 PM 08-08-2016
I'm a 12 ATM. Mostly because of a lack of driving accuracy.

Should be getting to single digits next year thanks to a driver fitting.
[Reply]
O.city 08:57 PM 08-08-2016
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58:
I'm a 12 ATM. Mostly because of a lack of driving accuracy.

Should be getting to single digits next year thanks to a driver fitting.
Nice.
[Reply]
O.city 08:58 PM 08-08-2016
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58:
Club Champion opened a location here in STL earlier in the spring, so I decided to get a fitting. M1 with an Oban Devotion has made a HUGE difference in my driving accuracy. Hitting 75-80% of FW now compared to 30-40% with my old Cobra Fly-Z+ with Ahina.

Set up with Project X PXi's in my irons, another huge difference over my old C-Tapers.

Been a tough summer, haven't played as much as I normally do - should be getting into single digits soon.
I'm getting ready to upgrade the woods I think, I'm waiting for the new titleist stuff to drop.
[Reply]
Page 86 of 136
« First < 36768283848586 8788899096 > Last »
Up