ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 86 of 101
« First < 36768283848586 8788899096 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Cleveland Browns (Divisional Round)
TLO 07:49 PM 01-10-2021
A little surprised, but not THAT surprised.
[Reply]
RedRaider56 11:34 AM 01-15-2021
Don't know if the link to this ESPN article about the 2016 Tech-OU shootout has been posted or not.
Read through the comments and you'll see just how tough of an SOB Mahomes was that night.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...-2016-showdown
[Reply]
DawgDays 11:47 AM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I thought at least Bitonio and Ward had covid. Could be wrong on that though.
Yes, they both had Covid. Joe B said the symptoms weren't bad, Ward (allegedly) had a little rougher time... although it was said he was full force yesterday at practice and they had to keep dialing him back.

As a Browns fan, I'm happy that Bitonio, the "elder statesman", will have a chance to play in his first playoff game. He was crushed last week.
[Reply]
ChiTown 11:49 AM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
We’ll be fine.

Look, I love Sammy and appreciate what he did in the playoffs last year, but if the Chiefs are relying on Sammy Watkins to beat the Cleveland Browns then we’ve got bigger problems to address.

There is no way the Browns should be able to stop Kelce, Hill, Hardman, Pringle, DRob. The Chiefs should march up and down the field all day long. Garrett isn’t fully healthy so they won’t have an effective pass rush. Mahomes should have all day to pick them apart. Anything less than 40 points would be a huge failure.

The Browns will have to score probably 45+ to win. As long as our defense doesn’t completely shit the bed in epic fashion, we should be fine. I’m not worried about the offense scoring. I am a little worried about the defense, but they have played much better the last few weeks, so that gives me a lot of confidence going into this game and ultimately is why I don’t think the game will be close.

We’ll see, I guess . . . . . .
Yeah, I don't think they'll need 45+ with that run game to beat the Chiefs. What they need is a few timely turnovers and ball control.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:50 AM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
Yeah, I don't think they'll need 45+ with that run game to beat the Chiefs. What they need is a few timely turnovers and ball control.
To me, it all hinges on that. They need the Chiefs to turn the ball over, which just doesn't happen very often.

That's why I think the Chiefs win but if the Browns have a chance, it is winning the turnover battle.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:52 AM 01-15-2021
Also, I don't think ball control necessarily helps them.

The Browns aren't really a ball control offense, despite the running game. They're a big play offense, even on the ground. Some of the Browns fans here have even said as much.

They need to score in bunches and they need to turn the ball over. It's really that simple.
[Reply]
ChiTown 11:55 AM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Also, I don't think ball control necessarily helps them.

The Browns aren't really a ball control offense, despite the running game. They're a big play offense, even on the ground. Some of the Browns fans here have even said as much.

They need to score in bunches and they need to turn the ball over. It's really that simple.
I get that, but I think that's how they keep it close and stay in the game, IMO....and they can win it, if they can turn us over.
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:57 AM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by Mav:
Higgins is not a good route runner? He is probably the slowest receiver in the NFL, yet is constantly open. You do not do that by being a bad route runner. Do not listen to Cris Collinsworthless and take his shitty opinion as gospel. Higgins is a fantastic route runner, and has fantastic hands.
Probably at least 75% of my opinion regarding Higgins is what Collinsworth has said about him, can't deny that. But Collinsworth was a possession receiver, just like Higgins is now, and I've also heard Chris break down other receivers accurately, so at least when it comes to WRs I tend to take his word for it.

Further, I've watched 3-4 CLE games recently, and for the most part I tend to agree with Chris. Higgins sometimes doesn't run great routes. "Not great" isn't the same as bad, btw. Roughly speaking, there's "bad," "Average," "Good," "Great," and "Elite." I would put Higgins somewhere in the "good" category.

Ditto his hands. He has good hands, but they aren't great.

But again, that's based off of what I've seen in about 3-4 games. Maybe those were just days when he wasn't playing his best.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:58 AM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
I get that, but I think that's how they keep it close and stay in the game, IMO....and they can win it, if they can turn us over.
Controlling the ball limits the Chiefs possessions, true. But it also limits their own possessions as well.

No amount of ball control is going to win if the Chiefs score at 70% efficiency like they have several times this year. The other issue with ball control is that it extends drives. It shortens the number of possessions but adds plays PER possession, increasing the chances of Cleveland themselves making a mistake like turning the ball over, or just having to punt. I just don't see how it helps them. They need to score and score often.

The only hope if to get turnovers, regardless of whether they try to keep the score lower or engage in a shootout.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:04 PM 01-15-2021
The Steelers game was the best case scenario for the Browns. Got turnovers early and went up big. AND THEY STILL ALMOST LOST.

Mahomes is not Big Ben. He’s not a statue. He’ll be able to escape and get first downs with his legs.
[Reply]
Mav 12:04 PM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Probably at least 75% of my opinion regarding Higgins is what Collinsworth has said about him, can't deny that. But Collinsworth was a possession receiver, just like Higgins is now, and I've also heard Chris break down other receivers accurately, so at least when it comes to WRs I tend to take his word for it.

Further, I've watched 3-4 CLE games recently, and for the most part I tend to agree with Chris. Higgins sometimes doesn't run great routes. "Not great" isn't the same as bad, btw. Roughly speaking, there's "bad," "Average," "Good," "Great," and "Elite." I would put Higgins somewhere in the "good" category.

Ditto his hands. He has good hands, but they aren't great.

But again, that's based off of what I've seen in about 3-4 games. Maybe those were just days when he wasn't playing his best.
I personally think that Higgins runs the best routes on the team. He’s a 4.7 guy.
[Reply]
DawgDays 12:14 PM 01-15-2021
I personally think that Higgins runs the best routes on the team. He’s a 4.7 guy.
I agree. He's a good route runner, always seems to be where he should, has very goods hands and above average athletic ability. And there's definitely a synergy between he and Baker, has been since day one.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:15 PM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by DawgDays:
I agree. He's a good route runner, always seems to be where he should, has very goods hands and above average athletic ability. And there's definitely a synergy between he and Baker, has been since day one.
Best thing to happen to the Browns was OBJ going out.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:16 PM 01-15-2021
Really? I would've put Landry above him pretty easily.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:23 PM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Controlling the ball limits the Chiefs possessions, true. But it also limits their own possessions as well.

No amount of ball control is going to win if the Chiefs score at 70% efficiency like they have several times this year. The other issue with ball control is that it extends drives. It shortens the number of possessions but adds plays PER possession, increasing the chances of Cleveland themselves making a mistake like turning the ball over, or just having to punt. I just don't see how it helps them. They need to score and score often.

The only hope if to get turnovers, regardless of whether they try to keep the score lower or engage in a shootout.
This. It's not about TOP. CLE has to score on just about every possession and they have to be nearly all TDs. If CLE plays keep away, but mostly (or even 50%) scores FGs, they're toast.d

Because the Chiefs will score mostly TDs, and they'll score 6-7 times out of ten possessions. 5-6 times with 9 possessions. that's average for KC's last 50 games or so. And no team has held KC to less than 9 possessions.
[Reply]
eastsidedawg 01:06 PM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
The Steelers game was the best case scenario for the Browns. Got turnovers early and went up big. AND THEY STILL ALMOST LOST.

Mahomes is not Big Ben. He’s not a statue. He’ll be able to escape and get first downs with his legs.
i hate it when the browns get up big. the Pitt and Titans game they were up so big they were in prevent the whole 2nd half.

i actually would prefer the game closer they play more aggressive on offense and defense.
[Reply]
Page 86 of 101
« First < 36768283848586 8788899096 > Last »
Up