Page 86 of 298
« First < 36768283848586 8788899096136186 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Bob Sutton
petegz28 10:12 PM 10-19-2017
That is all.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 11:21 PM 10-14-2018
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
It's the NFL. If you have to waste valuable practice time teaching fundamentals to PROFESSIONALS, they shouldn't be on the freaking team.
I agree with that. Ragland should definitely not be on this team.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
ROYC75 11:21 PM 10-14-2018
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
I'm fine with that. I completely agree we need a complete talent overhaul on defense. But the idea that old balls sack of shit Sutton is the right man to build that new unit is asinine. It doesn't have to be new players OR new coordinator. Doing both is doable.
Bob Sutton has always been a bend don't break defense that I can recall, why can't many on here get this?
[Reply]
OKchiefs 11:21 PM 10-14-2018
I've explained it before. I don't really feel like explaining it again.

Coaches can mean the difference between good and great but coaches can't turn bad into good.
Which is fine. Firing Sutton midseason does nothing. But choosing the right guy with the right scheme and the right message absolutely matters in the offseason. It makes zero sense to continue any further down the path with a guy who clearly isn't resonating with the players anymore. Also, don't you think it's very probable Sutton had some input into the personnel decisions made in the offseason? I find it highly unlikely that he wasn't heavily consulted with as to the direction to go on defense.
[Reply]
Jimmya 11:22 PM 10-14-2018
Mangini "Sutton refuses to give up on the rushing three strategy"... I'm sure Ht knows more that NFL coaches... Of course
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:25 PM 10-14-2018
Which is fine. Firing Sutton midseason does nothing. But choosing the right guy with the right scheme and the right message absolutely matters in the offseason. It makes zero sense to continue any further down the path with a guy who clearly isn't resonating with the players anymore. Also, don't you think it's very probable Sutton had some input into the personnel decisions made in the offseason? I find it highly unlikely that he wasn't heavily consulted with as to the direction to go on defense.
I don't ever recall seeing Sutton active in the war room on draft day. I don't think he has much input at all, honestly. If Sutton really had a say, we wouldn't have drafted Dee Ford, who is all speed, and Breeland Speaks, who has no speed, to play the same position. Our defensive acquisitions changed when Veach took over, or at least it appears they did. To me, the lack of continuity suggests Bob really isn't all that involved.

I agree with you that it makes zero sense to retain him.

My only contention is that Veach is the guy on whom this defense rests. If he fails, it won't matter who the DC is.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:26 PM 10-14-2018
Originally Posted by Jimmya:
Mangini "Sutton refuses to give up on the rushing three strategy"... I'm sure Ht knows more that NFL coaches... Of course
Do you ever have an original thought?

Yes, that's a rhetorical question.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 11:26 PM 10-14-2018
KC Defense

Most yards given up per game: #1
Most yards given up per play: #3
Most points given up per game: #6
Most points given up total: #5
Most plays allowed total: #3
[Reply]
OKchiefs 11:28 PM 10-14-2018
I don't ever recall seeing Sutton active in the war room on draft day. I don't think he has much input at all, honestly. If Sutton really had a say, we wouldn't have drafted Dee Ford, who is all speed, and Breeland Speaks, who has no speed, to play the same position. Our defensive acquisitions changed when Veach took over, or at least it appears they did. To me, the lack of continuity suggests Bob really isn't all that involved.

I agree with you that it makes zero sense to retain him.

My only contention is that Veach is the guy on whom this defense rests. If he fails, it won't matter who the DC is.
He doesn't have to be in the war room to have a say. Well before the actual draft I'm pretty sure they discussed with him what to do to fix the defense. Going with Hitchens, ignoring the secondary, drafting or signing bigger slower guys in the front 7 to try and stop the run. I obviously can't pinpoint which moves he had a say in, but I find it pretty hard to believe that his guidance didn't have a big impact on a number of the moves we made or didn't make.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:31 PM 10-14-2018
He doesn't have to be in the war room to have a say. Well before the actual draft I'm pretty sure they discussed with him what to do to fix the defense. Going with Hitchens, ignoring the secondary, drafting or signing bigger slower guys in the front 7 to try and stop the run. I obviously can't pinpoint which moves he had a say in, but I find it pretty hard to believe that his guidance didn't have a big impact on a number of the moves we made or didn't make.
Again the lack of continuity between Dorsey and Veach suggests to me that Bob has very little say at all.

At this point it's moot though. This defense sucks and there's not much they can do to fix it now.

I gotta go to bed - at some point I have to work tomorrow. He's to hoping we all wake up happy to news that Sutton has been fired and Veach has worked out a blockbuster trade. :-)
[Reply]
ROYC75 11:53 PM 10-14-2018
Again the lack of continuity between Dorsey and Veach suggests to me that Bob has very little say at all.

At this point it's moot though. This defense sucks and there's not much they can do to fix it now.

I gotta go to bed - at some point I have to work tomorrow. He's to hoping we all wake up happy to news that Sutton has been fired and Veach has worked out a blockbuster trade. :-)
And all will be fixed in 2 moves, even at mid season!

Face the fact folks, no move or 2 moves is going to fix this, with one being FIRE BOB SUTTON! Fire Bob, Who is the new DC, NOW, with a game in 7 days. Even with the lack of talent we desperately need on defense?

Who?
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 11:55 PM 10-14-2018
Originally Posted by ROYC75:
And all will be fixed in 2 moves, even at mid season!

Face the fact folks, no move or 2 moves is going to fix this, with one being FIRE BOB SUTTON! Fire Bob, Who is the new DC, NOW, with a game in 7 days. Even with the lack of talent we desperately need on defense?

Who?
We don't need it to be fixed. We just need to figure out how to give up 33 instead of 40.
[Reply]
bevischief 12:03 AM 10-15-2018
One Eyed grandma dead could have called a better game. 20 yrs plus dead on defense.
[Reply]
-King- 12:04 AM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Juan Castillo DC dumpster fire in Philly and Andy didn’t fire him.

He’s loyal to a fault.
Uh... He was only DC for a season. Wtf are you talking about?
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
ROYC75 12:05 AM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan:
We don't need it to be fixed. We just need to figure out how to give up 33 instead of 40.
OK, fair answer. Now, what move, moves, how many moves and how you going to work the cap. What funds we have left with so many on IR?
[Reply]
bevischief 12:06 AM 10-15-2018
Alex Smith led defense have won the game.
[Reply]
Page 86 of 298
« First < 36768283848586 8788899096136186 > Last »
Up