ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 85 of 110
« First < 35758182838485 8687888995 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Shooting at the parade
Otter 01:53 PM 02-14-2024

Just like #ChiefsKingdom has always been there for me and my family, we want to be there for them.❤️

The @Chiefs have launched #KCStrong, an emergency response fund supporting victims and their families, violence prevention and mental health services, and first responders.… pic.twitter.com/sYMnPgCWL0

— Patrick Mahomes II (@PatrickMahomes) February 16, 2024

Friendly mod reminder, this thread is about yesterday's shooting. Not about gun control, gun laws, politics, or anything of that nature. If you need everyone to know what's wrong in this world and how you'd fix it, grab your megaphone and soapbox and take it to DC, thanks.
[Reply]
BWillie 12:39 AM 02-16-2024
Originally Posted by DCTwister:
For you concealed carry guys, a question. Let’s say you are legally carrying and shit goes down and you need to use your weapon to defend yourself, discharge it etc. What is the protocol to let the cops know you aren’t the lunatic, so you don’t get shot by accident in the chaos?
Yeah unless you are in uniform your ass gonna get shot. I'm floored about all the people Ive heard said they went to a parade with a million people packing heat. Floored. Even if you use your weapon how are you going to do so safely in almost all instances. Leave it in your car.
[Reply]
jjjayb 12:46 AM 02-16-2024
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
If they’re trained? No issues. But I’ve seen plenty of people that look at their gun as an extension of their dick. Ready to whip that out and show how badass they can be. I don’t need those guys trying to keep people safe. He’ll end up shooting and killing an innocent person.
And you've seen thousands that didn't. In fact you never knew they were carrying. You'd be surprised how many women are carrying now too. But, like most people, they're responsible with it and you never even knew you were around people that were carrying.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 04:48 AM 02-16-2024

Taylor Swift Donates $100K to GoFundMe for Family of Woman Killed at Chiefs Victory Parade https://t.co/CjBEkqkRb9

— Variety (@Variety) February 16, 2024

[Reply]
Katipan 07:18 AM 02-16-2024
Originally Posted by jjjayb:
And you've seen thousands that didn't. In fact you never knew they were carrying. You'd be surprised how many women are carrying now too. But, like most people, they're responsible with it and you never even knew you were around people that were carrying.
40% of American women are shopping every day.
You want us carrying for sure.
Just... not all of us.
[Reply]
Lzen 09:18 AM 02-16-2024
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I assume there was plenty of plainclothes security around the stage. But there's no way you can protect the players who get off the bus and interact with the crowd along the parade route. Honestly, I was concerned about that long before the incident actually happened. I assume that at the very least that won't be a thing going forward, and the bus tops may be protected by bullet resistant glass in the future.
I know I'm a little late on this but I was in class all day yesterday.
I would like to know why none of the law enforcement didn't happen to notice these thugs. I mean, surely there had to be signs leading up to this. I just can't fathom that nobody noticed this punk carrying these weapons and getting all heated before that happened. Maybe some will think I'm being too harsh but to me, this looks like it was a failure of security at the event.
[Reply]
Lzen 09:20 AM 02-16-2024
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
Or would higher profile players opt out of showing up?

Brittany seemed shaken up on Instagram yesterday.

If you’re someone like her who has taken a lot of hate on social media, would you and Patrick show up?

You have a family to think of.

The fact that we are talking about this is insane. This isn’t normal folks. Or at least it shouldn’t be. We need to fix it, somehow.
I agree, we need to fix this but not the way you think. Firstly, Mayor Q needs to do a major crack down on the gangs in KC. I know in my city about 20-30 years ago, they put together a gang task force and did a crackdown and it worked to bring violent crime down. Of course, in a free society there will always be some inherent risk. But we can do some things to minimize those risks.
[Reply]
Kman34 09:32 AM 02-16-2024
Originally Posted by Lzen:
I would like to know why none of the law enforcement didn't happen to notice these thugs. I mean, surely there had to be signs leading up to this. I just can't fathom that nobody noticed this punk carrying these weapons and getting all heated before that happened. Maybe some will think I'm being too harsh but to me, this looks like it was a failure of security at the event.
I think I heard there was close to a million people there.. That’s a security nightmare… Give em a break..
[Reply]
DaFace 09:34 AM 02-16-2024
Originally Posted by Lzen:
From what we've heard, the gun wasn't taken out of the backpack even when he pulled the trigger. There's just not much the cops could have done to see it coming.
[Reply]
alpha_omega 09:38 AM 02-16-2024
This may have been mentioned already, but what is the plan for the St. Pats Day parade?
[Reply]
MAYHEM 09:40 AM 02-16-2024
Has any witnesses stated it was gang related? Or just an assumption

I was going to ask in the political thread but I don’t have enough posts to post there (I know have more than 500 posts but I haven’t been on this site for years)

Sorry for everyone involved
[Reply]
MAYHEM 09:46 AM 02-16-2024
Originally Posted by alpha_omega:
This may have been mentioned already, but what is the plan for the St. Pats Day parade?
The mayor said the parade will not be canceled
[Reply]
Strongside 09:48 AM 02-16-2024
I'm sorry, but if you think young kids from the inner city carrying glock switches in a backpack isn't gang-related I don't know what to tell you.

The lines between "gang culture" and "street life" have been completely blurred in the last 20 years. It's not as simple as Crips vs. Bloods anymore. In some neighborhoods, there may be three to four "sets" or groups of people who sell drugs, steal shit, and are in essence, a "gang."

Just because these kids weren't in MS13 or some shit doesn't mean it wasn't gang-related. I promise you they are in some way, shape or form affiliated with a group of some sort.

Source: I have volunteered in youth programs in East Kansas City for 12 years. These kids need help.
[Reply]
MAYHEM 09:51 AM 02-16-2024
Originally Posted by Strongside:
I'm sorry, but if you think young kids from the inner city carrying glock switches in a backpack isn't gang-related I don't know what to tell you.

The lines between "gang culture" and "street life" have been completely blurred in the last 20 years. It's not as simple as Crips vs. Bloods anymore. In some neighborhoods, there may be three to four "sets" or groups of people who sell drugs, steal shit, and are in essence, a "gang."

Just because these kids weren't in MS13 or some shit doesn't mean it wasn't gang-related. I promise you they are in some way, shape or form affiliated with a group of some sort.

Source: I have volunteered in youth programs in East Kansas City for 12 years. These kids need help.

There’s one account that says a group of teens shot at two other big guys. The teens may have been gang members but why assume the other two they shot at were
[Reply]
wazu 09:53 AM 02-16-2024
Originally Posted by MAYHEM:
The mayor said the parade will not be canceled
Yeah, he was adamant that parades aren't going to stop.
[Reply]
Kiimo 09:53 AM 02-16-2024
Nobody is really interested in your experience or what you promise you know

We're looking for actual proof it was gang-related so people don't say that because it's a pretty big assumption from the usual posters who assume things like that.

Even if it's likely to be gang-related it's pretty irresponsible to say that before you know.
[Reply]
Page 85 of 110
« First < 35758182838485 8687888995 > Last »
Up