ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 85 of 386
« First < 35758182838485 8687888995135185 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8
keg in kc 02:23 PM 05-24-2017
About to hit the 5000 post mark on the old thread, the first season 7 trailer today seems like the right time to start the final Game of Thones thread.

I'm going back to the original rules pre-2015. I don't think we need supervision or bannings. Just don't be a dick. Post anything you find online that hasn't aired yet inside of spoiler tags. That's pretty much it. I think we can all handle that...

For future us, 2015 thread is here: Link
[Reply]
Dylan 08:39 PM 08-20-2017
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Shipwreck.
Thanks, great answer!
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 08:39 PM 08-20-2017
So anybody notice Hound is going to Kings Landing with Jon and Davos instead of staying with Beric at Eastwatch?

Did he join Jon's honor guard off screen?

Also, why doesn't Sansa send the Lady Bear to do the negotiating?
[Reply]
Frazod 08:39 PM 08-20-2017
Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan:
Looks like the only loss was Thoros. The other deaths were all planted, expendable people
Westerosi red shirts.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:47 PM 08-20-2017
I can buy that they had chains from a shipwreck somewhere, probably Hardhome, but did they have scuba gear as well?

.. Who gives a shit anyway. So is this how the WWs get over/through the Wall?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:48 PM 08-20-2017
Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan:
Looks like the only loss was Thoros. The other deaths were all planted, expendable people
If GRMM was in control there would have been more dead, ones we care about. But, since D&D took control past the books, they just dont kill off well liked characters like GRMM does/did. Too much plot amour being given out.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:49 PM 08-20-2017
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
If GRMM was in control there would have been more dead, ones we care about. But, since D&D took control past the books, they just dont kill off well liked characters like GRMM does/did. Too much plot amour being given out.
Cant blame the adaptors when there's nothing to adapt.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 08:49 PM 08-20-2017
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I can buy that they had chains from a shipwreck somewhere, probably Hardhome, but did they have scuba gear as well?

Why would the dead need scuba gear?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:50 PM 08-20-2017
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:

There is a horn in the books that will blow it down but its never mentioned in the show. Dominant theory is that it has something to do with Bran.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:53 PM 08-20-2017
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Cant blame the adaptors when there's nothing to adapt.
GRMM told them the outline of how he was going to finish the story. We wont know how far they veered off his course until GRMM finishes the books, if ever.:-)
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 08:53 PM 08-20-2017
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
So anybody notice Hound is going to Kings Landing with Jon and Davos instead of staying with Beric at Eastwatch?

My guess is that the meeting in Kings Landing will degenerate at some point into a trick that descends into a battle that sends the Hound and undead Mountain against each other.

I could see Cersei being unimpressed with an undead since she has one in the Mountain. I could also see Kaibur (sp?) thinking he has a way to control the undead? So many ways this could all turn out...

Still think the whole idea of sitting with Cersei and convincing her of the undead army is really stupid but they seem to be sprinting towards the finish line at this point. Scenes like the one with Benjen that would have taken a whole episode are now happening in less than a minute.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 08:54 PM 08-20-2017
The whole white walker scheme didn't bother me until now. So unnecessary and it ended up costing way too much. Dany could have won in the south in a weekend and then addressed the white walker problem and she certainly doesn't need Cersei's help for that.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:56 PM 08-20-2017
GRMM told them the outline of how he was going to finish the story. We wont know how far they veered off his course until GRMM finishes the books, if ever.:-)
I'm not going to ballbust Hollywood writers falling back on cliches when they have a year to produce the whole show when the guy writing the book can't figure out his own shit in 6 years.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 08:57 PM 08-20-2017
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:

The Hound probably would just force his way with them regardless for a chance to go back there and kill the Mountain.
[Reply]
Frazod 08:58 PM 08-20-2017
Main characters in the TV show are different than main characters in the books. With the exception of Ned, no major chapter POV character has ever died, at least not permanently. While characters like Robb, Joffrey, Tywin and Margaery were major players on the show, in the books they were always seen through the eyes of the POV characters, which automatically diminished their importance to the story.

Jon, Dany, Tyrion, Cersei, Jamie, Sansa, Bran, Arya, even Catelyn Stark (in the books, at least) are all still alive and kicking. Some of them will obviously die before it's over, but probably not until the very end.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:02 PM 08-20-2017
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
My guess is that the meeting in Kings Landing will degenerate at some point into a trick that descends into a battle that sends the Hound and undead Mountain against each other.

I could see Cersei being unimpressed with an undead since she has one in the Mountain. I could also see Kaibur (sp?) thinking he has a way to control the undead? So many ways this could all turn out...

Still think the whole idea of sitting with Cersei and convincing her of the undead army is really stupid but they seem to be sprinting towards the finish line at this point. Scenes like the one with Benjen that would have taken a whole episode are now happening in less than a minute.
Rumor is that the scripts are just now done for the final season. Only 6 episodes but each are movie length. Probably going to be 2019.
[Reply]
Page 85 of 386
« First < 35758182838485 8687888995135185 > Last »
Up