ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 85 of 136
« First < 35758182838485 8687888995135 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official Golf Thread****
'Hamas' Jenkins 10:08 PM 02-07-2015
The original Bushwood thread is overflowing like Craig Stadler's FUPA.

Use this thread to discuss tournaments, swing thoughts, equipment, and golf deals.

I thought we could also use the OP to create a WITB for ChiefsPlanet members. I'll list a poster's name and put their sticks in a spoiler tag, so you can see what everyone is carrying.
[Reply]
Hoopsdoc 06:14 PM 08-07-2016
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58:
My big miss is a huge hook, but I can usually control it to a 10 yard draw.

Nothing Bubba-like. Unless I miss. :-)

With the M1, I'm down to a tight draw or a double-cross block on occasion.
About a year ago I started drawing the ball on every single shot. The harder I swing, the more it draws. I'm not sure why it happened, but I've been playing it ever since.

It works just fine till I get to a dog leg left par 4 with a left to right wind.
[Reply]
OctoberFart 11:49 PM 08-07-2016
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
That's obviously a special round of golf, but it's especially funny that it's Furyk, because that guy always seems to go low on Sunday when he's out of contention to grab a T5 or T10. If he's in the mix in a big tournament, no one chokes like him.
Well in reality the guys play golf to make a living. Fans tend to forget and never pay attention to the big putts that move guys to second alone, top 5, low round jumping way up the board. They don't realize the money these guys make doing great things down the stretch. I bet Jim made 200k or so with that round today.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 10:58 AM 08-08-2016
Originally Posted by OctoberFart:
Well in reality the guys play golf to make a living. Fans tend to forget and never pay attention to the big putts that move guys to second alone, top 5, low round jumping way up the board. They don't realize the money these guys make doing great things down the stretch. I bet Jim made 200k or so with that round today.
I've watched Jim Furyk long enough to see him repeatedly gag over putts in majors and the Ryder Cup whenever he's in contention. He's had a good career and he's won a major, but he is a choking dog. As of last year, he hasn't converted his last nine third round leads into wins.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 11:06 AM 08-08-2016
I have a problem calling him a HOFer. Nantz did it again yesterday "in your hall of fame career". Isn't that presumptuous? And why is the Hall taking a guy with only 1 major? 3 ought to be the bare minimum. Skeletor (as my friends call him) has fewer majors than Angel Cabrera
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 11:11 AM 08-08-2016
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
I have a problem calling him a HOFer. Nantz did it again yesterday "in your hall of fame career". Isn't that presumptuous? And why is the Hall taking a guy with only 1 major? 3 ought to be the bare minimum. Skeletor (as my friends call him) has fewer majors than Angel Cabrera
Three would exclude guys like Greg Norman and Johnny Miller.
[Reply]
scho63 01:14 PM 08-08-2016
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc:
About a year ago I started drawing the ball on every single shot. The harder I swing, the more it draws. I'm not sure why it happened, but I've been playing it ever since.

It works just fine till I get to a dog leg left par 4 with a left to right wind.
Check out your shafts-they could be softening up if steel or weakening if graphite.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 01:17 PM 08-08-2016
Trying to find a club to join is heartbreaking
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 01:39 PM 08-08-2016
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Three would exclude guys like Greg Norman and Johnny Miller.
So?
[Reply]
seaofred 01:47 PM 08-08-2016
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Trying to find a club to join is heartbreaking
What area are you looking to join? Kansas City?
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 02:10 PM 08-08-2016
Originally Posted by seaofred:
What area are you looking to join? Kansas City?
Si. Gotta take advantage of being under 35 years old with no family commitments while I can.

Problem is, the only ones closest to my living and working location are KCCC, Indian Hills and Mission Hills. Those are trees I'm not going to go barking up anytime soon.
[Reply]
seaofred 02:41 PM 08-08-2016
Si. Gotta take advantage of being under 35 years old with no family commitments while I can.

Problem is, the only ones closest to my living and working location are KCCC, Indian Hills and Mission Hills. Those are trees I'm not going to go barking up anytime soon.

Sorry, can't help up there. If you were in SWMO I had some recommendations for ya.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 02:43 PM 08-08-2016
Originally Posted by seaofred:
Sorry, can't help up there. If you were in SWMO I had some recommendations for ya.
Had I stayed in SGF, I would have joined Twin Oaks.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 02:45 PM 08-08-2016

Are you actually looking to play golf, or do you want the status of belonging to a country club? Because there are plenty of good golf courses near OPK.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 02:45 PM 08-08-2016
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
So?
If you don't think they're HOFers, you're a fucking dumbass.
[Reply]
kootrntrudr 02:46 PM 08-08-2016

Not sure which area you're around but there is Grand Summit right off 150hwy and 71N. It's $120 a month for under 35. Pretty difficult course.

Does anyone have any recommendations for golf instructor that is reasonable that's around the Lee's Summit area? I'd prefer a place that has indoor/outdoor range and also has launch monitor.
[Reply]
Page 85 of 136
« First < 35758182838485 8687888995135 > Last »
Up