Page 841 of 4905
« First < 341741791831837838839840841 84284384484585189194113411841 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 09:29 AM 05-07-2017
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
Question for the masses, related to Chad Kelly. This kid could become the most decorated final pick of the draft, or he could prove the doubters true.

I never paid that much attention to him, quite honestly. I remember all the negative headlines when they happened and to me, I don't think he overcome his desire to do dumb things.

But, if he did ... what do you guys see as his upside? Sounds like he had a hell of a 22 games at Ole Miss and minus the character problems, should been a top selection.

He's recovering from an injury, so add that to the list of problems... but, who knows?
From what I've heard which isn't flying high in the media is that he has a prosthetic leg and doesn't want it to be known. I'm sure Elway knows though but took a chance anyway.
[Reply]
BlackOp 09:47 AM 05-07-2017
Yeah, but the odds of that happening or pretty damn miniscule... dude has a pretty high douche factor.
[Reply]
BlackOp 09:48 AM 05-07-2017
Yeah, but the odds of that happening or pretty damn miniscule... dude has a pretty high douche factor.
He should fit right in...Elway-"It's like looking in a mirror...the entitled douche factor...it's uncanny".

EVERY team passed on him in the 7th round...even ones desperate for a QB. They could have had him for essentially nothing. Shit, Mixon got drafted high...and he crushed a woman's face on camera.

Already moving on from Lynch, I see.

If Horseface tanks this draft....that team is going to have a talent void soon. His Manning FAs are getting old....
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 09:50 AM 05-07-2017
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
He should fit right in...Elway-"It's like looking in a mirror...the douche factor...it's uncanny".

EVERY team passed on him in the 7th round...even ones desperate for a QB. They could have had him for essentially nothing. Shit, Mixon got drafted high...and he crushed a woman's face on camera.

Already moving on from Lynch, I see.
:-) Yeah, moving on... that's what I'm doing. It's a 7th rounder, all they did by taking him there was avoid the frenzy to sign him as an UDFA which 1/2 the teams in the league would have done. Why not take a flyer on him with the last pick.. you type that as if they moved up or took him in the 5th.

If he lives up to expectations and fails, nothing is lost. But, carry on with your narrative, please.

Denver currently has about $2.7M tied up for Lynch and Siemian on the cap... Kelly is uber cheap because of the draft spot, so less than $3M tied to all 3 is (a) a weird situation to have since it's the most important position and (b) shows they are not financially invested in either of them to make a stupid choice with the starter. Whomever walks out of TC looking the best, starts and then we'll let things settle however it settles.

Trust me, I hate not having a known quantity at QB at this point, but that doesn't mean he isn't there...
[Reply]
Tombstone RJ 02:31 PM 05-07-2017
:-) Yeah, moving on... that's what I'm doing. It's a 7th rounder, all they did by taking him there was avoid the frenzy to sign him as an UDFA which 1/2 the teams in the league would have done. Why not take a flyer on him with the last pick.. you type that as if they moved up or took him in the 5th.

If he lives up to expectations and fails, nothing is lost. But, carry on with your narrative, please.

Denver currently has about $2.7M tied up for Lynch and Siemian on the cap... Kelly is uber cheap because of the draft spot, so less than $3M tied to all 3 is (a) a weird situation to have since it's the most important position and (b) shows they are not financially invested in either of them to make a stupid choice with the starter. Whomever walks out of TC looking the best, starts and then we'll let things settle however it settles.

Trust me, I hate not having a known quantity at QB at this point, but that doesn't mean he isn't there...
This, perhaps, may be the greatest late round pick ever. His upside is tremendous. If he can screw his head on straight, he could end up being the best QB drafted in this draft class. Do I think this will actually happen? Probably not. But Kelly has his uncle's pedigree and his uncle's council. Jim Kelly was also a tool when he was young but he became a model citizen and a HOF QB. If Chad wants to succeed, he'll have to grow up, and apply himself. If he does that, he's got the raw talent and physical abilities to be a great NFL QB.
[Reply]
New World Order 02:41 PM 05-07-2017
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ:
This, perhaps, may be the greatest late round pick ever. His upside is tremendous. If he can screw his head on straight, he could end up being the best QB drafted in this draft class. Do I think this will actually happen? Probably not. But Kelly has his uncle's pedigree and his uncle's council. Jim Kelly was also a tool when he was young but he became a model citizen and a HOF QB. If Chad wants to succeed, he'll have to grow up, and apply himself. If he does that, he's got the raw talent and physical abilities to be a great NFL QB.

:-)

How ludicrous is this statement? RJ is turning into Knowmo.
[Reply]
Tombstone RJ 02:43 PM 05-07-2017
Originally Posted by New World Order:

You're scared. And paranoid. Why--because chiefs.
[Reply]
New World Order 02:47 PM 05-07-2017
You're scared. And paranoid. Why--because chiefs.

His college stats suck and he's a nutcase. Saw defenses give him the d plenty of times last year.
[Reply]
RunKC 02:47 PM 05-07-2017

Guess he's never heard of that tom brady guy
[Reply]
Tombstone RJ 02:50 PM 05-07-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Guess he's never heard of that tom brady guy
I should have said, greatest Mr. Irrelevant #253 pick. Tom Brady is obviously the greatest late round pick at QB.
[Reply]
Tombstone RJ 02:56 PM 05-07-2017
His college stats suck and he's a nutcase. Saw defenses give him the d plenty of times last year.
Is there a direct correlation between QB success in college and QB success in the NFL? Pretty sure there's a thread somewhere right on the planet that argues that Mahomes can be successful in the NFL without winning anything major in college. Lots of successful, big stat college QBs end up sucking in the NFL.
[Reply]
BlackOp 03:06 PM 05-07-2017
It speaks volumes that the QB needy Bills wouldnt even touch Kelly's nephew in the 7th.

I wouldn't get my hopes up...
[Reply]
Tombstone RJ 03:10 PM 05-07-2017
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
It speaks volumes that the QB needy Bills wouldnt even touch Kelly's nephew in the 7th.

I wouldn't get my hopes up...
The Bills haven't had a good QB since Jim Kelly. Really, that should tell you something about their ability to scout QBs.
[Reply]
BlackOp 03:18 PM 05-07-2017
The Bills haven't had a good QB since Jim Kelly. Really, that should tell you something about their ability to scout QBs.
According to a police report, Kelly fought with two bouncers and punched one in the face, and then told the bouncers, “I’m going to go to my car and get my AK-47 and spray this place.”

In response to that threat, Buffalo police pulled over a vehicle in which Kelly was a passenger. Kelly then fought with police.

Per the Buffalo News:

Kelly was forcibly removed from the vehicle, officers said. Police said Kelly kicked and tried to swing at officers as they removed him from the vehicle. They said he resisted getting into a patrol vehicle and struggled with staff at central booking.

He also was kicked off his high school team...then got into trouble at a private school. He punched a coach at Clemson then was kicked off that team too...

Sounds like a real winner...Elfraud is getting desperate. :-) He should fit right in with the entitled, cheating, douchebag culture in Donkoland.

Just another example of a spoiled rich kid...having his famous uncle making a call to get him drafted. I'm sure that helped resolve his entitlement issues.
[Reply]
BlackOp 03:31 PM 05-07-2017
No..It should tell you that Jim Kelly is still close to that franchise...and they wanted nothing to do with his nephew.
[Reply]
Page 841 of 4905
« First < 341741791831837838839840841 84284384484585189194113411841 > Last »
Up