ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 84 of 92
« First < 34748081828384 85868788 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Xavier Worthy Thread*****
Dante84 09:24 PM 04-25-2024
More to come!

Text from an AFC GM on the #Chiefs getting Xavier Worthy: “FU** me” https://t.co/IjLQ7xeN37

— Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) April 26, 2024

Xavier Worthy - WR, UT

- Early career production
- Dynamic threat downfield & after the catch
- Elite speed & start-stop ability
- Fluid mover w/ good route running chops
- Ball tracking is A+

Not entirely sure why the vibe isn't higher when talking about him in the WR class. pic.twitter.com/dv3JjdyZgh

— Matt Lane (@Matty_KCSN) February 26, 2024

The only one Worthy.

With the 28th pick in the NFL Draft, we have selected @XavierWorthy! pic.twitter.com/enRBDQAVA5

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 26, 2024

I'll write something fresh about Worthy tomorrow morning now that he's a Chief to lay out how he's more than speed, but for now here's an excerpt from article linked in the below tweet... https://t.co/EcW7QtUrFF pic.twitter.com/811ahCEfMS

— Seth Keysor (@RealMNchiefsfan) April 26, 2024

Welcome to Kansas City Xavier Worthy

Here’s how the draft party reacted to X’s name being called #HookEm | #Texas pic.twitter.com/eCnu8W7Rrb

— Cory Mose (@Cory_Mose) April 26, 2024

Kansas City Chiefs add some serious speed in Xavier Worthy https://t.co/ZbhUUQwa32 pic.twitter.com/8D6v8ecd4j

— Reception Perception (@RecepPerception) April 26, 2024

[Reply]
FloridaMan88 12:14 PM 05-16-2024
Originally Posted by |Zach|:
:-)
How many empty store fronts on the Plaza currently?

Why does Shake Shack have to close their dining room early on weekends?

Why did the movie theater close?

What happened to Nordstrom’s moving to the Plaza?

Third World Shithole might be an understatement to describe the current state of affairs on the Plaza.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 12:17 PM 05-16-2024
Originally Posted by ThrobProng:
The people who actually live in KC are laughing at you, so...
Obviously they don’t go to the Plaza… because it’s a shitshow there currently.

Empty storefronts, high crime, decrease in visitors, etc.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:19 PM 05-16-2024
Originally Posted by FloridaMan88:

Third World Shithole might be an understatement to describe the current state of affairs on the Plaza.
There are empty store fronts all across the suburbs too...
[Reply]
ThrobProng 12:23 PM 05-16-2024

People in Bangladesh shudder at the thought of a restaurant having to close its dining room early. :-)
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 12:25 PM 05-16-2024
Originally Posted by Mecca:
There are empty store fronts all across the suburbs too...
To the same extent as the Plaza?

The Plaza was at 83% occupancy as of the end of 2023. And the Plaza’s owners defaulted last year as well.

And Town Center Plaza and similar places in Johnson County don’t have the high crime issues impacting the Plaza.
[Reply]
Dante84 12:28 PM 05-16-2024
Which apt complex was it?
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 12:31 PM 05-16-2024
Obviously they don’t go to the Plaza… because it’s a shitshow there currently.

Empty storefronts, high crime, decrease in visitors, etc.
It's a shopping district/center. Turnover of store fronts is normal. The Nordstrom failed not because of crime in the area, but because of COVID fallout to brick and mortar stores.

I'm down there all the time. Walk up during the day from work (my office is adjacent). Go there for dinner. Walk around at night. All four seasons.

Like any shopping area, it has the occasional influx of teenagers up to no good as they try to kill time. But it is not an unsafe place by any means.

The truth is that there really is not an unsafe area in Kansas City outside of the Crime Square of 20th North to 40th South, The Paseo to the West to Prospect to the East. That area is where the overwhelming majority of serious or violent crime in Kansas City occurs.
[Reply]
Otter 12:36 PM 05-16-2024
Am I in DC again?

I thought this was a thread about our new WR?
[Reply]
Fish 12:37 PM 05-16-2024
KC isn't quite 90s Iran just yet. But vehicular theft is currently way out of control, and it's been that way since the pandemic. I had my vehicle stolen at the end of 22. If you reference StolenKC, every damn day you'll see another Hellcat or similar type car stolen. Cops don't have the resources to deal with it, and the thieves know that.
[Reply]
Wallymo 01:15 PM 05-16-2024
Originally Posted by xztop123:
I wish we had hollywood for more than one year.
I think Hollywood's chances of a second contract with the Chiefs have increased significantly this offseason.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 01:18 PM 05-16-2024
Originally Posted by Fish:
KC isn't quite 90s Iran just yet. But vehicular theft is currently way out of control, and it's been that way since the pandemic. I had my vehicle stolen at the end of 22. If you reference StolenKC, every damn day you'll see another Hellcat or similar type car stolen. Cops don't have the resources to deal with it, and the thieves know that.
Had my car stolen in Los Angeles and called the cops to tell them I had video of the crime. They never showed up, went into the police station on the 3rd day and the cop just laughed at me. The place was a fucking zoo, constant fire alarms during the approx 1 hr I was there, an old lady's house was actively being broken into after the cops just chased off the same guy, they didn't want to go back just told her to close her doors lol, a 7-11 was held up at gun point by two teens, and there was a massive DUI car accident right in front of the station. I teased him that they're so understaffed he should think about changing sides, he teased back "think about it all the time."

Cop is a shit job, they need waaaaaay more resources than they currently have, which atleast out here turns them bad sometimes. I've heard so many terrible cop stories out here, they're the most feared gang in LA.
[Reply]
xztop123 01:21 PM 05-16-2024
Originally Posted by Wallymo:
I think Hollywood's chances of a second contract with the Chiefs have increased significantly this offseason.
But I expect him to do so well that he may price himself out of a second kc contract. Which is why I wish we had done it now
[Reply]
Mecca 01:26 PM 05-16-2024
But I expect him to do so well that he may price himself out of a second kc contract. Which is why I wish we had done it now
He wasn't going more than 1 year at that price, he's banking on a big year to get paid.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 01:27 PM 05-16-2024
Originally Posted by Otter:
Am I in DC again?

I thought this was a thread about our new WR?
His car was broken into in KC.
[Reply]
Wallymo 01:29 PM 05-16-2024
I expect Brown to do well too. But he's still going to be small with a checkered production history and injury concerns. So maybe his next contract will also be reasonable.
[Reply]
Page 84 of 92
« First < 34748081828384 85868788 > Last »
Up