ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 84 of 341
« First < 34748081828384 8586878894134184 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
HonestChieffan 11:58 AM 01-23-2011
Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?
[Reply]
Bwana 04:03 PM 06-10-2017
Here are some good reads on scopes if anyone is interested. A guy can pay all he want for a scope, damn. Lots of good information.

http://precisionrifleblog.com/2013/0...s-to-look-for/

http://precisionrifleblog.com/2014/0...sults-summary/

http://precisionrifleblog.com/2015/1...-and-reticles/
[Reply]
Bwana 04:12 PM 06-10-2017
Another great read on long range shooting.

http://precisionrifleblog.com/2016/1...ooting-school/
[Reply]
notorious 04:22 PM 06-10-2017
That is a good site. I remember when they did a huge roundup/evaluation of high-end scopes and how much butt-hurt resulted on the other sites I am a member of. :-)

When people spend 2k on a scope, they don't like it when another person says it's not the greatest thing ever.

(Whoops, I just realized the second link you posted is the scope-off! :-))
[Reply]
Dunit35 04:24 PM 06-10-2017
Got my eotech today. It was manufactured 4-17. Was going to send it back for something else but their website says sights made after October 2016 have minimal thermal drift issue. Same amount as Trijicon states.
[Reply]
notorious 04:27 PM 06-10-2017
There is another good site by a guy named Koshkin. He is a scope guru.

http://opticsthoughts.com/?page_id=145

I also like www.snipershide.com and www.opticstalk.com
[Reply]
Frazod 06:05 PM 06-10-2017
Originally Posted by notorious:
That is a good site. I remember when they did a huge roundup/evaluation of high-end scopes and how much butt-hurt resulted on the other sites I am a member of. :-)

When people spend 2k on a scope, they don't like it when another person says it's not the greatest thing ever.

(Whoops, I just realized the second link you posted is the scope-off! :-))
My gun snob buddy has a $2,000 scope on his $5,000 AR. It is pretty damned nice, though. I mean, if you like that sort of thing. :-)
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 06:19 PM 06-10-2017
Originally Posted by Frazod:
My gun snob buddy has a $2,000 scope on his $5,000 AR. It is pretty damned nice, though. I mean, if you like that sort of thing. :-)
I would rather do $500 for a gun another $500 for a scope and buy multiple guns that way..but I'm a cheap ass
[Reply]
Frazod 06:29 PM 06-10-2017
Originally Posted by mac459:
I would rather do $500 for a gun another $500 for a scope and buy multiple guns that way..but I'm a cheap ass
Oh, he can definitely afford it. And to his credit, he shoots in 3-gun matches regularly and puts thousands of rounds through his competition guns a year. They don't just sit in a safe being needlessly expensive.
[Reply]
notorious 07:14 PM 06-10-2017
I will say this, once you go high-end, it's hard to go back.

I wouldn't trade my Steiner Military 4-16's for anything. They are awesome, and track dead-nuts on. Illumination is amazing on them, too.
[Reply]
kjwood75nro 07:56 PM 06-10-2017
Seems the other gun forums aren't too impressed with that .308 rifle, though a lot of it referenced uppers and lowers, and proprietary parts.

Not sure if this is complete gun is something different, tried all kinds of Google searches.
[Reply]
Frazod 07:56 PM 06-10-2017
Originally Posted by notorious:
I will say this, once you go high-end, it's hard to go back.

I wouldn't trade my Steiner Military 4-16's for anything. They are awesome, and track dead-nuts on. Illumination is amazing on them, too.
I'm starting to think I might invest in a cheaper carry gun if I'm going someplace that I know I won't be able to carry.

Last night I went to a concert. They've got the signs up, but I just ignore them at this point. Up here, all they can do (in the one in a million instance where somebody realizes you're carrying) is demand you leave the premises, and if you don't give them any shit and just leave, there's no issue. But last night, as I was waiting in line to enter, I realized that the pansies had taken it up a level, and were now actively patting people down. Fucking idiot liberals.

So obviously I had to return to the car and stow the gun. The glove box doesn't have a lock, so I just dropped it under the seat. And I really, really didn't like leaving my $1,000 CZ under the fucking seat in an unattended vehicle for three hours. Nothing happened, but I really didn't like it.

I kind of regret selling my little M&P 9c now, but what's done is done. I may get a replacement cheapie carry gun for these situations. Maybe I'll check with Summit to see if they have any used Glock deals, or pick up a new XDS from PSA - hell, they're practically giving them away lately.
[Reply]
notorious 07:59 PM 06-10-2017
Originally Posted by kjwood75nro:
Seems the other gun forums aren't too impressed with that .308 rifle, though a lot of it referenced uppers and lowers, and proprietary parts.

Not sure if this is complete gun is something different, tried all kinds of Google searches.
PSA 10's are supposed to be based on DPMS pattern, but there were a lot of issues when they released them.
[Reply]
SAUTO 08:04 PM 06-10-2017
Here's another PSA deal I'd be all over if I needed another .308.

I don't need this. I don't need this..... I.... DON'T.... NEED... THISS....... :-)

http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-g...=12%3a00+Email

Thanks for the link.

Just ordered
[Reply]
Frazod 08:08 PM 06-10-2017
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:
Thanks for the link.

Just ordered
Excellent!

If the wife complains, just blame me. I think that's the route Bwana's taking. :-)
[Reply]
SAUTO 08:13 PM 06-10-2017
Excellent!

If the wife complains, just blame me. I think that's the route Bwana's taking. :-)
Dude, I'm very lucky in that regards. She's the type that has been on me for months TO SPEND money on my hot rod projects. She's awesome.

Edit: PLUS she wants a car right now...
[Reply]
Page 84 of 341
« First < 34748081828384 8586878894134184 > Last »
Up