Page 839 of 4909
« First < 339739789829835836837838839 84084184284384988993913391839 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 04:44 AM 05-05-2017
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Denver may have the worst offense in the NFL next year. It was dismal last year, may be even worse this year, especially if they start Lynch.
Let's not act like KC was a shining example of awesomeness... on offense, both teams sucked last year. KC just happened to suck a wee bit less in some categories.

Biggest difference was rushing… 300 more total yards and 4 more TDs.
Passing offense was nearly identical.
Total Off TDs was 34 v 31
1st Down offense - KC was 23 and Denver was 29 - both bottom half
KC had a slightly better 3rd down % with 38% to 34% - both bottom half
Both teams were top 15 in penalties.

KC had an 8:4 advantage on TDs scored by PR/KR/INT/FUM
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 05:39 AM 05-05-2017
:-)FFF; border:0; border-radius:3px; box-shadow:0 0 1px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.5),0 1px 10px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.15); margin: 1px; max-width:658px; padding:0; width:99.375%; width:-webkit-calc(100% - 2px); width:calc(100% - 2px);">
:-)F8F8F8; line-height:0; margin-top:40px; padding:50.0% 0; text-align:center; width:100%;">

:-)000; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; font-style:normal; font-weight:normal; line-height:17px; text-decoration:none; word-wrap:break-word;" target="_blank">What a great night I had with 2 great buds in Denver, my agent Brian Nelson and long time friend John Elway. Doesn't get any better. If you never been to Elway's restaurant, it's a must. Delicious ��. Thank you John.

:-)c9c8cd; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; line-height:17px; margin-bottom:0; margin-top:8px; overflow:hidden; padding:8px 0 7px; text-align:center; text-overflow:ellipsis; white-space:nowrap;">A post shared by Jim Kelly (@jimkelly1212) on

[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 05:42 AM 05-05-2017

Which teams improved the most this offseason?
AFC West: Broncos
NFC West: 49ers

All divisions:
https://t.co/tZyCLxfR3V pic.twitter.com/sl3ioImACh

— Pro Football Focus (@PFF) May 5, 2017

:-)

[Reply]
staylor26 06:54 AM 05-05-2017
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:

:-)

:-) Based on what?
[Reply]
Best22 07:37 AM 05-05-2017
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
That was my point...Allen left with an ACL. KC doesnt comeback without that injury.

They have Hunter, Bosa, Allen and just drafted the top WR. If they stay healthy..they are better than Oakland.
Thing is, Keenan Allen has a bunch of knew injuries at this point. He's not gonna be the same player. A number of their players unfortunately had knee injuries last year. It takes a toll.

Blaming injuries for a week 1 choke is fine, but its no different from Chiefs fans blaming injuries for our 44-45 loss to the Clots
[Reply]
MagicHef 11:14 AM 05-05-2017
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Pretty sure the schedule reflects 2 games between KC and Dungver. They're only betting on a sweep of your shit team. Has nothing to do with schedule. VaJona will be wearing clown shoes after Andy is done with him. Don't worry after a couple years of being dominated in his division your "leader of men" will be fired and the next victim will be taking over.
The terms are for sig rights until the end of the regular season. The second KC-DEN game is the last game of the season. Even if KC sweeps Denver, Tombstone will never have a sig picked out by stumppy.
[Reply]
New World Order 11:27 AM 05-05-2017
Most places I look give Denver a C or C+ in the draft.

Most seem to like what the Charges did last week.

We'll see.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:31 AM 05-05-2017
Broncos lost a HOF pass rusher and IMO a HOF coach. They are starting all over on offense and a first year new HC, first year starting QB (I think Lynch wins the job), an OL with a lot of new faces and little chemistry and a questionable running game.

It's hard to see the Broncos winning the division with so much overhaul and new inexperienced staff/players over KC & OAK who are well established and more developed this year.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:34 AM 05-05-2017
The Broncos should get better on offense but their defense is going to take a step back.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 11:39 AM 05-05-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Broncos lost a HOF pass rusher and IMO a HOF coach. They are starting all over on offense and a first year new HC, first year starting QB (I think Lynch wins the job), an OL with a lot of new faces and little chemistry and a questionable running game.

It's hard to see the Broncos winning the division with so much overhaul and new inexperienced staff/players over KC & OAK who are well established and more developed this year.
Losing Ware hurts, but Shane Ray did well last year and appears fully capable of filling the role. Losing Wade - sure, maybe the new guy has some different wrinkles, but I don't expect a huge dropoff. Again, many around here said "you're doomed with Wade, just look at past teams and what happens after year 2". So, which is it?

I don't know who wins the QB job... my gut says Trevor starts week 1, although with 3 of 4 at home and then a bye to start, maybe that is the time to roll with him and if he fails, move on.

The OL has 3 new starters, so that's positive, it's not like they can get much worse. And, the RBs... nice platoon of options. McCoy will be nice as the OC and I like Musgrave tutoring the QBs.

It's not as dark and gloomy as many hope that it is in Denver.

Originally Posted by New World Order:
Most places I look give Denver a C or C+ in the draft.

Most seem to like what the Charges did last week.

We'll see.
I've seen a lot of B grades, but none of it matters. And, stop using my line to close out a comment...
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 11:39 AM 05-05-2017
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
The Broncos should get better on offense but their defense is going to take a step back.
Why? Losing Wade... doubt it.
[Reply]
New World Order 11:42 AM 05-05-2017
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
Losing Ware hurts, but Shane Ray did well last year and appears fully capable of filling the role. Losing Wade - sure, maybe the new guy has some different wrinkles, but I don't expect a huge dropoff. Again, many around here said "you're doomed with Wade, just look at past teams and what happens after year 2". So, which is it?

I don't know who wins the QB job... my gut says Trevor starts week 1, although with 3 of 4 at home and then a bye to start, maybe that is the time to roll with him and if he fails, move on.

The OL has 3 new starters, so that's positive, it's not like they can get much worse. And, the RBs... nice platoon of options. McCoy will be nice as the OC and I like Musgrave tutoring the QBs.

It's not as dark and gloomy as many hope that it is in Denver.

I've seen a lot of B grades, but none of it matters. And, stop using my line to close out a comment...

Not sure if I can grant your wish.

We'll see.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 11:45 AM 05-05-2017
The run defense should be much better. We had no depth on the DL last year after Vance Walker went down. Getting Peko and Kerr will do wonders for our run defense and I'm excited to see what a healthy Adam Gotsis will bring.

We still have Talib, Harris, Roby, Ward, Stewart, and Simmons so our secondary shouldn't have much of a drop off. Wade's defense didn't do a whole lot. Everyone knew that Denver was going to be in man-to-man on nearly every play, it worked because we had so much damn talent in the secondary.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:52 AM 05-05-2017
I don't think their offense will be good. Better, but not good.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 11:57 AM 05-05-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I don't think their offense will be good. Better, but not good.
Who knows really... McCoy/Musgrave are a wild card and I like the style they will employ. Question is, can the revamped OL do their thing and the RBs stay healthy. The rookie FB from last year looked nice, so if he's healthy, that helps. The platoon of RBs looks good, none are every down backs at this point, but that's fine.

They really need something from the TE position, and when Charles is in - I see him being that safety option to move the chaings until Jake or another TE proves to be consistent.

Those things work out and they just need consistent production from the QB. I have no issues with Trevor, but Lynch is likely better suited for what McCoy wants to do. Hell, if Kelly can walk the straight and narrow, he may well be the best option of them all - not this year though.

I think they can be a top 15 offense, which isn't great... but it could be good enough with the defense they have, and I say 'good enough' to battle for 10-11 wins.

Division titles... playoffs, I'll worry about all that later.
[Reply]
Page 839 of 4909
« First < 339739789829835836837838839 84084184284384988993913391839 > Last »
Up