ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 832 of 4913
« First < 332732782822828829830831832 83383483583684288293213321832 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
RunKC 02:04 PM 05-03-2017
Knowmo's making progress. At least he finally gave up on Donald Stephenson after watching him get destroyed last year.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:09 PM 05-03-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Knowmo's making progress. At least he finally gave up on Donald Stephenson after watching him get destroyed last year.
And he's being somewhat careful about Watson, even though he already tried hyping him up.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 02:17 PM 05-03-2017
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:
I'd rather have Denver's LT, LG, C, and RG than KC's.
:-)
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 02:17 PM 05-03-2017
Siemian's #'s compare very favorably to Alex Smith's, and Siemian throws a pretty nice deep ball...
Cheap pile high air.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 02:24 PM 05-03-2017
Originally Posted by New World Order:
What in the **** :-)
Fisher is an average to above average LT who's making $10M this year and $14M next year. I'd much rather have Bolles at a third of the price.

LDT isn't significantly better than Max Garcia and Garcia is much cheaper.
[Reply]
KranzDictum 02:29 PM 05-03-2017
Siemian's #'s compare very favorably to Alex Smith's, and Siemian throws a pretty nice deep ball...
Smith is a system QB, the system is throw it to the LOS designing plays that allow for YAC. He cannot throw consistently deep, he is afraid to throw it deep, I think with the 10th pick in the draft sitting behind him he may be more willing to chuck it up deep enough to allow reek to abuse his speed and run under it but if you are asking him to throw to a spot over 20 yards downfield multiple times in a game he just can't do it.

Siemian can make all the throws and hit multiple guys in multiple games IN STRIDE for long TD's. I think he had a 60+ TD to Sanders twice vs Cincy, he had great touch on the pass to Fowler vs kc late in the game we should have won, etc,

The issue the last 2 years was terrible OL play, after the RB's went down teams blanketed the WR's and the pass rushers only had to worry about pass rushing. Kubes routes took forever to open up as they were 5 and 7 step routes, he just never had time.

McCoy is going to use more shotgun, I bet it looks like Manning's old O, pieces of Erhardt-Perkins system. It puts a lot on the QB to run it but Trevor is a smart guy. Being in the gun and getting the ball out quick will also help Lynch when he gets a chance to play in the PS.
[Reply]
KranzDictum 02:33 PM 05-03-2017
Fisher is an average to above average LT who's making $10M this year and $14M next year. I'd much rather have Bolles at a third of the price.

LDT isn't significantly better than Max Garcia and Garcia is much cheaper.
It only took Fisher what, 5 years to get to be average.

I hope Bolles can be average pass blocker out of the gate and above avg run blocker. If Bolles, Leary and Pradis can allow Trevor to step up in the pocket he will be very good. Last year with the deep drops and his tendancy to drift in the pocket due to being a 1st time starter he would get killed when the bad tackles would get beat, this year with the improved inside of the OL and adding a high draft pick at Tackle he should be able to step up when they do go deep (which I don't think will be nearly as often as Kubes did) and allow the outside rushers to be pushed out of the play.
[Reply]
RunKC 02:37 PM 05-03-2017
LDT was one of the best pass protecting G's last year and Morse didn't give up any sacks last year.
GTFO with your homer crap Knowmo
[Reply]
FlaChief58 02:40 PM 05-03-2017
Originally Posted by KranzDictum:
It only took Fisher what, 5 years to get to be average.

I hope Bolles can be average pass blocker out of the gate and above avg run blocker. If Bolles, Leary and Pradis can allow Trevor to step up in the pocket he will be very good. Last year with the deep drops and his tendancy to drift in the pocket due to being a 1st time starter he would get killed when the bad tackles would get beat, this year with the improved inside of the OL and adding a high draft pick at Tackle he should be able to step up when they do go deep (which I don't think will be nearly as often as Kubes did) and allow the outside rushers to be pushed out of the play.
News flash.... You're O-line hasn't improved. You're hanging your hopes on a guy who scored a 9 on the wonderlic who plays a position that typically takes 3 years for smart player to master. Great plan though
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 02:43 PM 05-03-2017
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
You are full of shit :-) Seamen is bottom of the barrel. You realize that thin pile high air inflates numbers right?
I'm picking up what you're putting down, without question. 18 TDs and 11 of them on the road, 7 @ Mile High. #solidpoint

Originally Posted by New World Order:
I think both teams are pretty even, but for some reason I feel like KC matches up very well with Denver. Denver has lockdown corners, but KC doesn't really run an offense that caters to Denver's strengths. We run the ball, throw a lot of quick passes and usually don't turn the ball over.
Dude, totally follow you here... that's why they drafted PHII.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 02:43 PM 05-03-2017
Originally Posted by Flachief58:
News flash.... You're O-line hasn't improved. You're hanging your hopes on a guy who scored a 9 on the wonderlic who plays a position that typically takes 3 years for smart player to master. Great plan though
That's not the only change they made to OL in the offseason.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 02:58 PM 05-03-2017
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
That's not the only change they made to OL in the offseason.
Yeah, I heard you got someone's cast off in FA... I'm sorry, you've vastly improved your O-line :-)
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:16 PM 05-03-2017
Honest take... Denver has a lot of pure arm talent at QB between Kelly and Lynch

Two real cannons

The catch is that there may not be a whole brain betwixt the two of them, but we'll see... its been proven that dummies can sometimes be coached up into serviceable players

But you cant coach God given arm talent

There it is, my first - and last - evenhanded post of the season regarding Denver
[Reply]
KranzDictum 03:41 PM 05-03-2017
Originally Posted by Flachief58:
Yes it has. Elway went out and got Leary which was huge. Stephenson is avg, probably the best tackle on the team as of right now, could be all year. There is a reason John didn't cut him yet. He came in and stabilized the line vs kc in the 1st game and had he started we probably win that one. I am not saying he is great just a depth body like he was with you.

Menelik Watson is an injury risk but better than Ty which is not saying all that much but again it is better depth than last year.

I want to see what Bolles can do in TC before calling him a mental midget, I like my OL mean and stupid, this is football, if Bolles can get to the 2nd level in run blocking and push the pass rush wide then he will be fine and another upgrade.

Pradis got his hip fixed in offseason. RG is the weak link right now on paper.

The other things to consider are that the O scheme is going to be different and the OL Coaching should be much improved.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 03:57 PM 05-03-2017
Originally Posted by KranzDictum:
Yes it has. Elway went out and got Leary which was huge. Stephenson is avg, probably the best tackle on the team as of right now, could be all year. There is a reason John didn't cut him yet. He came in and stabilized the line vs kc in the 1st game and had he started we probably win that one. I am not saying he is great just a depth body like he was with you.

Menelik Watson is an injury risk but better than Ty which is not saying all that much but again it is better depth than last year.

I want to see what Bolles can do in TC before calling him a mental midget, I like my OL mean and stupid, this is football, if Bolles can get to the 2nd level in run blocking and push the pass rush wide then he will be fine and another upgrade.

Pradis got his hip fixed in offseason. RG is the weak link right now on paper.

The other things to consider are that the O scheme is going to be different and the OL Coaching should be much improved.
Stopped reading at Stevenson is your best tackle on the team. Pathetic!
[Reply]
Page 832 of 4913
« First < 332732782822828829830831832 83383483583684288293213321832 > Last »
Up