ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 831 of 2694
« First < 331731781821827828829830831 83283383483584188193113311831 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Mecca 11:16 AM 07-20-2018
Peters turnover numbers are HOF good, so replacing him will be difficult.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:20 AM 07-20-2018
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Peters turnover numbers are HOF good, so replacing him will be difficult.
Replacing him will be impossible. Yes, we can get a guy over there that can cover.

But those turnover numbers, like you said are on a HoF pace.
[Reply]
StinkBox 11:26 AM 07-20-2018
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Welcome to the fan club, Mahomo.

But Yes, Marcus Peters is in fact a big loss there's nothing debatable about it. Regardless of anyone's personal feelings about his attitude, the man produced on the field far more often than not. He was one of the only defenders that actually showed up against the Titans.

The man forced 24 Turnovers over 3 seasons by himself. You don't just lose that kind of production and pretend it won't be felt.
Oh, I agree with that 100%.

Where there's room for deliberation is as to whether he would have remained an asset to the team due to the contempt he harbored for his situation. His physical talents were indeed very good but I think he was at the point where he was willing to be the biggest SOB possible just to have himself removed from KC which in turn would have led to him being a bigger liability than an asset.

Think angry wife who wants a divorce kind of contempt that I think was his next move.
[Reply]
Kiimo 11:27 AM 07-20-2018
We aren't going to miss Marcus Peters and I'm not one of the people who cares about his attitude or anthem crap.

The fact is he covered a lot of really crappy coverage and zero tackling with strips and picks. Those are huge but in the long run you're better with solid coverage and the ability to stop the run.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:33 AM 07-20-2018
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
We aren't going to miss Marcus Peters and I'm not one of the people who cares about his attitude or anthem crap.

The fact is he covered a lot of really crappy coverage and zero tackling with strips and picks. Those are huge but in the long run you're better with solid coverage and the ability to stop the run.

[Reply]
Kiimo 11:35 AM 07-20-2018
I don't know watch some film maybe?

Study up on what a good corner's assignments actually are? Look how the Chiefs defense performed when he was out? Stop posting whiny bitch gifs?
[Reply]
ptlyon 11:37 AM 07-20-2018

We won't necessarily need the turnovers when Mahomes and the gang of TD thieves are shoving it up the opponents ass like a Jap with an air compressor hose
[Reply]
Simply Red 11:41 AM 07-20-2018
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:

[Reply]
ModSocks 11:44 AM 07-20-2018
I don't know watch some film maybe?
Film huh? :-)

Study up on what a good corner's assignments actually are?
As if you know their assignments...

Look how the Chiefs defense performed when he was out?
That's a sample of what, one or two games? :-)

But totally, losing a multiple All Pro that was creating turnovers at a HoF pace means nothing. Totally. You earned your meme.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:55 AM 07-20-2018
Originally Posted by StinkBox:
Oh, I agree with that 100%.

Where there's room for deliberation is as to whether he would have remained an asset to the team due to the contempt he harbored for his situation. His physical talents were indeed very good but I think he was at the point where he was willing to be the biggest SOB possible just to have himself removed from KC which in turn would have led to him being a bigger liability than an asset.

Think angry wife who wants a divorce kind of contempt that I think was his next move.

via GIPHY

[Reply]
OKchiefs 11:59 AM 07-20-2018
So, back to Patrick Mahomes...
[Reply]
Halfcan 12:23 PM 07-20-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Happens every year. This was last year :-)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbs...s-crowned/amp/
:-)

Prisco is a Chief's hater. He picks us to lose almost every week and rarely has anything positive to say.

Pete always has a gem of a quote like "The loss of Hali and Gaines will just be too much for this team, plus choosing unproven players without NFL experience in the draft, I don't see them winning very many games."
[Reply]
Mecca 01:00 PM 07-20-2018

Turnovers do more for winning games than any amount of solid play will, it's why playmakers get paid.

Todays game has such razor thin margins if his turnovers aren't replaced at all and this team ends up creating 8-10 less turnovers that could be the difference in being a 10-6 team that goes 7-9.

Those are the facts, you hope other aspects can make up for it but it is something to overcome.
[Reply]
Best22 01:13 PM 07-20-2018
Film huh? :-)

As if you know their assignments...

That's a sample of what, one or two games? :-)

But totally, losing a multiple All Pro that was creating turnovers at a HoF pace means nothing. Totally. You earned your meme.
Turnovers?

The Chiefs were +15 in turnovers, while the Eagles were +11 and the Patriots were +6!

Good, solid defense and aggressive offense is how you win in the NFL.
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:20 PM 07-20-2018
Originally Posted by Best22:
Turnovers?

The Chiefs were +15 in turnovers, while the Eagles were +11 and the Patriots were +6!

Good, solid defense and aggressive offense is how you win in the NFL.
Good thing the Chiefs had those turnovers to help compensate for their otherwise shitty performance in every other statistical category.

The Eagles being +11 does nothing to help your argument, as that's also a great turnover margin.

And guess what, we just traded away 8 of those 15 turnovers. If you think that doesn't matter...well...you do you.
[Reply]
Page 831 of 2694
« First < 331731781821827828829830831 83283383483584188193113311831 > Last »
Up