« First < 33737980818283 8485868793 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach is the best GM in the NFL
staylor26 11:51 AM 07-14-2020
I don’t think it’s even debatable at this point
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:28 PM 10-17-2022
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Except they weren’t.
:-) Wut. Franchise tagged for at least this season and were in heavy negotiations to make him our LT for the long term. I'd be willing to wager he's played himself out of any realistic chances of striking a deal both he and the Chiefs would be satisfied with but going into the 2022 draft Brown Jr absolutely was pencilled in as our LT for the foreseeable future.
[Reply]
tredadda 03:33 PM 10-17-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
:-) Wut. Franchise tagged for at least this season and were in heavy negotiations to make him our LT for the long term. I'd be willing to wager he's played himself out of any realistic chances of striking a deal both he and the Chiefs would be satisfied with but going into the 2022 draft Brown Jr absolutely was pencilled in as our LT for the foreseeable future.
They could have drafted a LT had one been there when they drafted that they felt was better than Brown. Had they been all in on him Veach would not have crafted the contract he did. He did it because he wasn’t 100% on Brown, but he was the best option. Had KC really felt he was the long term future they would have given him the contract he wanted.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 03:36 PM 10-17-2022
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Who, specifically, would you be willing to give up TWO firsts and a third to draft?
Okay, then let’s put it this way. How would you address left tackle next year? Would you give OBJ his asking price (likely $20+ million)? If not, what’s your solution. They certainly have to do something. Veach is the one paid the big bucks to find an answer at LT. Yes hindsight is 20/20, but it’s pretty clear at this point OBJ isn’t the answer. Yes grow LT is hard, but we have no choice.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 03:37 PM 10-17-2022
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
Brant vlearck is still best GM in the NFL.
As recently as this offseason you were still saying CEH and Hardman were excellent players.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:38 PM 10-17-2022
I mean, he still offered him a top of the market deal. Not being willing to cave to unreasonable contract demands by Brown and his agent doesn't mean he wasn't still sold on him as the future. Was willing to try and let him go out and earn that. Which he has so far failed in spectacular fashion to do.
[Reply]
tredadda 03:38 PM 10-17-2022
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Okay, then let’s put it this way. How would you address left tackle next year? Would you give OBJ his asking price (likely $20+ million)? If not, what’s your solution. They certainly have to do something. Veach is the one paid the big bucks to find an answer at LT. Yes hindsight is 20/20, but it’s pretty clear at this point OBJ isn’t the answer. Yes grow LT is hard, but we have no choice.
You make some good points here. Brown is not looking like the long term solution and Veach will need to fix that. BUT you can’t give up that kind of haul for any non QB prospect unless he is a generational talent.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 03:40 PM 10-17-2022
The LT supply is good in 2023.

Form a one year agreement with OBJ that would guarantee him UFA in 2024 and let him play one more year there.

Draft tackle early and let them get experience at RT and move to LT in 2024.

If OBJ bombs at LT again, offer him a strong RT deal. If he declines, take the comp 3rd in 2025.

I mean, he still offered him a top of the market deal. Not being willing to cave to unreasonable contract demands by Brown and his agent doesn't mean he wasn't still sold on him as the future. Was willing to try and let him go out and earn that. Which he has so far failed in spectacular fashion to do.
The deal was really a front loaded 2 year deal. It's not like his contract was gonna crush the Chiefs.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:42 PM 10-17-2022
Why would he agree to that and why would we do it? He wants to secure the long term money ASAP. If he hasn't shown the proclivity to be a top 5 LT in our offense by now what would change between now and then?
[Reply]
OKchiefs 03:44 PM 10-17-2022
Originally Posted by tredadda:
You make some good points here. Brown is not looking like the long term solution and Veach will need to fix that. BUT you can’t give up that kind of haul for any non QB prospect unless he is a generational talent.
Maybe an extra 3rd is too much, but two 1st round picks for a position as important as LT isn’t unheard of. Would you have given two 1sts for a healthy Rashawn Slater? You’re certainly taking a risk that the player ends up being a bust, but I don’t know what else you do. You can’t just throw in a journeyman at left tackle. Chances of finding one later in the draft are slim, particularly one who can contribute soon. So the way I see it you either pay OBJ or trade up for one, I don’t see any other options.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:45 PM 10-17-2022
I never said it would have. I have no problem with the deal we offered, although I'd be incredibly disappointed in his play so far.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 03:48 PM 10-17-2022
Why would he agree to that and why would we do it? He wants to secure the long term money ASAP. If he hasn't shown the proclivity to be a top 5 LT in our offense by now what would change between now and then?
This again. Sigh.

The Chiefs would do it because they're not going to start a rookie at LT. It's just not going to happen. Not even the #1 overall pick in the draft was good enough for Andy to start at LT.

It's not going to happen.

Take a look at the shitbarn in FA. You can definitely downgrade at the position.

Why would OBJ do it? Because it would be the best way to guarantee he's going to hit the open market in 2024.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 03:50 PM 10-17-2022
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
This again. Sigh.

The Chiefs would do it because they're not going to start a rookie at LT. It's just not going to happen. Not even the #1 overall pick in the draft was good enough for Andy to start at LT.

Take a look at the shitbarn in FA. You can definitely downgrade at the position.

Why would OBJ do it? Because it would be the best way to guarantee he's going to hit the open market in 2024.
He would hit the open market in 2024 anyways. KC isn’t franchising him three years in a row. He would make around $24 million in 2024 (I think) on a third consecutive tag, that’s way too much.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 03:51 PM 10-17-2022
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
He would hit the open market in 2024 anyways. KC isn’t franchising him three years in a row. He would make around $24 million in 2024 (I think) on a third consecutive tag, that’s way too much.
Transition tag to tag and trade. They would still control his rights.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:54 PM 10-17-2022
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
This again. Sigh.

Uhh, OBJ probably isn't willingly waiting another year for his long term money. He was already on the cusp of sitting out without a long term deal this season. I wouldn't be so keen to play that game a second time.
[Reply]
PHOG 03:55 PM 10-17-2022
Originally Posted by JustRyan:
No disrespect intended, but I think an argument could be made that the Bills coaching beat the Bills in that playoff game more-so than the Bills players.

Not squib kicking the ball with 13 seconds left lost them the game. And playing that horrible defense letting Kelce run free was bad too.
Didn't they squib it yesterday? And the result?
[Reply]
Page 83 of 112
« First < 33737980818283 8485868793 > Last »
Up