ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 83 of 103
« First < 33737980818283 8485868793 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Mecole Hardman Thread*****
Dante84 06:56 PM 04-26-2019

THE CALL. ��

Mecole Hardman ➡ #ChiefsKingdom pic.twitter.com/R6I0fBkXkS

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 27, 2019

New @Chiefs WR Mecole Hardman’s PFF Draft Guide page.

You can find this and more than 600 others like this at https://t.co/N7X24Lr6At, use promo code “DRAFT19” for 25% off an Edge or Elite subscription.#ChiefsKingdom pic.twitter.com/ZklhqRhmff

— PFF KC Chiefs (@PFF_Chiefs) April 27, 2019

[Reply]
MIAdragon 12:14 PM 09-12-2022
Don’t worry he just needs time to breakout. Next year is his year!!1ONE!
[Reply]
ToxSocks 12:37 PM 09-12-2022
Hardman is simply not a good deep ball tracker. He's not great at getting his body into position.

Kinda reminds me of playing catch with my son. "Don't slow down, speed up!"

Same problem all us normies have when tossing the ball around. When you shift focus to the ball you have the tendency to slow down.

For the past two years people been saying, "Routes". Routes aint his issue dudes, never has been. He's just not a natural pass catcher.

He's a small catch radius guy. If he can track the ball in front of him, and it comes straight at him, he's good.

If the ball is over his head or he has to adjust....he's just not very good at it.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:40 PM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
No.

Fort son was running near all out on a collision course with Hardman (and just as obviously Fortson was running the wrong route), and basic physics is quite clear on the matter of how energy is transferred and absorbed when two different size bodies collide.

And correct me if I’m wrong but it’s just week 1. Sacrificing your health for what would be an insignificant score in the first game of the season would be dumber than dog shit, right?

I mean we just had an argument about whether pat should run a QB sneak in a preseason game (or ever), so why on Gods zGreen Earth would we want our most experienced WR to launch himself headfirst into one of our most promising new TEs? Just recently returned from a season-ending injury?

Are we really advocating Browns-level stupidity from our most experienced players?
You must be new here. Welcome to CP!
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:53 PM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I don't really care at this point. It would have been a meaningless play in a blowout, but these are NFL players with elite body control. Fortson would not have hurt Hardman there had he leapt for it.
Lol, oh now we just know 100% certain, do we? Got the lotto numbers as well?

And let's say you're right and Hardman doesn't get injured. Can you be 100% certain Fortson doesn't get injured? After all, if Hardman dives after taht ball, his momentum is going to necessarily carry hi headfirst at Fortson's lower body/knees. Didn't Fortson injure his lower body last season? Thought I remember seeing that . . .

Seriously, I thought it showed some veteran awareness that Hardman didn't try to launch himself after that ball. He didn't risk injury to himself or his teammates just to increase his stat line or trying to make the unwashed fan-mob happy. Good for him.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:56 PM 09-12-2022
Lol, oh now we just know 100% certain, do we? Got the lotto numbers as well?

And let's say you're right and Hardman doesn't get injured. Can you be 100% certain Fortson doesn't get injured? After all, if Hardman dives after taht ball, his momentum is going to necessarily carry hi headfirst at Fortson's lower body/knees. Didn't Fortson injure his lower body last season? Thought I remember seeing that . . .

Seriously, I thought it showed some veteran awareness that Hardman didn't try to launch himself after that ball. He didn't risk injury to himself or his teammates just to increase his stat line or trying to make the unwashed fan-mob happy. Good for him.
Are you serious? Look at the still. IT WAS 0-0 IN THE 1ST QUARTER. You dive for that fucking ball 100 times out of 100.

"Oh oh he might have hurt himself". So the fuck what? That's football. When you've got the chance to dive and make a huge play that could have potentially been a TD in a tie ball game, you fucking do it.
[Reply]
BWillie 02:01 PM 09-12-2022
Are you serious? Look at the still. IT WAS 0-0 IN THE 1ST QUARTER. You dive for that ****ing ball 100 times out of 100.

"Oh oh he might have hurt himself". So the **** what? That's football. When you've got the chance to dive and make a huge play that could have potentially been a TD in a tie ball game, you ****ing do it.

[Reply]
penguinz 02:02 PM 09-12-2022
Are you serious? Look at the still. IT WAS 0-0 IN THE 1ST QUARTER. You dive for that fucking ball 100 times out of 100.

"Oh oh he might have hurt himself". So the fuck what? That's football. When you've got the chance to dive and make a huge play that could have potentially been a TD in a tie ball game, you fucking do it.
You just argued why it would have been stupid for him to lay out for it.

First drive in the first quarter of the first game of the season.

A game that KC was expected to win. No reason to risk injury in that situation.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:09 PM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by penguinz:
You just argued why it would have been stupid for him to lay out for it.

First drive in the first quarter of the first game of the season.

A game that KC was expected to win. No reason to risk injury in that situation.
That's pussy shit.

You're operating 100% on hindsight. We smashed them and you know it so you don't think it's a big deal.

Imagine advocating for your WR3 gadget guy to not dive for a potential TD pass in a tie ball game..

There are times when I'll let business decisions ride and this is not one of them.
[Reply]
penguinz 02:10 PM 09-12-2022
That's pussy shit.

You're operating 100% on hindsight. We smashed them and you know it so you don't think it's a big deal.

Imagine advocating for your WR3 gadget guy to not dive for a potential TD pass in a tie ball game..

There are times when I'll let business decisions ride and this is not one of them.
Good for you the greatest keyboard athlete of our time.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:11 PM 09-12-2022

Lo, No.

You don't risk a major possibly season-ending injury in the first quarter of the first game of the season.

Vets never do that; just look at Kelce for the last 3 years or so. Heck, look at him in this game. when he caught the ball in the open field most if not every time he tried to lean forward, but he didn't take any unnecessary risks to get extra yards. He simply went to the ground and protected himself. In the playoffs Kelce plays a much more aggressive game, but not in the regular season, and certainly not in the first game. We never saw Kelce or JJSS try to pull off some splashy stunt just to catch a ball or get a couple extra yards yesterday.

Hell, look at any sport; basketball, hockey, baseball, whatever. smart veterans don't go balls to the wall in week 1. They save it and themselves because everyone, except rooks, knows that it's a long season and the smart play is to save the heroics for the postseason, or in a game to get into the postseason.

Also, let's consider the fact that a great QB would throw that ball slightly behind his receiver in that spot to give his guy a chance to protect himself from the collision/hit, not lead him headfirst into a hard collision. And Mahomes is one of the best in the league at throwing accurately in those situations so that his receivers can protect themselves. Pretty sure that's part of what Mahomes was referring to when he said he owed Hardman a better throw.

Bottom line, it wasn't the best pass in that situation, and it would've been a pretty risky play if Mecole dove after it there.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:14 PM 09-12-2022
I'm looking at these stills and there is no way I'm seeing what you guys are seeing..

I'm not asking Hardman to dive for a catch with a safety lurking in the area. It's another one of our guys in the area. Look at Fortson, he sees Hardman! He would 100% pull up and avoid a collision if Hardman dove- and I'm not even sure a diving Hardman would carry into Fortson based on the angles.

We saw this one here and then the long ball later on that Hardman didn't lay out for either. It's a thing with him and he should look to change it because he's in a contract year.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:17 PM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
With mecole and mvs you just wait for the mistake to happen. I’ll roll the dice with MVS if the two. I don’t know how long the chiefs will want to have them featured at the same time.

Can only hope that mvs wins that battle. Skyy Moore eases his way into replacing hardman. Hardman becomes a drob or gadget option.
What mistake? Fumbles? We already had a guy make that mistake. Twice.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:17 PM 09-12-2022
Nah.

[Reply]
penguinz 02:17 PM 09-12-2022
I'm looking at these stills and there is no way I'm seeing what you guys are seeing..

I'm not asking Hardman to dive for a catch with a safety lurking in the area. It's another one of our guys in the area. Look at Fortson, he sees Hardman! He would 100% pull up and avoid a collision if Hardman dove- and I'm not even sure a diving Hardman would carry into Fortson based on the angles.

We saw this one here and then the long ball later on that Hardman didn't lay out for either. It's a thing with him and he should look to change it because he's in a contract year.
Looking at stills for a game played at full speed is like looking at a picture of alexandra daddario wearing a parka and claiming she is flat chested.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:18 PM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by penguinz:
Good for you the greatest keyboard athlete of our time.
I've read your posts in the fitness thread, bro, you are held together by fucking duct tape and sheer force of will lol

How do you feel about the fact that you've got more gumption than our WR3 who's making $4m this year and fighting for a roster spot next year?

Lo, No.

You don't risk a major possibly season-ending injury in the first quarter of the first game of the season..
I'm gonna stop you there. Your risk assessment skills need a tune-up, because there was little risk involved in this play. He's probably more likely to tear his ACL running a random route than he was to experience any significant injury diving for this pass.
[Reply]
Page 83 of 103
« First < 33737980818283 8485868793 > Last »
Up