ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 83 of 140
« First < 33737980818283 8485868793133 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark to KC!
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:30 AM 04-23-2019

Sources: The #Seahawks and #Chiefs are deep in talks on a trade to send star Frank Clark to KC. The compensation would include a 1st rounder, a 2020 2nd rounder and a swap of mid-rounders. To complete it, the franchise tagged player and Chiefs must hammer out a deal.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2019

[Reply]
petegz28 07:09 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Ive sen some shit arguments before but a guy with the exact same number as Mack to start their careers, playing as a DE no less, who has missed 2 games in his life and put up good numbers when "hurt", has health issues?
Dude I swear some people on here are never happy about anything. We get a stud, edge rusher who is all of 26 and all people can do is cry about stupid things like how much he is getting paid.

We were going to pay Ford if he stayed. Why not pay this guy?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:10 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Rausch:
I don’t have any problem with his play. I don’t like adding another possible problem child off the field.
I don't either. It's a concern.

I'm going to assume we did our due diligence.
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:10 PM 04-23-2019
I don’t have any problem with his play. I don’t like adding another possible problem child off the field.
You are allowed that concern but he has 4 years with a spotless record and for some odd reason I think they looked into this heavily.
[Reply]
notorious 07:10 PM 04-23-2019
That's fucking shitload of cap money gone.

This guy better be Bruce fucking Smith.
[Reply]
Sannyasi 07:11 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Well, my goodness, if he racked up 13 sacks at 60%, what might he do at 100%?

Are you very familiar with football? See, most guys play with nagging injuries all the time.

Clark plays every week. With very few exceptions. And if you look at his 2018 highlight reel, then his 60% is pretty fucking astounding.

compare with Ford's....uh...attendance record.

The guy's a beast. It's been posted and reposted, sacks, hurries, QB hits over the last three seasons, and he's neck and neck with Mack.

You can argue you think it was too much to give up, but arguing anything else just makes you look stupid.
I'm not saying he's a bad player or the injury risk is too high. I'm saying the injury risk coupled with the draft compensation and the contract we are going to give him makes the risk incommensurate with what we had to give up. You have to weigh all of the factors when you are evaluating a deal like this.

I'm willing to change my mind as I learn more about the player but as someone who just woke up to hear this news I honestly think it sounds like a lot to give up.
[Reply]
Eleazar 07:11 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
Question:

When does "next year" become "this draft" and we actually go in with a full deck and do something resembling competent work?
———->
[Reply]
petegz28 07:11 PM 04-23-2019
Anyone who says a guy who missed 2 games in 2 seasons has health issues is a fucking idiot!
[Reply]
Rausch 07:11 PM 04-23-2019
Raush if you look at where we improved in the 3rd this year and the 2nd next year, we basically gave up a 2nd and 3rd round pick for Clark. Is that too much?

In a nutshell we gave up a 2nd and a 3rd and turned a low 3rd into a middle 3rd rounder and a likley very late second into a middle second rounder.
Wait. All I saw was us giving up a 1 and low 2.

What did we get back?
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:12 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
Question:

When does "next year" become "this draft" and we actually go in with a full deck and do something resembling competent work?
Goddamn you are stupid. Clark counts towards "this years draft" and we gave up 1 pick in this draft to get him.

You are amazingly fucking stupid.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 07:13 PM 04-23-2019

What did we get back?
Hawks and Chiefs swapped 3rd rounders this year.
Chiefs get #84, Hawks get #92
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:14 PM 04-23-2019

What did we get back?
We traded 3rd rounders with them which bumped us 8 spots in the 3rd round.

We keep our highest second rounder next year (we have one from SF which will likely be higher) so if we pick in the back end of the draft again next year which is likely they get that pick which is basically a 3rd. Even if SF kills it and picks late its still damn near 3rd rounder.

Every pick moved has been at the bottom of the round and everything we kept is higher in the round.
[Reply]
petegz28 07:14 PM 04-23-2019

What did we get back?
A low 1 and we got back a stud edge rusher who actually plays most games and can stop the run
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 07:15 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
———->

Amazing. I didn't think you could triple down on dumbass, but yet, here you are!
[Reply]
Rausch 07:15 PM 04-23-2019
You are allowed that concern but he has 4 years with a spotless record and for some odd reason I think they looked into this heavily.
Also keep in mind that Seattle wanted to dump this young talent in his prime...
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:15 PM 04-23-2019
Also keep in mind that Seattle wanted to dump this young talent in his prime...
Don't think 'wanted' is the word I'd use.
[Reply]
Page 83 of 140
« First < 33737980818283 8485868793133 > Last »
Up