« First < 33737980818283 8485868793133 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Dorsey gone?
bdj23 02:12 PM 06-22-2017
Per 610.

The ****?
[Reply]
penbrook 12:21 PM 06-23-2017
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
It sounds like it WAS about money if RunKC is correct, and Maclin, plus Dorsey asking for the moon, was the last straw.

So, **** Clark, basically.
This isn't about fucking money!! Clark has hired Pioli to a large contract and now just gave Reid a 5 year extension. This is never about money. It's about Dorsey's inability to mange the cap and contracts.
[Reply]
kgrund 12:23 PM 06-23-2017
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Shows Dorsey was over his head as a GM. Which was kind of obvious when it came to free agency, trades, and contract extensions. Contracts and PR are huge parts of the job. His best position would be as a Personal Director.
I know you are not a Dorsey fan given all that you have posted and I agree that aspects of his job were not good. However, the #1 job of a GM is to get the groceries. Dorsey's player acquisitions, as evidenced by our roster, is proof that we was very good at the most important thing. The other aspects of the job (contract negotiations (remember Denny Thum), and PR) could have been handled by reassignment or other means. Bottom line is if you are acquiring talent fairly regularly, you have to keep a guy like that around.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 12:30 PM 06-23-2017
Originally Posted by kgrund:
I know you are not a Dorsey fan given all that you have posted and I agree that aspects of his job were not good. However, the #1 job of a GM is to get the groceries. Dorsey's player acquisitions, as evidenced by our roster, is proof that we was very good at the most important thing. The other aspects of the job (contract negotiations (remember Denny Thum), and PR) could have been handled by reassignment or other means. Bottom line is if you are acquiring talent fairly regularly, you have to keep a guy like that around.
His drafts aren't exactly the greatest either. The talent on this roster is overrated. Mostly it's an outstanding job by Andy Reid coaching them up.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:33 PM 06-23-2017
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I could be wrong--but to me it seems like Clark is big on having the right image, treating players well and being 'professional'...

Dorsey, on the other hand, had become a bit ruthless and purely focused on what's best for the team.

That's a tough line to walk, but as a fan, the Dorsey approach was nice.
Dorsey is a bulldog.

Clark wants an luxury automobile dealer.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:34 PM 06-23-2017
His drafts aren't exactly the greatest either.The talent on this roster is overrated. Mostly it's an outstanding job by Andy Reid coaching them up.
:-)

Fucking retarded. You want to bitch about the other shit, fine. But this is absurd and moronic.
[Reply]
penbrook 12:36 PM 06-23-2017
A director of player personnel and scouts are the ones who identify talent. Dorsey's job is to sign them to contracts and look for free agents. Yes he makes the decisions but his scouts are the ones that identify the talent
[Reply]
Marcellus 12:38 PM 06-23-2017
The most plausible theory seems to be that Reid forced him out. He made Clark choose.
Well at least we can rule this completely out now.
[Reply]
KCrockaholic 12:38 PM 06-23-2017
Dorsey is a bulldog.

Clark wants an luxury automobile dealer.
Clark wants another Carl.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 12:38 PM 06-23-2017
Originally Posted by staylor26:

****ing retarded. You want to bitch about the other shit, fine. But this is absurd and moronic.
They aren't that great you fucking homer.
[Reply]
kgrund 12:38 PM 06-23-2017
His drafts aren't exactly the greatest either. The talent on this roster is overrated. Mostly it's an outstanding job by Andy Reid coaching them up.
So NFL insiders who have quoted NFL personnel saying this are either providing fake news or the NFL personnel guys do not know what they are talking about? If you have a keener eye for talent than NFL personnel guys may I suggest you send in your application.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:39 PM 06-23-2017
It sounds like it WAS about money if RunKC is correct, and Maclin, plus Dorsey asking for the moon, was the last straw.

So, fuck Clark, basically.
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 12:40 PM 06-23-2017
Originally Posted by kgrund:
So NFL insiders who have quoted NFL personnel saying this are either providing fake news or the NFL personnel guys do not know what they are talking about? If you have a keener eye for talent than NFL personnel guys may I suggest you send in your application.
You are in over your head ,dude.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:41 PM 06-23-2017
Originally Posted by KCrockaholic:
Clark wants another Carl.
He wants Pioli without the backroom bullshit and general fuckery.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:42 PM 06-23-2017
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Well at least we can rule this completely out now.
Yep. That's at least making this situation somewhat palatable.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:43 PM 06-23-2017
They aren't that great you ****ing homer.
You're unbelievably ****ing ignorant if you believe that

One of the most stupid takes I've seen on CP. Honestly, who's drafted better the past couple years?
[Reply]
Page 83 of 137
« First < 33737980818283 8485868793133 > Last »
Up