ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 820 of 3903
« First < 320720770810816817818819820 82182282382483087092013201820 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
SAUTO 11:44 AM 03-27-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Think this was posted already, but just heard a podcast that quoted a bunch of doctors stating taking Ibuprofen/Advil absolutely makes this virus deadly.

It accelerates it into pnuemonia.

DON'T TAKE IBUPROFEN

that wasnt posted yesterday you dumb fuck. tweets have dates on them

here's one that is more recent https://www.wired.com/story/the-ibup...vid-19-rumors/

EDIT: you sure edited that quickly.
[Reply]
Monticore 11:45 AM 03-27-2020
Originally Posted by SupDock:
Most doctors that I know are not "liberally" prescribing it. I will echo Pete's sentiment. No one is saying they aren't allowed to do it, they are saying that they generally should not be doing it.
My wife hasn’t brought any home and we have a defibrillator, epi pens , narcan, tami flu for days, and we have zero people at risk in our extended family, so if she thought it would help my cupboards would be full of it.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:46 AM 03-27-2020
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
that wasnt posted yesterday you dumb fuck. tweets have dates on them

here's one that is more recent https://www.wired.com/story/the-ibup...vid-19-rumors/
Excellent, thank you.

Must read info.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 11:48 AM 03-27-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

Can't just bypass clinical trials before you put it into wholesale use. Not for a disease that's killing 1-2% of people it infects and those deaths are heavily weighted within a very constrained demographic.
For once I actually agree with something you post. Nice username btw.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:50 AM 03-27-2020
Think this was posted already, but just heard a podcast that quoted a bunch of doctors stating taking Ibuprofen/Advil absolutely makes this virus deadly.

DON'T TAKE IBUPROFEN

This seems like something my uncle would post on Facebook.

What's the science behind Advil "kickstarting" a virus into pneumonia?
[Reply]
DaFace 11:51 AM 03-27-2020

DON'T TAKE IBUPROFEN

Pretty sure this was debunked.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:52 AM 03-27-2020
Maybe I should watch the videos. I guess they're speculating that the anti-inflammatory properties may exacerbate the issue.. Hmm.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:52 AM 03-27-2020
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Only if your Uncle is Dr. Keith Armitage, Medical Director, UH Roe Green Center for Travel Medicine & Global Health.

Stop taking Ibuprofen or Advil.
[Reply]
Monticore 11:53 AM 03-27-2020
Maybe I should watch the videos. I guess they're speculating that the anti-inflammatory properties may exacerbate the issue.. Hmm.
But HCQ has a a anti-inflammatory properties.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:54 AM 03-27-2020

⚠️ #COVIDー19 | La prise d'anti-inflammatoires (ibuprofène, cortisone, ...) pourrait être un facteur d'aggravation de l’infection. En cas de fièvre, prenez du paracétamol.
Si vous êtes déjà sous anti-inflammatoires ou en cas de doute, demandez conseil à votre médecin.

— Olivier Véran (@olivierveran) March 14, 2020

Taking anti-inflammatory drugs (ibuprofen, cortisone, ...) could be an aggravating factor of the infection. If you have a fever, take paracetamol.
If you are already on anti-inflammatory drugs or in doubt, ask your doctor for advice.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 11:54 AM 03-27-2020

What's the science behind Advil "kickstarting" a virus into pneumonia?
From Sauto's Wired article linked above:

Originally Posted by :
The trouble over ibuprofen began March 11, when researchers at University Hospital Basel, in Switzerland, and Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, in Greece, published a letter in The Lancet Respiratory Medicine. The letter reviewed three early sets of case reports from China, covering almost 1,300 patients gravely ill with Covid-19. The letter’s authors observed that significant numbers of those patients had high blood pressure and diabetes, from 12 percent to 30 percent depending on the study, and theorized that higher rates of expression of a particular enzyme, known for short as ACE2, might be raising the risk of coronavirus infection.

ACE2 provides a place on cell surfaces for the coronavirus to attach and enter in order to replicate. High blood pressure and diabetes are treated with drugs that suppress inflammation, called ACE inhibitors; the inhibitors, paradoxically, cause ACE2 to rise. That interaction is where the authors spotted a possible connection between patients experiencing chronic diseases and then becoming infected with Covid-19.

And that’s where ibuprofen entered the unfolding story, too. The over-the-counter drug doesn’t only knock down fever. It also reduces inflammation (the class of drugs it belongs to are known as NSAIDs, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs). That effect, as with the anti-inflammatory drugs given to chronic disease patients, can cause ACE2 to rise.

[Reply]
DaFace 11:55 AM 03-27-2020

Taking anti-inflammatory drugs (ibuprofen, cortisone, ...) could be an aggravating factor of the infection. If you have a fever, take paracetamol.
If you are already on anti-inflammatory drugs or in doubt, ask your doctor for advice.
Stop posting debunked information from two weeks ago. :-)
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:56 AM 03-27-2020
Sorry, I hadn't seen any of this.

But it does seem like you should stop taking Ibuprofen.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 11:56 AM 03-27-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
But HCQ has a a anti-inflammatory properties.
even the medical doctors on here don't know anything about this yet. The greatest minds in the world are collectively working on this and we still don't have definitive answers.

Stay home and wait for more info, I guess. It's gonna take awhile.
[Reply]
DaFace 11:57 AM 03-27-2020
Sorry, I hadn't seen any of this.

But it does seem like you should stop taking Ibuprofen.

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
That's a false myth spread on the internet, which apparently came from France during the early days of the virus.

Motrin/Ibuprofen is completely safe to take if you have or think you have the virus.

Here's a link:

https://www.sciencealert.com/who-rec...id-19-symptoms

[Reply]
Page 820 of 3903
« First < 320720770810816817818819820 82182282382483087092013201820 > Last »
Up