ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 82 of 181
« First < 32727879808182 8384858692132 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The 2018 NFL Draft Thread**** (No Spoilers)
Dante84 04:15 PM 04-25-2018
Let's ****ing do this.

Last year was a one-of-a-kind, so let's hope the luck carries over to this year, with Brett Veach at the helm for the first time.

Rules:
1. No spoiled picks in this thread, all weekend. This means that as tweets are leaking picks a few minutes before the selection is announced live, you don't post it in this thread (ex: embedded tweets), reference it in this thread (ex: Joe Slapdick says it's McCaffrey to Tampa) or hint at it (ex: "it's a RB!").

Don't be a dick.

Otherwise, have fun, talk shit, freak out and lose your goddamned minds. It's Draft Weekend. The hot takes in these threads are so funny.

I'll also be starting threads for each of our picks as they are made, with videos and notable stats/takes in the OP. Pure knee jerk gold to reference in the future.

*Note: For 2017 hilariousness, view that thread here.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:04 AM 04-27-2018
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
On hiatus. Changing some things in my life. Can't guarantee that I'm actually back for good but a few of the enablers here got me talked into saying something about the draft.
Well if I don’t see you again......just know that I miss your input on shit.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:04 AM 04-27-2018
I do have one hot take that I formulated about the draft, after lurking for the past couple of weeks.

I keep seeing people talking about blocking TE's. I even saw someone comment that all these TE's the Chiefs are signing "don't look like what the Chiefs want at TE".

When a team already has a couple of WR/TE tweeners and they sign 2 or 3 more, it's pretty obvious that they're not looking for what we thought they were. LOL
[Reply]
SAUTO 10:05 AM 04-27-2018
On hiatus. Changing some things in my life. Can't guarantee that I'm actually back for good but a few of the enablers here got me talked into saying something about the draft.
Great to see you around buddy
[Reply]
ToxSocks 10:05 AM 04-27-2018
I do have one hot take that I formulated about the draft, after lurking for the past couple of weeks.

I keep seeing people talking about blocking TE's. I even saw someone comment that all these TE's the Chiefs are signing "don't look like what the Chiefs want at TE".

When a team already has a couple of WR/TE tweeners and they sign 2 or 3 more, it's pretty obvious that they're not looking for what we thought they were. LOL
Welcome back!
[Reply]
Frosty 10:19 AM 04-27-2018
Originally Posted by Shoes:
The Rashaad Penny pick along with the Steelers pick of Edmunds I thought were the two worst picks in the first round. Buffalo also gets a bad grade for trading two second rounders to move up 5 spots for Allen.
I don't think Penny was as bad a pick as some people are saying. He was a bit of a reach but the Seahawks didn't have a 2nd round pick and reportedly would have had to move too far back to trade down again. I'm reading that Penny was rising fast and probably wouldn't have lasted far into the 2nd (Denver reportedly really liked him). Also, NE took a RB right after so - :-)

As for the "Seahawks should draft O-line" dialogue, here's a quote from a Hawks fan -

Originally Posted by :
We have invested a ton in the OL at the expense of the deterioration of the rest of the roster. We will take another one or two this draft (maybe at 76) but we traded for Brown, spent a 1st on Ifedi, a 2nd on Pocic, and a 3rd on Odhiambo in the last two drafts. Plus another 2nd on Britt in ‘14, and another 3rd this year trading for Duane Brown. At some point we just need these guys to start producing rather than sinking more high value resources into it.
They have invested a ton of draft capital into these guys and it's time to produce. The Hawks got a new O-line coach (Mike Solari) and are moving to a new blocking scheme (dropping the ZBS). Plus, their pass protection went to 10th after trading for Brown, so they were already improving. Their RBs couldn't do shit even when there was adequate blocking so RB was a definite need. If Chris Carson can come back from his injury, they will have a really nice 1-2 punch now.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 10:26 AM 04-27-2018
Originally Posted by Frosty:
I don't think Penny was as bad a pick as some people are saying. .
Penny is an outstanding back. I didn't think he'd go 1st round, but only because backs are devalued. I thought of him as a 1st round talent though.

Maybe im homering it up, but the man was the entire Aztecs offense. He has size, speed, balance and production.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 10:44 AM 04-27-2018
Witten retiring. I guess that we should expect Dallas to grab a TE today.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:54 AM 04-27-2018

Giving up football?
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:11 AM 04-27-2018
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Giving up football?
Not completely, but scaled back considerably on how much I pay attention. It's a bitter-sweet pill sometimes. I missed the playoff win against Houston and since I haven't watched the draft in 2 or 3 years, I missed the Mahomes pick.

The upside is that I actually enjoyed watching football on the occasions I did. I learned to not only tolerate, but appreciate, Alex Smith for what he was and when they collapsed against the Titans, it didn't really bother me. It was just another football game.

Overall the benefits of being a casual fan far outweigh the disadvantages. I'll never be a "hardcore" fan again.
[Reply]
Shoes 11:16 AM 04-27-2018
Originally Posted by Frosty:
I don't think Penny was as bad a pick as some people are saying. He was a bit of a reach but the Seahawks didn't have a 2nd round pick and reportedly would have had to move too far back to trade down again. I'm reading that Penny was rising fast and probably wouldn't have lasted far into the 2nd (Denver reportedly really liked him). Also, NE took a RB right after so - :-)

As for the "Seahawks should draft O-line" dialogue, here's a quote from a Hawks fan -

They have invested a ton of draft capital into these guys and it's time to produce. The Hawks got a new O-line coach (Mike Solari) and are moving to a new blocking scheme (dropping the ZBS). Plus, their pass protection went to 10th after trading for Brown, so they were already improving. Their RBs couldn't do shit even when there was adequate blocking so RB was a definite need. If Chris Carson can come back from his injury, they will have a really nice 1-2 punch now.
Unless Penny outperforms running backs as Michel, Guice, Chubb, Kerryon Johnson and Ronald Jones II I still don't understand this pick. With the departures of Sherman, Graham, Richardson and Bennett, not to mention Thomas II and Chancellor rumored to be on the way out next season Seattle has a ton of needs. Josh Jackson for example seems like a perfect Richard Sherman replacement as Jackson is very familiar with the Cover 3 scheme.

Not only do I question drafting a running back, there is the question if Rashaad Penny is going to be any better than the names listed above and I'm not sure he is. Hard to predict if or how far they could have traded down but I think it's just bad value to take Penny in the 1st. It's no secret Seattle has done a terrible job drafting the past couple of seasons- I think they missed again.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 11:17 AM 04-27-2018
No way Penny was worth taking over Guice

Also :-) the Raiders choked a dick Thursday night because they lost a coin flip to the 49ers

Rumor is Reggie wanted Derwin James and Gruden+Cable wanted Kolton Miller and Gruden can overrule McKenzie. Makes it even funnier.
[Reply]
BossChief 11:47 AM 04-27-2018
Early impressions are that Gruden should have been put in the Andy Reid mold of just coaching and let the GM to his job.

Moving a 3 for Bryant? Lol
Passing on amazing defensive talent for a reach OL? Lol
Lowballing Khalil Mack? Laughable
[Reply]
Dante84 12:10 PM 04-27-2018

Just got a text that said the Chiefs really like Justin Reid and Jesse Bates. Same guy that told me about Watkins. Take that fwiw

— The Gunslingiest (@RedMamba707) April 27, 2018

[Reply]
Dante84 12:11 PM 04-27-2018
Originally Posted by Dante84:

This guy has been nails in terms of calling stuff.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:12 PM 04-27-2018
Originally Posted by Dante84:

Fuck yes. Show me Justin Reid!
[Reply]
Frosty 04-27-2018, 12:12 PM
This message has been deleted by Frosty. Reason: Too late
Page 82 of 181
« First < 32727879808182 8384858692132 > Last »
Up