Pitcher

Edit:
Matheny fired 07/14/2018

Opening Day Roster
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Marcellus 07:47 PM 05-21-2018
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
It is unlikely that Hicks is gonna be a high K guy, given that he wasn't at any level. Given his control issues, I doubt that he ever amounts to much in the pen.

Carpenter is 2-3 again tonight. Getting him right has really jump started this offseason.

O'Neill is ****ing on fire. They might have to give the Leake treatment to Fowler at this point.
I cant argue with any of this.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 08:17 PM 05-21-2018
Told y'all mothafuckas Carpenter would get straightened out.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:19 PM 05-21-2018
It is unlikely that Hicks is gonna be a high K guy, given that he wasn't at any level. Given his control issues, I doubt that he ever amounts to much in the pen.

Carpenter is 2-3 again tonight. Getting him right has really jump started this offseason.

O'Neill is fucking on fire. They might have to give the Leake treatment to Fowler at this point.
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
I cant argue with any of this.
Concur.

So Hamas, who’s the young pitcher that has trade value that we should give up to get a MOTOB? And what’s a deal going to have look like to get a team to give them up?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:25 PM 05-21-2018
Told y'all mothafuckas Carpenter would get straightened out.
and here to gladly eat my crow. :-)
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 08:27 PM 05-21-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Concur.

So Hamas, who’s the young pitcher that has trade value that we should give up to get a MOTOB? And what’s a deal going to have looke like?
The Cardinals don't need one. If Carpenter and Ozuna play to their talent level, and DeJong and Molina come back healthy and productive, this offense is loaded with guys that can hit the ball.

Hell, the bench itself would be fucking loaded. The pen is the problem.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 08:49 PM 05-21-2018
Has there been a bigger surprise in baseball this year than Mikolas?
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 09:03 PM 05-21-2018
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
Individually, no, and I was way off on him.

I am starting to wonder if there is fuckery about in Houston. How did Charlie Morton and Cole turn into Max Scherzer clones, and how did Verlander become more dominant than ever after being shit for several years?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:08 PM 05-21-2018
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
no one including Cardinals management had any higher hopes beyond getting close to being an innings eater similar to Lynn’s innings. He’s going to make the All-Star team if he keeps this up.

He and O’neil are making Mo look smart. And that takes a lot to pull off. :-)
[Reply]
O.city 09:28 PM 05-21-2018
The Cardinals don't need one. If Carpenter and Ozuna play to their talent level, and DeJong and Molina come back healthy and productive, this offense is loaded with guys that can hit the ball.

Hell, the bench itself would be ****ing loaded. The pen is the problem.
Unless they can pull in Manny and keep him at 3rd long term I’d go the route you’re suggesting
[Reply]
Rams Fan 09:47 PM 05-21-2018
Machado is the only offensive upgrade I could feasible see make feasible sense for the Cardinals.

Once/if Ozuna/Carpenter/Fowler start not performing as poorly as they have been for the majority of the season, this team will be really, really, really good.

I still don't think this season is one to compete for a WS, but next season is.
[Reply]
O.city 10:02 PM 05-21-2018
I’d trade some of the arms for machado and hope you can sign him. Some of these dudes aren’t gonna work out so move them for an every day all star while you can
[Reply]
Rams Fan 10:05 PM 05-21-2018
Originally Posted by O.city:
I’d trade some of the arms for machado and hope you can sign him. Some of these dudes aren’t gonna work out so move them for an every day all star while you can
I'm not even opposed to Machado as a rental as long as Mozeliak thinks this is the year to go all in, which, me personally, I'm not convinced it is.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:23 PM 05-21-2018
Originally Posted by O.city:
l don’t see any scenerio where Manny signs long term in St. Louis. I’d love it just don’t see how.
What scenerio do you see that he will sign here long term?
[Reply]
O.city 10:30 PM 05-21-2018
Probabpy about 400 million scenarios where he might sign in sto
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:33 PM 05-21-2018
The Cardinals don't need one. If Carpenter and Ozuna play to their talent level, and DeJong and Molina come back healthy and productive, this offense is loaded with guys that can hit the ball..
thats a heullva lot of ifs.

Where are these pitchers going to pitch? How about the outfield? I read an article on Viva la Birdos, l think, that was saying we have a ticking 40 man roster issue that explodes in 2 years. We won’t be able to protect them all and just will lose them without any compensation through rule 5.
[Reply]
Page 82 of 301
« First < 32727879808182 8384858692132182 > Last »
Up