Page 82 of 298
« First < 32727879808182 8384858692132182 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Bob Sutton
petegz28 10:12 PM 10-19-2017
That is all.
[Reply]
notorious 10:57 PM 10-14-2018
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Then go ahead and fire him. It simply isn't going to change anything.
Htis, I get where you are coming from, but this is the worst defense in history.

Decades of teams, and this is the worst.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 10:58 PM 10-14-2018
Then go ahead and fire him. It simply isn't going to change anything.
And how do you know it won't change anything?
[Reply]
notorious 10:58 PM 10-14-2018
Originally Posted by mcaj22:
Brandon Carr is still playing better defense than any current Chief
Bring him in for the love of God.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:59 PM 10-14-2018
Originally Posted by notorious:
Htis, I get where you are coming from, but this is the worst defense in history.

Decades of teams, and this is the worst.
I get that. I'm just not going to kid myself and think that it's anything more than scapegoating.

Does he deserve to get fired? Absolutely. Will it actually fix anything? No, I really don't think it will.

That's what is really depressing about it. The guy that's REALLY responsible for this is Veach and he's not going anywhere.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 10:59 PM 10-14-2018
Originally Posted by Valiant:
A coach should have a gameplan to his players strengths. Sutton does not do that. The 3 man rushes, not hiding what we are doing and lastly not coaching this react softness they have is all him.

They wont ever be elite. But they can be 20th good. Especially with the offense forcing most teams one dimensional.
I have said many times that he calls defenses based on his scheme. It does not matter what players are in the game.

It also seems like he doesn't put very much emphasis on tackling either. I know Marty was a defensive minded coach, and former DC, but he always put a huge emphasis on fundamentals. I know that is an ancient reference, but when he took over the team, he didn't have a ton of talent at linebacker, but he coached some no-name guys up, and we were a very good tackling team.

Sutton seems to coach tackling how college coaches teach free throws, which is not at all.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 11:00 PM 10-14-2018
Perhaps we need to bring in a coordinator that can pull in some talent because even if BOB is great this IS NOT working.
[Reply]
notorious 11:00 PM 10-14-2018
I get that. I'm just not going to kid myself and think that it's anything more than scapegoating.

Does he deserve to get fired? Absolutely. Will it actually fix anything? No, I really don't think it will.

That's what is really depressing about it. The guy that's REALLY responsible for this is Veach and he's not going anywhere.
I think I'm going to be sick.

If this franchise wastes Mahomes.........
[Reply]
Frazod 11:00 PM 10-14-2018
You'd think at this point that if Sutton had any self-respect left at all he'd just hang himself.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:00 PM 10-14-2018
Originally Posted by RubberSponge:
There are defenses out there that are WAY more talented than the Chiefs, with top notch defensive coordinators, that are giving up 25+ points per game.

With this team's personnel and the league's emphasis on scoring, there isn't a defensive coordinator alive that could make this unit "good".
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 11:00 PM 10-14-2018
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
6 of the top 10 defenses run a 34. Overreaction planet.
And those defenses all have fast linebackers, and they tackle.

[Reply]
Coach 11:01 PM 10-14-2018
Originally Posted by RubberSponge:
Part of the issue is the talent problem, specifically, depth.

Look, I'm a Sutton hater, and I want him gone, along with some defensive coaches. But at the same time, the players have to own up their mistakes. Ragland getting dominated at the line of scrimmage. Hitchens taking poor angles. Ron Parker should have showed everyone why he got cut by Atlanta.

The whole goddamn defense tackles like Marcus Peters does.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:01 PM 10-14-2018
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
I have said many times that he calls defenses based on his scheme. It does not matter what players are in the game.

It also seems like he doesn't put very much emphasis on tackling either. I know Marty was a defensive minded coach, and former DC, but he always put a huge emphasis on fundamentals. I know that is an ancient reference, but when he took over the team, he didn't have a ton of talent at linebacker, but he coached some no-name guys up, and we were a very good tackling team.

Sutton seems to coach tackling how college coaches teach free throws, which is not at all.

There isn't a team in the league that emphasizes tackling. Guys either tackle or they don't. It's the NFL.
[Reply]
jd1020 11:02 PM 10-14-2018
Ya the Chiefs have horrible personnel on defense but I'm fucking tired of seeing 3 man rushes on 3rd and long only to give up the first down because guess what our secondary still sucks.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:02 PM 10-14-2018
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
6 of the top 10 defenses run a 34. Overreaction planet.
List them off for me because they aren't all created equal.
[Reply]
Jimmya 11:02 PM 10-14-2018
I can't count the number of times I heard today "Wade Phillips puts his defenders in great positions year in and year out"
[Reply]
Page 82 of 298
« First < 32727879808182 8384858692132182 > Last »
Up