ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 82 of 101
« First < 32727879808182 8384858692 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Cleveland Browns (Divisional Round)
TLO 07:49 PM 01-10-2021
A little surprised, but not THAT surprised.
[Reply]
Mav 05:43 AM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
The concern, if I were a CLE fan, is that their defense couldn't slow down Ben at all in the second half of that game.

CLE allowed PIT to score TDs on 5 out of 8 possession after the first quarter. 13 plays, 89 yds. FG. 8 plays, 84 yds. 12 plays, 68 yds. PUNT. 4 plays, 76 yds. Based on how they were moving the ball and scoring, PIT should've gone for that 4th, but they punted. Otherwise, they might've scored on 6 straight possessions.

I know, CLE's Joe Woods was calling things incredibly conservatively to protect against big plays, but it didn't work anyway. PIT scored their last two TDs in 1:24 and 1:42. In fact, the Steelers first two TDs of the second half took about 7 minutes total. Add that up, and PIT scored 4 TDs in just over 10 minutes.

And PIT basically didn't even try to run the ball. So all CLE had to do was defend the pass, and they couldn't even slow PIT down.

I like CLE, but their defense is bad, Ward isn't going to be that much help, and with Garrett still not 100% they don't even have a pass rush. Patrick is going to have a field day against that defense.
Ward is a top 5 corner in the league. Of course him playing helps immensely.

It is the difference in the Chiefs scoring on every possession, as opposed to 7 out of 10. No, the secondary is not good, but having Ward over Robert Jackson is a gigantic deal.
[Reply]
Mav 05:48 AM 01-15-2021
Higgins is not a good route runner? He is probably the slowest receiver in the NFL, yet is constantly open. You do not do that by being a bad route runner. Do not listen to Cris Collinsworthless and take his shitty opinion as gospel. Higgins is a fantastic route runner, and has fantastic hands.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 06:19 AM 01-15-2021
How embarrassing that he even plays
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 07:05 AM 01-15-2021
As good a DC as Woods is, does he have the horses to slow down this offense? Seems unlikely.
[Reply]
Mav 07:10 AM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
As good a DC as Woods is, does he have the horses to slow down this offense? Seems unlikely.
No. He does not. If you look at how they constructed the defense this year, it was clear that the offense and seeing what they had in Mayfield was the priority.

Goodson-1 year deal
Karl Joseph- 1 year deal
Sendejo-1 year deal
Kevin Johnson- 1 year deal
Mj Stewart-1 year deal

that was as plain as day with the way they drafted that it was about the offense, and the way they spent free agent dollars that it was about the offense. So many browns fans have been calling for Joe Woods job, which is ridiculous to me. I have to believe the idea is to make you guys have long drives, just not give up anything quick and long. Shorten the game up. I am not saying that you have to keep Mahomes off the field. I think actually it might be the opposite. When he is on the field make sure drives are taking 5, 6 minutes. Not one play 70 yards.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 07:15 AM 01-15-2021
Is anyone else sick of the "Browns are similar to the Raiders" narrative? How are they similar? Offensive line i guess? Only having one capable pass rusher? I guess sort of the run game but the raiders really didnt execute like last year in the run. The raiders have way more speed on the outside, Tight ends are really nothing alike. I dont get the narrative at all. The raiders didnt beat the Chiefs because of anything they have thats similar to the browns other than a middle of the pack white qb who has enough of a chip on his shoulder to ball out 2-3 game a year.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 07:24 AM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
Is anyone else sick of the "Browns are similar to the Raiders" narrative? How are they similar? Offensive line i guess? Only having one capable pass rusher? I guess sort of the run game but the raiders really didnt execute like last year in the run. The raiders have way more speed on the outside, Tight ends are really nothing alike. I dont get the narrative at all. The raiders didnt beat the Chiefs because of anything they have thats similar to the browns other than a middle of the pack white qb who has enough of a chip on his shoulder to ball out 2-3 game a year.
It’s purely offensive line, the running game, and the QBs feel similar is some ways.

But Cleveland lacks the receivers that the Raiders have to stress the secondary. And Gruden’s primary driving focus these last few years has been building the roster to beat Kansas City. It’s far from apples to apples.
[Reply]
Mav 07:24 AM 01-15-2021
I had not heard that. I would guess that it is the only team to legitimately beat the Chiefs and they are trying to come up with reasons that the game should be close. In all honesty, I would not take anything on the Raiders over the Browns outside of Darren Waller. I think their roster is suspect, their qb folds like a cheap tent, and their star running back busted his head wide open following their last game and got a DUI. Maybe thats just the Raider hater in me.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 07:36 AM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by Mav:
I had not heard that. I would guess that it is the only team to legitimately beat the Chiefs and they are trying to come up with reasons that the game should be close. In all honesty, I would not take anything on the Raiders over the Browns outside of Darren Waller. I think their roster is suspect, their qb folds like a cheap tent, and their star running back busted his head wide open following their last game and got a DUI. Maybe thats just the Raider hater in me.
If i were the browns i'd take waller and ruggs. Outside of that i just dont see the similarities. It's been mentioned on a few Chiefs sights, i believe the Geoff Schwartz pod, and Arrowhead pride podcast. Outside of the line, i just dont see any similarity. I'm not familiar enough with clevlands D to draw good comparisons there, but the raiders didnt beat KC, or any one because of their D.
[Reply]
Mav 07:40 AM 01-15-2021
If i were the browns i'd take waller and ruggs. Outside of that i just dont see the similarities. It's been mentioned on a few Chiefs sights, i believe the Geoff Schwartz pod, and Arrowhead pride podcast. Outside of the line, i just dont see any similarity. I'm not familiar enough with clevlands D to draw good comparisons there, but the raiders didnt beat KC, or any one because of their D.
I see Ruggs as such a Raiders pick. All based on speed. Just like this year, Waddle in some mocks is being suggested over Smith. Which in itself blows my mind. I guess you could say the lines are similar. But the Browns line is so good its hard to compare. As for the defenses. The Browns defense outside of Ronnie Harrison, Ward, Myles Garrett and Sheldon Richardson is comically bad. I do not know enough about the Raiders personnel to form an honest opinion.
[Reply]
Dartgod 07:55 AM 01-15-2021
Nobody has legitimately beat the Chiefs this year. The Raiders were gifted that win by some horrendous officiating.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 07:56 AM 01-15-2021
I see Ruggs as such a Raiders pick. All based on speed. Just like this year, Waddle in some mocks is being suggested over Smith. Which in itself blows my mind. I guess you could say the lines are similar. But the Browns line is so good its hard to compare. As for the defenses. The Browns defense outside of Ronnie Harrison, Ward, Myles Garrett and Sheldon Richardson is comically bad. I do not know enough about the Raiders personnel to form an honest opinion.
It's hard to tell this early with Ruggs but he definitely showed signs of being more than just speed.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 08:00 AM 01-15-2021
I was going to put all of the reasons why I have a bad feeling about this game.

However, I just have an uneasy feeling about the game. Not robots, people. Motivated people. Injured people.

The Chiefs haven't looked like the 2018/2019 Chiefs lately. Is the league catching up? Are the Chiefs slowing down? Or am I just a pessimist?
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 08:02 AM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by crayzkirk:

However, I just have an uneasy feeling about the game. Not robots, people. Motivated people. Injured people.

The Chiefs haven't looked like the 2018/2019 Chiefs lately. Is the league catching up? Are the Chiefs slowing down? Or am I just a pessimist?
Take a deep breath, step away from that ledge.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 08:13 AM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by crayzkirk:

Calm down.

You’ll feel better when we’re taking about plans for hosting the AFC Title Game (yet again) on Monday.
[Reply]
Page 82 of 101
« First < 32727879808182 8384858692 > Last »
Up