ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 82 of 103
« First < 32727879808182 8384858692 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official 2018 Missouri Tigers Football Thread****
'Hamas' Jenkins 05:36 PM 07-30-2018
The beginning of the 2018 season is a little under five weeks away. Missouri enters the year projected to finish 4th in the East, and may be a borderline Top 25 team according to some projection systems. After a disappointing recruiting cycle last year, pressure is on Odom to restock the cupboard after the senior years of Lock and Beckner, who will go down as two of the better Tigers in history and likely first round draft picks.

Schedule:

Spoiler!

Recruiting:

Spoiler!

At this point, the class is ranked 68-69 nationally by Rivals and 24/7. Odom is going to have to rely on Pinkel's diamond-in-the-rough approach. It looks like they've pulled back considerably from Georgia, focusing more upon Texas, which is what they should have always done. Unfortunately, they've done horrific in-state, and I think that will likely end up being the nail in Odom's coffin after the 2019 season.

12/19 Update: A strong finish late in the cycle moved the class up significantly. Securing commitments from grad transfer Kelly Bryant and TCU transfer Shawn Robinson has solidified the QB position in the short and intermediate term. A class that was ranked in the 60's at the beginning of the season is now a top 20-30 class factoring in transfers.

Hamas' Crystal Ball: 8-4; 4-4 in the SEC (wins vs. Ark, Tenn, Vandy, Kentucky)
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 04:42 PM 12-04-2018
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
:-) I'm supposed to be impressed by a win where the starting QB of the other team finally got benched in the 3rd quarter from his poor play the games prior?
I don't know if you're supposed to be or not. Mizzou beat them by 21(IIRC) in their house. Not bad for a top 10 road win.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 04:44 PM 12-04-2018
Florida will be a really good program once Mullen has an actual QB ready, but they are a joke with Franks.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:49 PM 12-04-2018
Yay!!! He beat a team whose own fans cheered wildly when the starting QB was benched late in the game.

CONGLATURATION, BARRY ODOM!!! YPU ARE WINNAR!!!!!
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:53 PM 12-04-2018
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Florida will be a really good program once Mullen has an actual QB ready, but they are a joke with Franks.
Well I mean if he's ranked, that's one more game that Odom won't have any expectation of winning.

We get enough quality opponents on this schedule and BO can go 3-9 with no negative repercussions. "I mean that team's good - what do you want him to do, beat 'em?"

Shit, he evidently gets 2 freebees a year anyway. Lose to anyone ranked - afterall, he's not supposed to win those with a couple of embarrassing dick-steps thrown in along the way and he'll essentially need to be just a tick better than Kim Anderson to keep his job.

Christ I wish I could be a True Son...
[Reply]
Jerm 05:21 PM 12-04-2018

Missouri board of curators has announced a special meeting for tomorrow at 4 p.m. Source tells the Tribune this is in connection to a new contract for Barry Odom. https://t.co/FZUKs3sXSz

— Daniel Jones (@daniel_m_jones) December 4, 2018

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:30 PM 12-04-2018
Going to laugh so hard if he can't recruit Bryant to Mizzou when his only real competition is a school that has a 5 star recruit coming in.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 06:08 PM 12-04-2018
We got em
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 06:09 PM 12-04-2018
A GOOD THING HAPPENED! GOOD THINGS NEVER HAPPEN!!!
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 06:09 PM 12-04-2018
Going to laugh so hard if he can't recruit Bryant to Mizzou when his only real competition is a school that has a 5 star recruit coming in.
just stop.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 06:10 PM 12-04-2018
Props to Odom and Dooley on that one
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:11 PM 12-04-2018
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
just stop.
No. I'll stop when he actually recruits and develops his own QB and stops losing us games with bad coaching. Sorry, but Dabo Swinneys table scraps don't really count.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 06:12 PM 12-04-2018
No. I'll stop when he actually recruits and develops his own QB and stops losing us games with bad coaching. Sorry, but Dabo Swinneys table scraps don't really count.
Stop being a cunt and enjoy the good news
[Reply]
KChiefs1 06:14 PM 12-04-2018
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
I'm predicting it'll be Auburn.

Thank you!
[Reply]
BryanBusby 06:15 PM 12-04-2018
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Thank you!
It's always the opposite. The Auburn bagmen must be tired of Gus.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 06:17 PM 12-04-2018
Missouri has landed a commitment from the nation's most highly coveted graduate transfer in former Clemson quarterback Kelly Bryant, he announced on Tuesday.

With Drew Lock's final game in a Missouri uniform set for the Liberty Bowl on December 31st, the Tigers have now found a highly-skilled and experienced replacement to step in and lead the offense in 2019.

Bryant took his official visit to Missouri during the weekend of October 27th when the Tigers hosted Kentucky. He also entertained a high-level of interest from other SEC schools including Arkansas, Auburn, and Mississippi State as well as North Carolina from the ACC. Barry Odom and Derek Dooley had an in-home visit with Bryant on Monday and sold him on their program.

After starting the first four games of the season for the Tigers, Bryant was demoted from his starting spot in favor of freshman Trevor Lawrence then announced his intentions to redshirt for the remainder of the season and transfer.

Bryant had an overall record of 16-2 as a starter at Clemson. Last season, he helped guide the Tigers to a 12-2 record and an appearance in the College Football Playoff semifinals while throwing for 2,802 yards with 13 touchdowns and eight interceptions. Bryant also rushed 665 yards and 11 touchdowns.

His career numbers include 3,333 passing yards with 16 touchdowns and ten interceptions to go along with 987 yards and 16 touchdowns rushing.

As a graduate transfer, Bryant intends to enroll at Missouri for the spring semester and will be eligible to play immediately.
[Reply]
Page 82 of 103
« First < 32727879808182 8384858692 > Last »
Up