ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 82 of 173
« First < 32727879808182 8384858692132 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Motorcycle Discussion Thread
Dayze 11:41 AM 06-07-2013
I figure there are some motorcycle guys/gals on CP, so I thought we could have a place to talk all things Motorcycles.

Tire Mount and Balance Prices (as of 10/29/16)

Prices based on if you remove the wheels yourself and bring the wheels and new tires with you:

Cycle Gear - $35 per wheel if you buy tires from them. $58 per wheel if you buy tires elsewhere
Rawhide - $65 per wheel (assuming it would be the same at other HD dealers. they book it at 1/2 hr per wheel)
C R Cycle Tires (DeSoto) - $30 per wheel

Cheapest I've found my Michelin Commander II's. Seem like they have good prices on other brands too.
http://www.jakewilson.com - Free 3 day shipping on orders over $75
[Reply]
Dayze 01:28 PM 08-24-2014
yes; I think Bikers For Babies is like the 2nd weekend of September.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 01:39 PM 08-24-2014
I'm going to try and make it to that this year..gog some time to line up a kid herder so I should be able to
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 09:23 PM 08-24-2014
Ok here is a little of what has been done to my bike that I just got..I will try to remember to take pictures of it this week and get them up for you guys

95 Big Bore..85 Gear Drive Cams..S&S Forged Pistons..Jims Roller Rockers..44 MM Carb..Port and Pollished Heads..Oversized Exhaust Valves..Crane Ignition..SE Air

The bike has 41000 miles on it and all the work was done at 33000..I didn't think that it was too bad..pretty much a complete engine overhaul less that 10000 miles ago..the salesman said it was serviced at their shop every 5000 miles and was taken care of..of course that is the salesman so who knows..I am very happy with it and I always take great care of my stuff..using the best oil that I can buy and filters..so hopefully I can get a few years out of it before trading it in on a new one

Here is a few pictures from the dealership so you guys can get a look at it
Attached: 110964173_4thumb_770x574.jpg (150.9 KB) 110964173_2thumb_770x574.jpg (153.7 KB) 
[Reply]
Dayze 11:32 AM 08-26-2014
Small exhaust leak at the slip ons? Also make sure the carb is re-jetted (om sure if the other stuff was done , this was as well )
[Reply]
seaofred 01:40 PM 08-26-2014
Finally got the wife talked into a new bike... Trying to decide between the 2014 Victory Cross Road or a used Harley Street Glide... Imput?
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 01:56 PM 08-26-2014
Originally Posted by seaofred:
Finally got the wife talked into a new bike... Trying to decide between the 2014 Victory Cross Road or a used Harley Street Glide... Imput?
I honestly like Victory better than Harley..they have a larger smoother running motor in my opinion..at least the ones I have rode..I love the 6 speed transmission they have..smooth and helps keep you in power when acceleration is needed and then 6th for overdrive on the highway..they are very reliable bikes and have a pretty good warranty

That being said..take each one out and test ride..you will need to find the one that suits you and your wife and what you are looking for..everyone has their own preferences to what they like and want..I love Victory but don't have a problem with Harley..hell I own a Harley
[Reply]
seaofred 08:32 PM 08-26-2014
Originally Posted by mac459:
I honestly like Victory better than Harley..they have a larger smoother running motor in my opinion..at least the ones I have rode..I love the 6 speed transmission they have..smooth and helps keep you in power when acceleration is needed and then 6th for overdrive on the highway..they are very reliable bikes and have a pretty good warranty

That being said..take each one out and test ride..you will need to find the one that suits you and your wife and what you are looking for..everyone has their own preferences to what they like and want..I love Victory but don't have a problem with Harley..hell I own a Harley
I have all but decided on the Victory, unless they will come down at least $3000 on the HD. The Victory is brand new and the HD is an 06 with 26000 miles... Right now it's only priced $4000 cheaper.
[Reply]
Dayze 08:42 PM 08-26-2014
I wouldn't hesitate buying a Victory at all. They're great bikes.

the 'only' thing I've heard is selling them is a PITA; simply because you have to find someone wanting a Victory instead of a Harley. :-)

that said, .....man, that's a tough decision. Coin flip in my book. I'd be stoked with either.
[Reply]
seaofred 08:45 PM 08-26-2014
Originally Posted by Dayze:
I wouldn't hesitate buying a Victory at all. They're great bikes.

the 'only' thing I've heard is selling them is a PITA; simply because you have to find someone wanting a Victory instead of a Harley. :-)

that said, .....man, that's a tough decision. Coin flip in my book. I'd be stoked with either.
I really am pretty stoked... Either going to get the red one or the white one... I prefer the white, but like the red too. Anything but gloss black, because I live on a short dirt road and my black Vulcan can't stay clean.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 05:58 AM 08-27-2014
No consideration for the say the Indian Chief Classic? It's comparable in many ways (lil bigger engine)... maybe a tad more expensive... but damned it is b-e-a-utiful.
[Reply]
DC.chief 09:03 AM 08-27-2014
Had my first flat tire last night. Bike started bouncing in the rear end and I thought it was just the road at first but finally got to a light and noticed it was completely flat. Got into a parking lot and waited 2 god damn hours on triple A.
[Reply]
seaofred 09:14 AM 08-27-2014
Originally Posted by Zeke:
No consideration for the say the Indian Chief Classic? It's comparable in many ways (lil bigger engine)... maybe a tad more expensive... but damned it is b-e-a-utiful.
It is a pretty bike, but I'm mainly wanting hard saddlebags and a fairing.
[Reply]
Lzen 09:44 AM 08-27-2014
Originally Posted by DC.chief:
Had my first flat tire last night. Bike started bouncing in the rear end and I thought it was just the road at first but finally got to a light and noticed it was completely flat. Got into a parking lot and waited 2 god damn hours on triple A.
Not saying it's any better as I have yet to have to call them. But I'm wondering have you ever considered getting the HOG insurance?
[Reply]
Lzen 09:45 AM 08-27-2014
Anyone watch that show Biker Battleground Phoenix? I'm kinda hooked on it. I know I can never afford those kinds of custom jobs but it is cool to see them doing the work.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 09:48 AM 08-27-2014
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Anyone watch that show Biker Battleground Phoenix? I'm kinda hooked on it. I know I can never afford those kinds of custom jobs but it is cool to see them doing the work.
Yea I likd watching it..it's cool to see how they each design their bikes..it's also funny how big of babies they can be..well a few of them are like that all the time
[Reply]
Page 82 of 173
« First < 32727879808182 8384858692132 > Last »
Up