ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 82 of 162
« First < 32727879808182 8384858692132 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>So it’s really just the Steelers [or Bills] right?
RunKC 09:41 PM 09-28-2020
I mean goddamn this conference seems wrapped up doesn’t it? Not trying to jinx us but it really seems like injuries are our biggest opponent at this point.

The Ravens are fucking frauds. They’re a warm up for us. We literally made these guys look like the JV squad the last 2 meetings.

And sure the Bills and Titans may make us work for the win, but in all honesty we have to play pretty goddamn shitty to lose to those guys.

In order to have any shot at beating us you need 3 things:

1. Elite pass rush
2. Top 10 QB capable of making critical plays
3. Overall talented roster

Steelers are the only team in the AFC that has those 3 things, and even them it’s not like they’re some serious threat like the Patriots a couple years back, but they seem like the best of the rest.

I think at this point it would be disappointing for this team to not get to the SB 3 straight times.

We’re just that good, and we keep drafting well and get better and better.
[Reply]
Otter 07:51 PM 12-07-2020
Well, that was a pleasant surprise.

Of all the longshots to go down this week I picked Arizona. Reason #324 why I rarely gamble real money.

Let's go Bills!!!
[Reply]
KC_Connection 07:53 PM 12-07-2020
The WFT win won't matter unless the Steelers lose another game (which I think they are probably about 90% likely to do considering that remaining schedule and the fact they are complete frauds).

Although it could be quite helpful in the event the Chiefs lose to the Saints. Could still get the bye with a 14-2 record that way.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 07:54 PM 12-07-2020
I’d bet the farm that they don’t beat Buffalo, Cleveland, AND Indy. They are losing at least one more there.

This is up to the Chiefs to TCOB, specifically against Miami and LA.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 07:55 PM 12-07-2020
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
The WFT win won't matter unless the Steelers lose another game (which I think they are probably about 90% likely to do considering that remaining schedule and the fact they are complete frauds).

Although it could be quite helpful in the event the Chiefs lose to the Saints. Could still get the bye with a 14-2 record that way.
Tonight was a big deal for sure, took a good bit of pressure off of the Chiefs and applied even more to Pittsburgh.
[Reply]
Otter 07:55 PM 12-07-2020
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I’d bet the farm that they don’t beat Buffalo, Cleveland, AND Indy. They are losing at least one more there.

This is up to the Chiefs to TCOB, specifically against Miami and LA.
All those teams are playin tough. This loss to the Redskins was the cherry on top hopefully.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 07:56 PM 12-07-2020
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Tonight was a big deal for sure, took a good bit of pressure off of the Chiefs and applied even more to Pittsburgh.
What I guess I should have said is it doesn't matter much in the moment (because if the season ended today, Pitt would still get the bye), but of course the season doesn't end today. I suspect after another month we may look back on this game as the difference (especially if both teams end up 14-2 or Pitt ends up at 13-3).
[Reply]
mr. tegu 08:10 PM 12-07-2020
A very possible tie breaker is common opponents which are the Broncos, Texans, Ravens, and Bills. So a loss to the Bills all but guarantees the Chiefs get the bye if they win their two AFC games. In that scenario the Chiefs would have to go 13-3 to lose the bye.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 08:12 PM 12-07-2020
https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...l-predictions/

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...f-picture.html
[Reply]
MahiMike 08:14 PM 12-07-2020
Oh man this is awesome I'm going down to the keys this week and going to the Chiefs dolphins game I can't wait!
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 08:16 PM 12-07-2020
Yanno, arguing with steelers fans has made me realize something.

Only about 25% of them know how to spell 'chief'
[Reply]
-King- 08:18 PM 12-07-2020
Yeah there's no way they don't lose at least 1 more game the rest of the season. We just take care of business and we'll get that bye.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:22 PM 12-07-2020
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
We normally agree on stuff here bro, but I have to bump this. I’m sure you’re happy to miss on this one though.
In the grand scheme of things, this doesn't mean much.

It gives us a buffer to lose one of those NFC games but we still really need them to lose to an AFC team.

Buffalo would be ideal because we win the 2nd tiebreaker in that case. I honestly think Buffalo probably beats them as long as Allen plays within himself and doesn't try to do too much.
[Reply]
ptlyon 08:22 PM 12-07-2020
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
A very possible tie breaker is common opponents which are the Broncos, Texans, Ravens, and Bills. So a loss to the Bills all but guarantees the Chiefs get the bye if they win their two AFC games. In that scenario the Chiefs would have to go 13-3 to lose the bye.
Sorry dude my thumb touched the down thumb. Unintended.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:33 PM 12-07-2020
Steelers are the 2013 Chiefs, IMO. Offense is shaped differently but like that one, was incomplete and flawed and also had a limited QB. Big Ben now is what Smith was then.

They'll lose at least 2 and maybe all 3 of Indy, Cleveland, and Buffalo, IMO.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:37 PM 12-07-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
In the grand scheme of things, this doesn't mean much.

It gives us a buffer to lose one of those NFC games but we still really need them to lose to an AFC team.

Buffalo would be ideal because we win the 2nd tiebreaker in that case. I honestly think Buffalo probably beats them as long as Allen plays within himself and doesn't try to do too much.
I’m going to disagree. This was really important.

The Steelers HAVE to beat the Bills now. They almost have no path to the one seed without winning that game.

The Chiefs have more paths to the one seed now. The Saints game is no longer a must win (if the Bills beat the Steelers). The Chiefs also can win out and get the 1 seed if the Steelers drop any remaining game.

This also practically guarantees that the Steelers won’t have the 1 seed locked up going into week 17. The Steelers won’t get an extra week of rest there.
[Reply]
Page 82 of 162
« First < 32727879808182 8384858692132 > Last »
Up