ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 815 of 3903
« First < 315715765805811812813814815 81681781881982586591513151815 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Mecca 08:09 AM 03-27-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
this could get interesting
Because allowing that is a great idea because we all know when that cat is out of the bag it isn't going back in...wanna live with that?
[Reply]
Mecca 08:10 AM 03-27-2020
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
I'm using mine to learn a new skill to make myself more viable to employers

lol j/k i'm buying a gun.
You can buy a gun and I'll buy Animal Crossing, one of us will be more entertained.
[Reply]
O.city 08:11 AM 03-27-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
The math does not add up, yet again. This is basically saying 78,000 more people need to die in the next 2 months but we will be below 10 per day by June.
This is how epidemiological models work

You can only run models based on the parameters you set
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:14 AM 03-27-2020
Originally Posted by Bwana:
Everything You Need to Know About the Payments From the Government

This is a decent breakdown of the check(s)

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/perso...BGY?li=BBnb7Kz
:-)Are the payments taxable income?
No. They won’t be considered as income.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 08:15 AM 03-27-2020
Originally Posted by oaklandhater:
china sold some shit tests

Spain, Europe's worst-hit country after Italy, says coronavirus tests it bought from China are failing to detect positive cases

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/c...20-3?r=US&IR=T
When I was 15, my dad and stepmother went out of town. As I only had a learners permit to drive at the time, my step-mom's mother would come over and would be the adult in the car so I could drive. The moment I started the car the first time we were going out to drive, she immediately got nervous and started screeching orders (BE CAREFUL, OMG!, SLOW DOWN, MAKE A FULL STOP...etc.). It was very easy to tell that she had an unhealthy fear of driving in the car, and me being a punk kid at the time made the situation worse).

At this time, I lived in farm country, so literally no traffic until you jumped on a small highway to go into town. The speed limit at the time was 60, but this lady was so paranoid, we didn't get above 45 mph...of course she really freaked out by the time we got to our small town and there was actual traffic....

In reflection, that may have been the most dangerous car ride I ever took....going 45 on a highway, getting barked at every turn, etc. was very nerve racking for me, and certainly took away my attention to what was going on around me (kind of like screaming "FIRE" in a crowded room)

My point in all of this: You seem like a good person, and I assume that you are not trolling (you may very well be)....but for me, whenever I see you post, all I hear is my step-mom's mom screeching panic and death in a situation that really calls for calm, clear heads to prevail.

This pandemic is certainly bad, but it's not the end of us all. We all are impacted, but to allow this to be in your head, and only looking at the negative aspects as some sort of doom / gloom situation is foolish. I don't put stock in anyone saving me, or that I'm any more or less susceptible to this thing as anyone else. But I'll be damned if I'm going to stress out of every bit of negative news that comes across, and you shouldn't either. Most of us realize the scope and depth of this thing, and are doing all we can to protect ourselves, our loved ones, and others around us. To constantly screech doom, gloom, and death really makes people not listen to your message. Just my $0.02
[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 08:16 AM 03-27-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
That surprises me!
[Reply]
Bwana 08:18 AM 03-27-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Yeah that was one of the most relevant points I took away from the article as well. There have been a lot of rumblings that it would be taxed.
[Reply]
Bwana 08:20 AM 03-27-2020
Originally Posted by mililo4cpa:
When I was 15, my dad and stepmother went out of town. As I only had a learners permit to drive at the time, my step-mom's mother would come over and would be the adult in the car so I could drive. The moment I started the car the first time we were going out to drive, she immediately got nervous and started screeching orders (BE CAREFUL, OMG!, SLOW DOWN, MAKE A FULL STOP...etc.). It was very easy to tell that she had an unhealthy fear of driving in the car, and me being a punk kid at the time made the situation worse).

At this time, I lived in farm country, so literally no traffic until you jumped on a small highway to go into town. The speed limit at the time was 60, but this lady was so paranoid, we didn't get above 45 mph...of course she really freaked out by the time we got to our small town and there was actual traffic....

In reflection, that may have been the most dangerous car ride I ever took....going 45 on a highway, getting barked at every turn, etc. was very nerve racking for me, and certainly took away my attention to what was going on around me (kind of like screaming "FIRE" in a crowded room)

My point in all of this: You seem like a good person, and I assume that you are not trolling (you may very well be)....but for me, whenever I see you post, all I hear is my step-mom's mom screeching panic and death in a situation that really calls for calm, clear heads to prevail.

This pandemic is certainly bad, but it's not the end of us all. We all are impacted, but to allow this to be in your head, and only looking at the negative aspects as some sort of doom / gloom situation is foolish. I don't put stock in anyone saving me, or that I'm any more or less susceptible to this thing as anyone else. But I'll be damned if I'm going to stress out of every bit of negative news that comes across, and you shouldn't either. Most of us realize the scope and depth of this thing, and are doing all we can to protect ourselves, our loved ones, and others around us. To constantly screech doom, gloom, and death really makes people not listen to your message. Just my $0.02
Excellent post :-)
[Reply]
O.city 08:28 AM 03-27-2020
https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1...03.19.997890v1

Thought hamas might find this interesting
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:28 AM 03-27-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
This is how epidemiological models work

You can only run models based on the parameters you set
Wouldn't that make the curve look more like a wall and then a cliff?
[Reply]
SupDock 08:32 AM 03-27-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1...03.19.997890v1

Thought hamas might find this interesting
I think it's interesting. It was a study in mice though, and I am guessing it would be a long time before it is available for humans. Interested in what Hamas says too
[Reply]
Mecca 08:32 AM 03-27-2020
The singer from Rammstein has this.........it is truly du hast.
[Reply]
Dartgod 08:33 AM 03-27-2020
Originally Posted by mililo4cpa:

What a rational, well thought out and relevant post. I should thread ban you.

:-)
[Reply]
Why Not? 08:35 AM 03-27-2020

Lol. This.
[Reply]
wazu 08:36 AM 03-27-2020

I love that it got a thumbs down. His stepmother's mom must have found the post.
[Reply]
Page 815 of 3903
« First < 315715765805811812813814815 81681781881982586591513151815 > Last »
Up