ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 81 of 181
« First < 31717778798081 8283848591131 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The 2018 NFL Draft Thread**** (No Spoilers)
Dante84 04:15 PM 04-25-2018
Let's ****ing do this.

Last year was a one-of-a-kind, so let's hope the luck carries over to this year, with Brett Veach at the helm for the first time.

Rules:
1. No spoiled picks in this thread, all weekend. This means that as tweets are leaking picks a few minutes before the selection is announced live, you don't post it in this thread (ex: embedded tweets), reference it in this thread (ex: Joe Slapdick says it's McCaffrey to Tampa) or hint at it (ex: "it's a RB!").

Don't be a dick.

Otherwise, have fun, talk shit, freak out and lose your goddamned minds. It's Draft Weekend. The hot takes in these threads are so funny.

I'll also be starting threads for each of our picks as they are made, with videos and notable stats/takes in the OP. Pure knee jerk gold to reference in the future.

*Note: For 2017 hilariousness, view that thread here.
[Reply]
chiefscafan 08:53 AM 04-27-2018
I’d love for us to draft Maurice hurst
[Reply]
Al Bundy 09:02 AM 04-27-2018
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
You're not getting the connection clearly.
Yes, the heart thing. Gaines died at a young age because of it.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:05 AM 04-27-2018
I'd be ok with a trade up for:

Josh Jackson, CB
Justin Reid, S
Isiah Oliver, CB
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:12 AM 04-27-2018
I'd take Davis over Jackson. He's not a fit in man at all.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:17 AM 04-27-2018
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
I'd take Davis over Jackson. He's not a fit in man at all.
I think Davis will be there at 54.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:19 AM 04-27-2018
Was Scott McCloughan the reason the Seahawks were good? Guy leaves after 2013 and they turn to shit.

Seriously what a motherfucking disaster John Schneider has been the last 3 years.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:28 AM 04-27-2018
FWIW Matt Miller’s podcast said teams are not confident in Josh Jackson’s ability to play press man coverage. Looks like he’s mostly a zone corner.

Doesn’t seem to fit us.

Also, Harold Landry is rumored to fall to late rd 2.
[Reply]
Shoes 09:38 AM 04-27-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Was Scott McCloughan the reason the Seahawks were good? Guy leaves after 2013 and they turn to shit.

Seriously what a mother****ing disaster John Schneider has been the last 3 years.
The Rashaad Penny pick along with the Steelers pick of Edmunds I thought were the two worst picks in the first round. Buffalo also gets a bad grade for trading two second rounders to move up 5 spots for Allen.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:39 AM 04-27-2018
I’m definitely taking Landry if he’s there
[Reply]
BryanBusby 09:40 AM 04-27-2018
If the medicals check out, I'd take Landry if it meant staying put.
[Reply]
Buckweath 09:49 AM 04-27-2018
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
If the medicals check out, I'd take Landry if it meant staying put.
If it's clearly BPA, go for it but I don't see OLB as a real need.

Houston is still very good, Ford is kinda an unknown but in a contract year and could be good really and Kpassagnon should get better this year and hopefully become a good player the year after.

I believe CB and DL are clearly more pressing need.

Who's that guy available who could be our second Chris Jones? I would love that.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:49 AM 04-27-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
FWIW Matt Miller’s podcast said teams are not confident in Josh Jackson’s ability to play press man coverage. Looks like he’s mostly a zone corner.
Like I said last night, I'm a huge Jackson fan and have been watching the Hawkeyes for almost 4 decades. If I were the Chiefs, I would absolutely be concerned about his ability to play press man. Not because he can't do it but because he simply hasn't had to. Iowa's defense doesn't press. It's a soft zone concept designed to put LB's in coverage and keep the ball in front of the DB's.

That being said, this is also a good reason everybody should be excited about Anthony Hitchens. :-)
[Reply]
BossChief 09:51 AM 04-27-2018
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Like I said last night, I'm a huge Jackson fan and have been watching the Hawkeyes for almost 4 decades. If I were the Chiefs, I would absolutely be concerned about his ability to play press man. Not because he can't do it but because he simply hasn't had to. Iowa's defense doesn't press. It's a soft zone concept designed to put LB's in coverage and keep the ball in front of the DB's.

That being said, this is also a good reason everybody should be excited about Anthony Hitchens. :-)
Couldn’t have said it better myself.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:58 AM 04-27-2018
Originally Posted by htismaqe:

Where in the fuck have you been?
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:01 AM 04-27-2018
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
Where in the fuck have you been?
On hiatus. Changing some things in my life. Can't guarantee that I'm actually back for good but a few of the enablers here got me talked into saying something about the draft.
[Reply]
Page 81 of 181
« First < 31717778798081 8283848591131 > Last »
Up