ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 81 of 130
« First < 31717778798081 8283848591 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Official 2017 STL Cardinals Thread
BigRedChief 08:06 PM 01-27-2017
My as well get it started. Here's my "Matheny" lineup.....

Fowler CF
Diaz SS
Carpenter 1B
Piscotty RF
Grichuk LF
Molina C
Peralta 3B
Wong 2B
Pitcher

My "Matheny" Starting rotation

Martinez
Reyes
Wainwright
Lynn
Leake
[Reply]
scho63 05:12 PM 09-06-2017
How do you die hard Cardinals fans sum up your season this year?

For me as a Pirates fan our season was almost exactly as expected minus the Starling Marte PED suspension.

-We had a weak pitching staff
-Not enough power
-No good moves in offseason

I'm going to check this thread from the beginning of the season and I think I'll be close to my win-loss prediction.

Arrieta looked like he pulled a hammy against us this week and the Brewers just faded into the toilet.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:15 PM 09-06-2017
Originally Posted by scho63:
How do you die hard Cardinals fans sum up your season this year?

For me as a Pirates fan our season was almost exactly as expected minus the Starling Marte PED suspension.

-We had a weak pitching staff
-Not enough power
-No good moves in offseason

I'm going to check this thread from the beginning of the season and I think I'll be close to my win-loss prediction.

Arrieta looked like he pulled a hammy against us this week and the Brewers just faded into the toilet.
we all had a poor outlook on the season. I'm glad we are finally transitioning to a new era with younger talent. Should have started two years ago. We could all see the team getting old and slow and the front office wasn't doing shit.
[Reply]
scho63 06:54 PM 09-07-2017
You guys beat up a beat up and broken team in my Pirates. They will win about 65-70 games at most this year. Going to be a sad year and possibly more bad years to come......
I'm going to be really close. I watched only 4 games all season. :-)
[Reply]
BigRedChief 02:25 PM 09-14-2017
I had a group of Ameren electric trucks out of St. Louis next to my house today helping repair Irma damage. It's a hot day. I invited them in to watch the Cardinals game, get some ice for the coolers and and get something cool to drink.

They like us in here thought we need to buy/trade for a MOTOB. Play the young guys and flip to the new era. They all hated Matheny too.:-)
[Reply]
bdj23 02:34 PM 09-15-2017
Glad i rushed home from work to tune into this inning.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 02:37 PM 09-15-2017
Originally Posted by BDj23:
Glad i rushed home from work to tune into this inning.
It was a great game through 5.
[Reply]
Swanman 02:50 PM 09-15-2017
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Carlos Martinez must have gone to the "Adam Wainwright School for Aces in Big Games". I was listening on the radio and sounded like he was very sharp for a few innings then pissed down his leg when the chips were down after the first time through the order.
[Reply]
jd1020 03:04 PM 09-15-2017
My favorite part was when the umpire called a pitch right down the middle for strike 3 a ball on Carlos Martinez in mid stride on his way back to the dugout which will probably lead to a suspension for Contreras. But at least it pissed the Cubs off enough to show up at the plate so there's that.
[Reply]
bdj23 03:22 PM 09-16-2017
Looks like Chicago will deal us our final death blow this weekend.

I'm sick of coming in second to this god damn team.

Mo better pull his head out of his ass this offseason.

Muh dry powder
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:54 PM 09-27-2017
Congrats to the Cubs and their fans for owning and winning the Division this year. You were obviously the better team and deserve the title.

We owned you for 100+ years. Layed the beat down on you regularly. Winning at Bush. Running around our field with the W banner. Taking the team pic on our mound.... revenge is a dish best served cold indeed. Salu!
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:06 PM 09-27-2017
Good. This team didn't deserve the postseason anyway. Sell high on Pham in the off-season puhleeeease
[Reply]
Frazod 10:09 PM 09-27-2017
Fuck those losers for letting the Cubs clinch in their house. The whole damn team can go choke on a bag of dicks, starting with Matheny.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:11 PM 09-27-2017
The season was so.pathetic nacho man became a thing. THAT is really sad.
[Reply]
jd1020 03:03 AM 09-28-2017
Congrats to the Cubs and their fans for owning and winning the Division this year. You were obviously the better team and deserve the title.

We owned you for 100+ years. Layed the beat down on you regularly. Winning at Bush. Running around our field with the W banner. Taking the team pic on our mound.... revenge is a dish best served cold indeed. Salu!
Bruh

Dont worry. I don't believe the Cubs will do shit in the playoffs. They may squeek by the Nationals but I have little confidence they beat either the Diamondbacks or Dodgers. And next year is going to be a wake up call for this team. If Wilson doesn't get his head out of his ass the Cubs wont have a closer or an ace. I feel like they have to move Schwarber to keep this train moving.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:43 AM 09-28-2017
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Good. This team didn't deserve the postseason anyway. Sell high on Pham in the off-season puhleeeease
If you can actually sell high on Pham, sure. But every other team in baseball knows about his eyes and his injury history. You're likely gonna get a 7th inning reliever with a year or two of control left for him.

He's much MUCH more valuable here than elsewhere and his attitude is absolutely perfect for this team. The problem is that we have a milquetoast, braindead asshole in the dugout that doesn't actually know how to handle personalities.

So they'll probably ship out their absolute best player (by a fair margin) for a bucket of balls because Matheny won't want to put up with him anymore.

Who cares - this team's in neutral until Bill DeWitt Sr. dies. He's the problem with this team right now. He trusts Matheny or at least values his appeal to an 'aw shucks' fanbase. So long as 3 million plus continue walking through the gates, nothing will change.

Mike Matheny will still be 'the right man to lead this team into the future' and we'll continue to languish in mediocrity because 'getting an impact bat is hard'...

Ownership is the problem right now.
[Reply]
Page 81 of 130
« First < 31717778798081 8283848591 > Last »
Up