ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 81 of 268
« First < 31717778798081 8283848591131181 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars Episode VIII SPOILERS thread
DaneMcCloud 03:28 PM 01-20-2016
For all things Episode VIII related info including spoilers.

The release date is now December 15, 2017.

The Official Synopsis from Star Wars.com

“In Lucasfilm’s Star Wars: The Last Jedi, the Skywalker saga continues as the heroes of The Force Awakens join the galactic legends in an epic adventure that unlocks age-old mysteries of the Force and shocking revelations of the past.

Star Wars: The Last Jedi opens in U.S. theaters on December 15, 2017.”

New footage in Japanese Trailer

[Reply]
The Franchise 09:56 AM 10-12-2017
So fucking hot.
[Reply]
Ragged Robin 10:55 AM 10-12-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
The entire trailer was misdirection. Many of the scenes don't line up.

It's like watching a preview for next week's episode of Mad Men, which were completely and totally worthless because of the lack of context behind the words.
The fact that you know it's misdirection makes the spoilers even worse :-) Now you go into the movie knowing that at some point, Rey convinces Kylo that she wants to join, then goes to Snoke with the idea that she'll kill him. All the build up to that that they put in the movie doesn't matter because you're already prepared for what's coming. That and now you know Kylo will be put in the same position as when he killed Han except with Leia and whether he's the one who kills her or not, she likely dies in that space battle. Huge spoilers about the plot.

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
What I can't quite gather, and I'm sure this is revealed by 'deep dive' canon kind of stuff, is how Anakin isn't the end all be all yet 3 generations further down the road Rey would be.

Anakin was supposedly immaculately conceived, right? Just straight up raw midichlorian shoved in a womb. And yet he wasn't 'a physical manifestation of The Force itself...'

So why would Rey be when she's essentially just a watered down version? I mean I guess we don't know exactly what her origin is; perhaps her family tree has an even more impressive boost in there somewhere, but I'm not sure how much more impressive you can get that essentially being godlike as Anakin was.

Yeah it's pretty silly but this is what you get when other writers take over and are tasked with keeping it going. "Realistically," Vader was the most powerful of all time.. or so we're told (not sure how Ben Kenobi goes neck and neck with him but.. again that's Hollywood). In the movies we don't get the impression that Luke is any stronger than Vader, nor does he even show the potential to be. Just a regular old Jedi in a time where there aren't any others, so with that in mind, it doesn't really make sense that his or Leia's children would be uber mega force users, but that's what we're being fed.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 02:32 PM 10-12-2017
Originally Posted by Ragged Robin:

Yeah it's pretty silly but this is what you get when other writers take over and are tasked with keeping it going. "Realistically," Vader was the most powerful of all time.. or so we're told (not sure how Ben Kenobi goes neck and neck with him but.. again that's Hollywood). In the movies we don't get the impression that Luke is any stronger than Vader, nor does he even show the potential to be. Just a regular old Jedi in a time where there aren't any others, so with that in mind, it doesn't really make sense that his or Leia's children would be uber mega force users, but that's what we're being fed.
It's not Hollywood. That's embedded in the Jedi Lore. Obi-Wan mastered a defensive fighting style that was optimized for repelling aggressive and talented adversaries. It's why he was picked to take on the 4 saber wielding Grevious.

Anakin, while infinitely more talented, couldn't pierce Obi Wan's defenses and ended up losing to his own pride.
[Reply]
Red Brooklyn 02:53 PM 10-12-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
it’s become clear that Ben Solo/Kylo Ren was well aware of her before she knew about it.
What do you mean?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:38 PM 10-12-2017
The fact that you know it's misdirection makes the spoilers even worse :-) Now you go into the movie knowing that at some point, Rey convinces Kylo that she wants to join, then goes to Snoke with the idea that she'll kill him. All the build up to that that they put in the movie doesn't matter because you're already prepared for what's coming. That and now you know Kylo will be put in the same position as when he killed Han except with Leia and whether he's the one who kills her or not, she likely dies in that space battle. Huge spoilers about the plot.
:-)
[Reply]
Ragged Robin 04:16 PM 10-12-2017
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
It's not Hollywood. That's embedded in the Jedi Lore. Obi-Wan mastered a defensive fighting style that was optimized for repelling aggressive and talented adversaries. It's why he was picked to take on the 4 saber wielding Grevious.

Anakin, while infinitely more talented, couldn't pierce Obi Wan's defenses and ended up losing to his own pride.
No, it's Hollywood. What you're talking about is non-canonical crap someone made up after the fact. Also, I, too, have read some EU stuff and I'm pretty sure that even according to that, Kenobi actually completely throws that style out of the window when he fights Anakin in favor of the whatever flippy yoda style he used before.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:22 PM 10-12-2017
No, it's Hollywood. What you're talking about is non-canonical crap someone made up after the fact. Also, I, too, have read some EU stuff and I'm pretty sure that even according to that, Kenobi actually completely throws that style out of the window when he fights Anakin in favor of the whatever flippy yoda style he used before.
The EU before 2012 no longer exists
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:18 PM 10-16-2017
spinning is still a good trick

https://vid.me/ygQWg
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:52 PM 10-16-2017
Woah, what secret could Ben be keeping from Luke?! And is Luke teaming up with Darth Vader in the end?! I can't wait to see this movie!

[Reply]
RobBlake 05:05 PM 10-16-2017
This has all the hype to be the best of the series and set a big mark in film in general. So hyped for a true dark story arch
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:10 PM 10-16-2017
Dane will enjoy this.

[Reply]
Frazod 06:07 PM 10-16-2017
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Woah, what secret could Ben be keeping from Luke?! And is Luke teaming up with Darth Vader in the end?! I can't wait to see this movie!

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:11 PM 10-16-2017
now people are speculating rey isn't even talking to kylo at the end of that trailer :-) this would be so rian

[Reply]
keg in kc 06:16 PM 10-16-2017
I figured she was speaking to snoke.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:17 AM 10-19-2017
Thank god.

https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2017...eferenced.html

J. J. ABRAMS: EPISODE IX WILL “GO ELSEWHERE” WITH FRANCHISE; PREQUELS WILL BE REFERENCED

Originally Posted by :
“They said that they’re going to be brave and there will be big surprises. I got the impression that JJ felt like he had to refresh previous Star Wars moments for a modern audience in TFA, and now it feels like they have free reign to do what they want."

9 is also the film which unites all three trilogies and brings everything together.

I asked about elements of the PT coming into 9 and Chris said about how 9 unites all of it. He said 9 definitely makes it feel like they’re all happening in the same universe, and there would be PT elements in 9.

[Reply]
Page 81 of 268
« First < 31717778798081 8283848591131181 > Last »
Up