ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 81 of 384
« First < 31717778798081 8283848591131181 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>50 Beers to Try Before You Die
NewChief 06:18 AM 04-24-2010
Thought the beer snobs here might like this article (and probably critique the hell out of it).

http://www.wisdeo.com/articles/view_post/2984
(CBS) You've heard of "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"?

How about 50 to try before you die?!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Reaper16 10:30 PM 01-31-2012
Originally Posted by phisherman:
Geez. I'll reword.

My craft beer buddies all sit around and laugh about the serious rush for this beer. They (and I) don't find the Chocolate Ale to be worthy of madhouse stampedes for it. It is good. I just drank two at the Beer Kitchen tonight, matter of fact. However, I find the BBQ or Rye on Rye or Saison Brett to be more worthy of coveting. The sad part (or good part, depending on how you look at it)is, I don't have to deal with huge lines and crazy demand to get either of those. They sell out sure, but not 25 cases (at each store) in 20 minutes, which is what both Hy-Vees in Lee's Summit did this morning.

My reference to beer drinking husbands buying it for wives that don't drink beer is just what drives everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, to clamor for it like it's Cipro during an Anthrax outbreak.
BBQ this year sold out basically as fast. I certainly agree that the other limited-release Smokestack Series beers are better.

Chocolate Ale has BBQ-level demand from Boulevard consumers AND it has massive demand from Christopher Elbow's consumers. That's why it sells out faster than most other special Smokestack Series releases.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:31 PM 01-31-2012
Originally Posted by Reaper16:
BBQ this year sold out basically as fast. I certainly agree that the other limited-release Smokestack Series beers are better.

Chocolate Ale has BBQ-level demand from Boulevard consumers AND it has massive demand from Christopher Elbow's consumers. That's why it sells out faster than most other special Smokestack Series releases.
BBQ? Tell me more.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:32 PM 01-31-2012
Originally Posted by Phobia:
Nor do I. If Boulevard made this stuff year 'round, they wouldn't sell half as much as they do inside a week.
They still likely lost out on some money if they would have made more though.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:52 PM 01-31-2012

does it taste much like youngs double chocolate stout?
[Reply]
Phobia 10:55 PM 01-31-2012
Originally Posted by Jayhawkerman2001:
does it taste much like youngs double chocolate stout?
I don't think so. It's smooth, very chocolaty but not overwhelmingly so. Balanced and pleasant throughout... It's a very good drinking beer. Not worth all the hype but still a solid 9 out of 10.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:58 PM 01-31-2012
if its anywhere near as good as the double chocolate stout then i'd love it. I need to see this 50 beer list because ive probably had most of them
[Reply]
Reaper16 11:03 PM 01-31-2012
It tastes nothing like a stout, which is what makes the beer so remarkable. It isn't a dark beer. It tastes like a strong wheat beer, with legit chocolate flavor and an unreal aroma.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:07 PM 01-31-2012
im assuming people here have tried smoke beer. Whats your opinions on it? I absolutely love it
[Reply]
KC native 11:20 PM 01-31-2012
im assuming people here have tried smoke beer. Whats your opinions on it? I absolutely love it
Smoked Porters are the shit.
[Reply]
SAUTO 01:17 AM 02-01-2012
I for reals want to try the chocolate, can someone help a brother out?
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
phisherman 06:44 AM 02-01-2012
BBQ this year sold out basically as fast.
Not in my neck of the woods. I could still get bottles 3 days after release in Lee's Summit. Not even close to the hype over the Chocolate.
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:15 AM 02-01-2012
Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini:
BBQ? Tell me more.
I know what you are thinking and no, BBQ is short for Bourbon Barrel Quad.

A quadruple ale aged in old bourbon barrels. Its stout stuff.
[Reply]
Dartgod 07:30 AM 02-01-2012
:-)
[Reply]
NewChief 07:41 AM 02-01-2012
if its anywhere near as good as the double chocolate stout then i'd love it. I need to see this 50 beer list because ive probably had most of them
The list is hidden in /spoiler tags in the OP. You can see it by clicking on the "show" button.
[Reply]
Braincase 09:02 AM 02-01-2012
Originally Posted by O.city:
Well the Boulevard is sold out everywhere in KC, can any of you guys get any?
Last I heard there were a few bottles left in Chicago. And no, I'm not kidding.
[Reply]
Page 81 of 384
« First < 31717778798081 8283848591131181 > Last »
Up