ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 81 of 82
« First < 31717778798081 82 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Restaurants of yesteryear
Simply Red 08:33 PM 11-01-2006
What Restaurants did you grow up around? I'm not talking super fancy and yes fast-food counts. What distinctive memories do you associate with them?

Mine?

Taco Via-(the lit up menu of the various taco plates displayed on the wall), WhiteCastle-On a paper plate with fries and Pepsi, Arthur Treachers(off Noland), Tippins(off Noland), Perkins(the free toy well), Country Deli(awesome local deli to Blue Springs heated sandwiches on Sourdough buns), Zarda BBQ and Dairy, FunHouse Pizza(of Course)(Dark. Video- Games,Electonic Riding Bull and 25-cent Taco night) Annes Sante Fe.

Keep in mind I never see these anymore living in Georgia.

[Reply]
TripleThreat 03:42 PM 07-25-2022
Sit Down:
Sizzler
Benihanas
JJ Norths (All you could eat buffet locally, has since changed into a Golden Corral)

Home:
Mom's Spaghetti & Garlic Bread.

Drive thru:
Mcdonalds & Taco Bell.
(I love taco bell bean and cheese burritos) It is the ONE thing that I order without onions because I had done it my entire life growing up when I didn't eat onions. Now a days I just can't fathom eating onions in it, it tastes gross, mind you I put onions in EVERYTHING possible to date.
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 03:50 PM 07-25-2022
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
Still exists in Texas and has a better burger than Five Guys and the like. Will cook it medium and medium-rare.
That’s weird because I moved back to the DFW area in March and all the locations were gone.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:55 PM 07-25-2022
Huh? Swear I saw a Fuddruckers out at the Legends last weekend.
[Reply]
srvy 04:29 PM 07-25-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Huh? Swear I saw a Fuddruckers out at the Legends last weekend.
You did its in KCK at 1705 Village West Pkwy
[Reply]
Woogieman 05:35 PM 07-25-2022
Originally Posted by Donger:
From something you ate, or was it because of your other "preferences"?

I think it was called China Palace. Early/mid-1980s
I think I know exactly which one you are talking about. They did a buffet and they had the best freaking cucumber slices, but the General's Chicken was still the best I ever had. Nobody has come close...
[Reply]
Woogieman 05:39 PM 07-25-2022
The place I'm thinking about was about where Jerry's Cafe is now between Ugly Joes and Jasper's. Drove with my headlights on for weeks when they closed.
[Reply]
Rasputin 05:50 PM 07-25-2022
A place in my home town where I grew up called Bruce's Country Kitchen. It was really a little bar and grill and has a pool table and table football. You had to put a quarter in the jukebox if a Q stick hit the floor or any balls skip off the table and hit the floor. The owner Evy would get after you. She is a town treasure though and still open over 30 years but I think she is about to retire.

Here's the thing nothing can beat an Evy double bacon cheeseburger and her thick cut french fries she cuts herself. I've never had another burger as good as her Double bacon cheeseburger same with the fries. I'll meet anyone down at the George Brett stature if you disagree. Also when i was 16 she flashed her tits for me and that was nice of her.
[Reply]
ptlyon 06:15 PM 07-25-2022
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
A place in my home town where I grew up called Bruce's Country Kitchen. It was really a little bar and grill and has a pool table and table football. You had to put a quarter in the jukebox if a Q stick hit the floor or any balls skip off the table and hit the floor. The owner Evy would get after you. She is a town treasure though and still open over 30 years but I think she is about to retire.

Here's the thing nothing can beat an Evy double bacon cheeseburger and her thick cut french fries she cuts herself. I've never had another burger as good as her Double bacon cheeseburger same with the fries. I'll meet anyone down at the George Brett stature if you disagree. Also when i was 16 she flashed her tits for me and that was nice of her.
She sounds nice
[Reply]
Boiled Chicken 04:22 AM 07-26-2022
Originally Posted by srvy:
It’s where Cheeseburger in Paradise was at. Im probably in the minority, but I liked that place ( CiP ).
[Reply]
neech 05:54 AM 07-26-2022
Originally Posted by Rasputin:

[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 07:37 AM 07-26-2022
Originally Posted by TripleThreat:
Sit Down:
JJ Norths (All you could eat buffet locally, has since changed into a Golden Corral)
We had a JJ Norths years ago out here in Oregon. It was my parents favorite place to take the family. Personally, I didnt like it that much. I remember telling my parents that mediocre food, even at unlimited quantities, is still mediocre food. I was a punk though. I had no idea it was a bigger chain until this moment!
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 10:05 AM 07-26-2022
Originally Posted by srvy:
I used to go to the one on Metcalf in OP back in the day.
[Reply]
Flying High D 12:56 PM 07-26-2022
Originally Posted by scho63:
Pretty sure you had to remove shell.

While living in Northern Virginia for 10 years, I went to Stonewall Golf Club at Lake Manassas in Gainesville every Thanksgiving for their turkey day buffet dinner.

They had all you could eat jumbo peeled and deveined shrimp as one of the selections. I would have about 25.
My army buddy worked at a higher level bar in Lawton, OK right out Fort Sill. One late afternoon my buddy took me with him to the club before it opened. They brought all these fresh chilled shrimp and cocktail sauce. I took a heaping serving of those shrimp and went to crunching and eating those little bastards. At the end everybody had pile of shells in front of them. Not me. My Buddy asked me where are your shells, he said oh fuck did you eat the shells? Nobody told me I had to peel the bastards. Why you bring shit out to eat that wasn’t ready to eat. Those dumb fucks.
Another time I went to a Turkey or some nationality wedding in Germany with some German girl I was violating at the time. They had these big bowls of some kind crap to eat. Everybody was taking handfuls and eating the stuff. I reached into the bowl with my bowl and got a heaping scoop and started munching. Tasted like tree bark with something edible in the middle. I ate a bowl or two of that crap. Might of been roasted pumpkin seeds I don’t know. They came around to clean up the shells before they brought out the main course. Needless to say I had no discarded shells. No one told me I had to de shell the crap before I ate them. They asked my girlfriend what did I do with the shells. She told them Americans are very resourceful and don’t let anything go to waste including the shells. It’s normal in America to eat the shells.
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 10:14 AM 07-27-2022
Originally Posted by Flying High D:
My army buddy worked at a higher level bar in Lawton, OK right out Fort Sill. One late afternoon my buddy took me with him to the club before it opened. They brought all these fresh chilled shrimp and cocktail sauce. I took a heaping serving of those shrimp and went to crunching and eating those little bastards. At the end everybody had pile of shells in front of them. Not me. My Buddy asked me where are your shells, he said oh **** did you eat the shells? Nobody told me I had to peel the bastards. Why you bring shit out to eat that wasn’t ready to eat. Those dumb ****s.
Another time I went to a Turkey or some nationality wedding in Germany with some German girl I was violating at the time. They had these big bowls of some kind crap to eat. Everybody was taking handfuls and eating the stuff. I reached into the bowl with my bowl and got a heaping scoop and started munching. Tasted like tree bark with something edible in the middle. I ate a bowl or two of that crap. Might of been roasted pumpkin seeds I don’t know. They came around to clean up the shells before they brought out the main course. Needless to say I had no discarded shells. No one told me I had to de shell the crap before I ate them. They asked my girlfriend what did I do with the shells. She told them Americans are very resourceful and don’t let anything go to waste including the shells. It’s normal in America to eat the shells.
I cant compete with any of this. This is hilarious.

It does remind me of a famous story in my family. My grandmother (RIP) had apparently never eaten an artichoke before. It was some sort of formal affair like a wedding so she had to look proper. She ate the entire artichoke when you are really just supposed to scrape the food part off the petals. Instead, she had a belly full of petals. Rough spot to be in, cause those artichoke petals have thorns on them, and that's gonna hurt to puke up.

She got through it somehow though lol.
[Reply]
fan4ever 10:25 AM 07-27-2022
Originally Posted by Vladimir_Kyrilytch:
I cant compete with any of this. This is hilarious.

It does remind me of a famous story in my family. My grandmother (RIP) had apparently never eaten an artichoke before. It was some sort of formal affair like a wedding so she had to look proper. She ate the entire artichoke when you are really just supposed to scrape the food part off the petals. Instead, she had a belly full of petals. Rough spot to be in, cause those artichoke petals have thorns on them, and that's gonna hurt to puke up.

She got through it somehow though lol.
I went to Rocky Point Mexico some years ago with some family and friends. They would buy shrimp from the local street vendor (noticed he had a different scale for the locals than what he used for the Americans). We got back to the rental house and I noticed the women preparing the shrimp weren't de-veining them...all the shrimp shit was still in the shrimp. I showed them how to de-vein the shrimp and after we cooked them they said "Oh my God, these are so much better this way". I couldn't believe it.
[Reply]
Page 81 of 82
« First < 31717778798081 82 >
Up