ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 81 of 791
« First < 31717778798081 8283848591131181581 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
ILChief 06:29 AM 02-28-2019
Broncos are letting Bradley Roby test the FA market. He'd be a good pickup. Upgrade from Nelson
[Reply]
BryanBusby 06:33 AM 02-28-2019
Roby? :-)
[Reply]
In58men 06:41 AM 02-28-2019
Would rather have Shane Ray
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 06:53 AM 02-28-2019
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
$9.5M in a post June 1st cut is significant.
Still s ton of dead money though. The Berry haters are baying for blood but the fact is it would be stupid to get rid of him this year when he's apparently been cleared to play by the doctors. Next year would be a diffetent story though where cutting him is concerned.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 08:41 AM 02-28-2019
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
Still s ton of dead money though. The Berry haters are baying for blood but the fact is it would be stupid to get rid of him this year when he's apparently been cleared to play by the doctors. Next year would be a diffetent story though where cutting him is concerned.
Besides sucking copious amounts of ass and being a legitimate liability, how would Eric Berry playing help this team in any way, shape, or form?

There are no new tales to tell, and the results have been seen by all.

I eagerly await your hot take: go!
[Reply]
Buckweath 09:19 AM 02-28-2019
Originally Posted by ILChief:
Broncos are letting Bradley Roby test the FA market. He'd be a good pickup. Upgrade from Nelson
I'd be real happy with Roby on a one-year (or 2 years) contract.

He just had a down year so he could possibly be signed to a one-year contract and he had been a good player before the past year.
[Reply]
ILChief 09:19 AM 02-28-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
Besides sucking copious amounts of ass and being a legitimate liability, how would Eric Berry playing help this team in any way, shape, or form?

I agree. Save the 2 million and end the drama and sign a top FA safety
[Reply]
O.city 09:21 AM 02-28-2019
Roby is getting paid a lot of money.

Look around at whose going to hit the market and the amount of money out there. Fans need to adjust their thinking with the cap going up, players salaries are going up too.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:23 AM 02-28-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Roby is getting paid a lot of money.

Look around at whose going to hit the market and the amount of money out there. Fans need to adjust their thinking with the cap going up, players salaries are going up too.
If Roby would take a one year prove it deal, I’d be all over it. Would tell me that he’s motivated to prove himself to get a great deal next year.
[Reply]
O.city 09:27 AM 02-28-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
If Roby would take a one year prove it deal, I’d be all over it. Would tell me that he’s motivated to prove himself to get a great deal next year.
He's going to get a big deal this offseason dude. Why would he do a 1 year deal?

Look at the corner market this offseason.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 09:32 AM 02-28-2019
Originally Posted by ILChief:
I agree. Save the 2 million and end the drama and sign a top FA safety
As would anyone in their right mind. Unless the savings difference between this year and next year is absolutely off the scale, then there is no reason to not cut him in June and get whatever we can added to our cap.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 09:33 AM 02-28-2019
I just read that he's looking for big market, not a prove it.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 09:35 AM 02-28-2019

"Liability"? Did you see the other guys In the secondary? :-) And if you're really telling me that a healthy Berry would "not" help this defense, then you're welcome to move along. Because all you'll be doing is allowing your Berry hate to blind you of reality.

The bottom line is the doctors have apparently said he will be fully healthy at the start of training camp and Andy Reid has said he expects to see Berry back In full flow. Are you gonna listen to the people who are close to the situation or are you so bitter that you can't handle not getting your way?
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:43 AM 02-28-2019
I just read that he's looking for big market, not a prove it.
Wouldn’t want him then. Roby has drastically underperformed the last couple years, so if he’s content to take the deal that it earns him, it tells me that he’s content with being average.

If Roby took a one year deal and balled out, he’d probably get double the money next year. But that’s his call of course. Not everyone wants to bet on themselves.
[Reply]
O.city 09:49 AM 02-28-2019
Wouldn’t want him then. Roby has drastically underperformed the last couple years, so if he’s content to take the deal that it earns him, it tells me that he’s content with being average.

If Roby took a one year deal and balled out, he’d probably get double the money next year. But that’s his call of course. Not everyone wants to bet on themselves.
As a player, you get drafted to a place not of your choosing out of college.

Once you have a chance to choose where you go or to the place that's going to compensate you the most, why wouldn't you do that?
[Reply]
Page 81 of 791
« First < 31717778798081 8283848591131181581 > Last »
Up