ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 80 of 85
« First < 30707677787980 81828384 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Handy-Man Corner
Iowanian 08:25 AM 09-24-2004
I'm tired of bad Chiefs news.....

I thought it would be a good idea for a thread on the Handy-Man.

Do you have any Home remedies, gadgets you've made, advice on car repair, home maint, sollutions to kill weeds in your yard, bugs in your garden?

Use Coke to clean your batteries? That type of stuff.
Home made floor dry?
[Reply]
Bugeater 05:37 PM 09-09-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Ours are Samsung too! We’re twins.

And now you know the trick for light scratches they may get!

Only child huh? Did he turn out ok? I’m thinking mine might be an only.....
Well that depends on your definition of "ok"...lol.

Nah, he's a good kid, stays out of trouble...doesn't cost me much money anymore...I could have done worse and honestly surprised I didn't.
[Reply]
F150 07:12 AM 09-14-2020
Dont see many pictures of workshops here but this is simply awesome...

This is a pretty cool family treasure to have! https://t.co/22kzCaNgYw

— Ryan Goodman (@beefrunner) September 14, 2020

[Reply]
htismaqe 07:40 AM 09-14-2020
That's probably Buehler's.
[Reply]
F150 08:20 AM 09-14-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
That's probably Buehler's.
lol
[Reply]
Pennywise 12:41 PM 10-16-2020
Any "My Self Reliance" fans here? He took Dick Proenneke and his idea up a notch. I started watching weekly 1.5 yrs ago and I rarely miss now.

Dude is gonna have a compound built in another year. He's working on a woodshop now.

If you do subscribe, bring a flashlight for the rabbit hole.

[Reply]
KCUnited 09:06 AM 10-17-2020
Dimmer switch question.

I have 2 separate switches that turn on/off my living room lights. One in the actual living room and one in the stairwell leading to/from the living room. I only need the dimmer on the living room switch as the stairwell switch is simply for anyone navigating the stairs in the dark and even then there's a stairwell switch right next to it sharing the same plate.

That said, can I install a 3 pole dimmer switch on just the switch in the living room that I utilize or do I have to replace the stairwell switch as well?
[Reply]
Bugeater 10:24 AM 10-17-2020
Yes, you can have a 3 way dimmer on just one of the switches, I have a room set up that way in my house.
[Reply]
scho63 10:37 AM 10-17-2020
Originally Posted by Pennywise:

Thanks for posting this! :-)

Really awesome. I can't even build a popsicle house.

I sent this to my brother-in-law, a guy who can build anything. I'm sure he'll love it.

[Reply]
cooper barrett 02:50 PM 10-17-2020
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
Yes, you can have a 3 way dimmer on just one of the switches, I have a room set up that way in my house.

Been too long but I think your other switch will not always be up for on depending on the "master's" switch position.
[Reply]
KCUnited 08:20 AM 10-18-2020
New dimmer switch has 4 wires, but I only have 3 coming out of the box.

Feel I know how to connect the 3 but not seeing a ground wire coming out of the box to connect to the new switch.

Can I connect the ground wire to the green ground screw on the accompanying switch inside the box? If not, where do I go with the ground wire on the new switch?

[Reply]
notorious 09:13 AM 10-18-2020
WTF is there orange wire in your electrical box?
[Reply]
notorious 09:18 AM 10-18-2020
If there is a bare wire coming into/out of that mess send the ground back on it.
[Reply]
KCUnited 09:38 AM 10-18-2020
Originally Posted by notorious:
WTF is there orange wire in your electrical box?
From what I've gathered the one with paint on it is the main power, the other 2 are travelers.

Originally Posted by notorious:
If there is a bare wire coming into/out of that mess send the ground back on it.
No bare wire in the box. From what I understand the box is grounded via a metal conduit, which may be a Chicago code thing. The house is brand new FWIW.

I just capped the ground wire from the dimmer switch and connected the others and it seems to work fine.

I'm open to any critique or feedback on that though as I've clearly never messed with electric at any level.
[Reply]
ghak99 09:40 AM 10-18-2020
That looks like it could be a fun expereince!

The green screw on your old switch is screwed all the way in. Was it not in use? Is there not a bare, or possible green, wire back behind that mess of orange?
[Reply]
KCUnited 09:42 AM 10-18-2020
Originally Posted by ghak99:
That looks like it could be a fun expereince!

The green screw on your old switch is screwed all the way in. Was it not in use? Is there not a bare, or possible green, wire back behind that mess of orange?
Screwed all the way in, nothing connecting to it. No green wire present. There were a couple white wires capped together but neither with a bare end coming out of the box.
[Reply]
Page 80 of 85
« First < 30707677787980 81828384 > Last »
Up