ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 80 of 111
« First < 30707677787980 8182838490 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Official 2020 NFL Free Agency Thread *****
saphojunkie 11:39 AM 03-16-2020
Certified Corona free.

Post here. Pertinent free agent signings can still have their own thread. Anyone who replies with a Q, because something is buried in this thread should blah blah AIDS tree.
[Reply]
ForeverIowan 06:45 PM 03-24-2020
I love how Chris Jones bats down a couple balls late in the 4th quarter and the narrative is hes the player of the game and there is no way we win the SB without him. Meanwhile, Sammy goes 5 receptions for 98 yards and runs an absolute fricken beauty of a route burning one of the best corners of his era in Richard Sherman to set up the go ahead touchdown and the narrative on Sammy is hes dog crap and not worth the money. I just dont understand it. Restructure him for $10-12 million a year and let's keep this freight train rolling!
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 06:49 PM 03-24-2020
I think most people are fine with restructuring Sammy to $10-$12 mil. per year.

The hangup, of course, may be ‘is Sammy’ (and his agent) ??
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 06:56 PM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Tyreek missed a chunk of games, he still didn't do much as the #2 receiver.
Speaking of Tyreek, I don’t think he ever left Miami. Dude is living his best life rn on the water and yachts and girls twerking. He’s scared of the water tho I didn’t know that
[Reply]
The Franchise 07:02 PM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by ForeverIowan:
I love how Chris Jones bats down a couple balls late in the 4th quarter and the narrative is hes the player of the game and there is no way we win the SB without him. Meanwhile, Sammy goes 5 receptions for 98 yards and runs an absolute fricken beauty of a route burning one of the best corners of his era in Richard Sherman to set up the go ahead touchdown and the narrative on Sammy is hes dog crap and not worth the money. I just dont understand it. Restructure him for $10-12 million a year and let's keep this freight train rolling!
Because we don’t know what he wants money wise.
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:05 PM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Tyreek missed a chunk of games, he still didn't do much as the #2 receiver.
That's because after week 2 Andy didn't use him as the WR2 primarily. He kept Sammy in to block DEs and LBs, he had him run decoy routes, rubs, etc. He had games where he was hardly targeted because the OL was playing so badly in pass pro and in the running game that they needed to use his size, strength and football intelligence to get other guys open. When I re-watched the games from week 2 through 9 this became apparent.
[Reply]
ForeverIowan 03-24-2020, 07:06 PM
This message has been deleted by ForeverIowan.
OKchiefs 07:28 PM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Because we don’t know what he wants money wise.
Shouldn't really matter should it? No clue why they're letting it drag on. Tell what you'll pay him tomorrow, cut him by the end of the week if he won't take it.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 07:31 PM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
That's because after week 2 Andy didn't use him as the WR2 primarily. He kept Sammy in to block DEs and LBs, he had him run decoy routes, rubs, etc. He had games where he was hardly targeted because the OL was playing so badly in pass pro and in the running game that they needed to use his size, strength and football intelligence to get other guys open. When I re-watched the games from week 2 through 9 this became apparent.
My problem with that is he's now averaged roughly 600 yards a year for three years now. It's not just 2019, he's been average for a while. Again, I'd still be fine with giving him $12 million. But no more than that, he's not worth it.
[Reply]
BossChief 07:35 PM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by Coogs:
His base salary is $14 million. 14 divided on a 4 year extension is 3.5 a year. 14 divided on a 3 year extension is 4.7 a year. Plus a base salary. Gonna be more than 10 a year at least this year.
He’s not guaranteed that 14m. The 7m left is the prorated signing bonus.

Any new deal would be at a reduced rate and that 14m is irrelevant.
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Like Pugs said, he got overpaid to get us over the hump in the playoffs and that’s exactly what he did. Even in 2018, he played his best football in the playoffs. If you can get him back at a more reasonable price, you do it.
5 playoff games W/KC
464 yards
1 TD
[Reply]
The Franchise 07:37 PM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
So Andy took his $21 million dollar WR, who while Tyreek was injured, left him into block the whole time and run decoy routes? Bullshit
[Reply]
Coogs 07:53 PM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by BossChief:
He’s not guaranteed that 14m. The 7m left is the prorated signing bonus.

Any new deal would be at a reduced rate and that 14m is irrelevant.

5 playoff games W/KC
464 yards
1 TD

My bad! I thought it was guaranteed. Knew it wasn't too! Lol!
[Reply]
Megatron96 08:02 PM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
So Andy took his $21 million dollar WR, who while Tyreek was injured, left him into block the whole time and run decoy routes? Bullshit
Not just those two things. And just watch him when he's in from week 3 to week 10. See the difference in routes where he's targeted and those he isn't. Many of those times you see Sammy getting off the line and running his stem differently than the one he just ran. And see who gets open or how the defense reacts to Sammy when he's in motion. It becomes rather obvious after a couple games. It even makes a certain kind of Andy Reid sense.

From week 2 to 7, the whole left side of the OL was fucked, right? Pat couldn't depend on the left side to either hold up in pass pro or maintain decent run blocking. So not only was Pat getting pressured from the left side, but he had a short clock. One way of lengthening that clock while also taking the best CB out of the play was to have Sammy lined up on the left side of the line pretty close to the tackle. Now with Sammy chipping or double teaming or whatever not only is he giving Pat more time, but he's taken the other team's CB1 out of the play.

There's also plenty of plays where Sammy lines up right next to Kelce. So obvious rub route, right? But watch how the play is designed; how the play gets Kelce open. Because again, if you watch closely you can tell from the beginning that Sammy was never the option; Kelce was always the target in the play. Sammy just rubs Kelce's defender enough to get Kelce open, and then Sammy blocks so that Kelce can get some YAC. And ask yourself: how many times during the season was Sammy called for OPI running the same exact rub routes that used to get called against us all the time two seasons ago?

Look, don't take my word for it. Simply watch Sammy play and see how the defense reacts to him. Then look at the play design, the result of the play, and then decide.
[Reply]
BigChiefFan 09:22 PM 03-24-2020
Veach just has Breeland to go and he has our core players retained. Nice!!
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 09:33 PM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by BigChiefFan:
Veach just has Breeland to go and he has our core players retained. Nice!!
Agreed!! Come on Veach you can do it!! Add Breeland and you get an A+ in FA
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:12 AM 03-25-2020

An eye-opening list as we ponder the 2020 @NFLDraft.

#1 overall picks: 2010-2015

'15: Jameis Winston - free agent
'14: JD Clowney - free agent
'13: Eric Fisher - Chiefs LT
'12: Andrew Luck - retired
'11: Cam Newton - free agent
'10: Sam Bradford - free agent

— Andrew Siciliano (@AndrewSiciliano) March 25, 2020

[Reply]
Mecca 11:13 AM 03-25-2020
It'd be nice if we could get something done with our cap because there are a few guys out there that would help a ton...

Nigel Bradham and Xavier Rhodes would be great fits here.
[Reply]
Page 80 of 111
« First < 30707677787980 8182838490 > Last »
Up