ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 80 of 163
« First < 30707677787980 8182838490130 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Major Update on Tyreek Hill [old thread, don't freak out]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:44 AM 04-24-2019

Today at 3:00, Steve will be holding a press conference regarding the criminal investigation involving Tyreek Hill and Crystal Espinal. This will be held in our 4th floor conference room.

— Johnson County KS DA (@JohnsonCoDA) April 24, 2019

From @NFLTotalAccess: The latest on #Chiefs WR Tyreek Hill... pic.twitter.com/5xEpODrhuf

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 25, 2019

[Reply]
GloryDayz 06:34 AM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
Scuba Steve

That's awesome...
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 06:34 AM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by nychief:
The mental gymnastics in this thread justifying and explaining away this incident is disgusting. A kid got hurt, the DA suspects a crime, fears for the child but the family stonewalling the investigation...it’s shitty, there is something amiss why is it so hard to admit that?
Certainly, something is amiss...but just what is amiss is the problem. As I outlined in my post, many things could have plausibly happened, and because of Tyreek's history they believe that the "truth" will get him into trouble, even if in their own opinion, this was not abuse but an accident...so they clam up.

Something is amiss for sure though, I'll grant you that.
[Reply]
tmax63 06:39 AM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by FAX:
Apparently, its that brilliant legal scholar who works for NBC sports. He and PFF's learned and esteemed professor of law have it all figured out. They have the brand already hot and all they're waiting for is somebody to perform a little tie-down roping on Tyreek.

Meanwhile, anybody who reminds people that we have laws and due process for a reason is accused of being a baby killer and abettor of evil deeds.

FAX
You forgot colluded with the Russians. I'm waiting for them to drop obstruction charges on Tyreek next.
[Reply]
tmax63 06:52 AM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
everyones burying reek. but wasnt his wife named in the report? not reek? sounds like hes protecting her if anything.
x1000. This seems like the most plausible explanation to me. When the po-po and child protective services get involved you "circle the wagons". Especially if you grew up not holding either in high regard and I'd bet that is the case in Tyreek's family. It would be a hard decision to choose between a) pregnant baby momma going to jail and losing the unborn twins to CPS as well or b) baby daddy going to jail and losing a 100 mil NFL contract or c)hunker down, don't say shit to nobody, and weather the shitstorm. This seems the most likely scenario to me.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 06:59 AM 04-25-2019
Long and short of what I have been told:

There was physical evidence of abuse of the child (not a broken arm, much much worse and not accidental). Without that, the child isn’t removed by family services.

Initial reports indicated Hill perpetrated the abuse.

Neither of the parents ended up being willing to talk to police about what happened.

They know something happened to the kid. Just can’t prove now who did it. Initially thought they’d be able to before the classic DV cycle kicked in and the initial report of who did it was recanted.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 07:00 AM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by InChiefsHell:
What if it was negligence, and he doesn't believe that she's some kind of serial abuser? What if the kid was doing kid crap and she goes to grab his arm and he pulls away and a spiral fracture happens, and Tyreek doesn't think she's an abuser but knows that the law will say she is?
Sure. Entirely possible this is what happened. Entirely possible any number of other scenario also happened. Truth is, we don't know, and we're left to speculate and form our own opinions. The question is what do you think is most likely? Or more likely? The DA has clearly seen the evidence and has some strong opinion about that.

But okay, let's play your version of events out. Tyreek's girlfriend - who as we know is a teacher and regularly works with children - disciplines the kid and he suffers a spiral fracture. She's worried that the law will look poorly upon the situation, so she and Tyreek decide not to cooperate with the police. This of course is happening just as Tyreek is beginning his extension talks with the Chiefs, and his 100mm and career are now jeopardized. All because he felt the need to act as a white knight for Crystal.

You think that's more likely than a guy who has abused his pregnant girlfriend in the past who plays a violent sport disciplining his child and causing him to suffer a spiral fracture? The two of them reconcile and conclude that if they tell the truth (even if they were both disciplining their child as they knew it when growing up), it will jeopardize his 100mm extension? So, they decide to keep quiet about it?

I've heard many in this thread harp on people's own self-interest:
"The Star wants clicks."
"The DA is looking for his next job in office in DC."
"It's a money grab by the Crystal's and Tyreek's parents."

What's more compelling a motive than trying to protect 100mm?

I'm not for a second saying Tyreek should be in prison or even suspended given what's publicly known, but some of you are really trying very hard here to ignore what's most likely when you wouldn't be doing so if this were any person you encountered in your normal day-to-day life.
[Reply]
Mecca 07:02 AM 04-25-2019
I mean obviously things have changed, pretty sure shit my parents did on a daily basis to me would be considered abuse now yet I look back on it I'll point blank say every time I got my ass beat, I deserved it.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:04 AM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I mean obviously things have changed, pretty sure shit my parents did on a daily basis to me would be considered abuse now yet I look back on it I'll point blank say every time I got my ass beat, I deserved it.

Did you ever get your ass beaten so badly you had bruises and welts on your back, butt, and legs well after the spanking, to the point it looked like you’d been whipped?

Just asking.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:06 AM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
If "discipline" ends up with the child in the hospital you've gone too far.
[Reply]
Eleazar 07:06 AM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by TEX:
Are you finally done? Why don't you have a SJW Party at your house and have "Stat Boy" bring the diet coke? Be sure to invite Brooke and Steve so you guys can toast to how "well" they did their jobs.

Yes, be mad at Hill if you want. Be mad at the situarion and be concerned for the child. But if you think the media and the DA handled the situation professionally, you're pretty ignorant.
Who gives a **** about someone "handling it unprofessionally"? Is that what we're going to hind behind, to make us feel like we should be cheering for someone like Tyreek Hill?
[Reply]
Mecca 07:06 AM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Did you ever get your ass beaten so badly you had bruises and welts on your back, butt, and legs well after the spanking, to the point it looked like you’d been whipped?

Just asking.
Well yea when I got the belt that left some marks...one time I moved and it got my back so yea that left a mark.

One time when I was like 8 I think I was 8, my mom slapped me across my face for talking back and busted my lip.

After that age it didn't happen really because I stopped being a hard headed ass and did what I was told..ironically that really helped not getting smacked.
[Reply]
ClevelandBronco 07:06 AM 04-25-2019

There was physical evidence of abuse of the child (not a broken arm, much much worse and not accidental). Without that, the child isn’t removed by family services.

Neither of the parents ended up being willing to talk to police about what happened.

They know something happened to the kid. Just can’t prove now who did it. Initially thought they’d be able to before the classic DV cycle kicked in and the initial report of who did it was recanted.
The one thing we can say then: This poor kid has shit for parents. Fuck him, I guess.
[Reply]
MagicHef 07:07 AM 04-25-2019

My guess is that someone will leak injury photos, and then Tyreek's career will be over.
[Reply]
Eleazar 07:08 AM 04-25-2019

POS
[Reply]
tmax63 07:08 AM 04-25-2019
I got my ass beat as a kid as well. If I didn't deserve it at the time, I'm sure I'd done something and gotten away with it and needed a switching.
[Reply]
Page 80 of 163
« First < 30707677787980 8182838490130 > Last »
Up