ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 80 of 151
« First < 30707677787980 8182838490130 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****Official 2019/2020 Kansas Men's Basketball Repository Thread*****
saphojunkie 02:55 PM 04-09-2019
Welcome back, my friends.

The night is dark and full of sophomores. We were due a down year, but it's back to hunting banners.

Thread to be updated as new developments emerge.

RETURNING PLAYERS:

Spoiler!

LEAVING PLAYERS:
Spoiler!

INCOMING PLAYERS:

Spoiler!

IMPORTANT GAMES:
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Prison Bitch 01:24 PM 02-10-2020
They’re both 1st team AP A.A. Auto qualifiers.
[Reply]
KC Hawks 01:27 PM 02-10-2020
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Why? Morris didn’t make 1st team AA. Nor did Withey, nor Ellis. None were conf POY. They don’t belong up there. It’s become a joke how many mediocrities they retire.
Morris won conference POY.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 01:31 PM 02-10-2020
Why? Morris didn’t make 1st team AA. Nor did Withey, nor Ellis. None were conf POY. They don’t belong up there. It’s become a joke how many mediocrities they retire.
Morris was conference POY in 2011. He was All Freshmen Team in 2009, Second Team Big 12 in 2010, First Team Big 12 in 2011, Second Team AA in 2011, and Conference POY in 2011.

Withey was 1st Team Big 12 in 2013, Second Team AA in 2013, Big 12 DPOY twice, and is the school’s all time leader in blocks. I don’t think he makes it though, because he wasn’t Conference POY. I just said he had a chance, because his resume is still impressive.

Perry Ellis was 3rd Team Big 12 in 2014, 1st Team Big 12 in 2015 and 2016, Honorable Mention AA in 2015, and Second Team AA in 2016. His resume is very close to Brandon Rush’s resume. No Conference POY for either, but multiple times on the All Conference First Team. That’s why I think he makes it.

These aren’t who I would put up there. This is just my guess based on what Self has done so far. Conference POY, 1st Team AA, or National Tourney MOP makes you a lock. If you lack those, then being a 3-year starter and having multiple selections to First Team All Conference with AA Second Team/Honorable Mention seems to get it.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 01:38 PM 02-10-2020
Ellis was a fairly mediocre starter by KU standards.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 01:41 PM 02-10-2020
Ellis was a fairly mediocre starter by KU standards.
As a pure basketball player, yes. I would never select him to build around. Way too many flaws in his game.

However, his accomplishments are what they are. Self retired Brandon Rush’s jersey. I don’t think he should have, but he did. Ellis has a very similar individual resume.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 02:38 PM 02-10-2020
Why is Bill Bridges up there? He was only honorable mention AA by the AP. Wasn't even 2nd team.

This isn't something that just started happening.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 05:58 PM 02-10-2020
Yes, that’s t is something that’s just now happening. He got his jersey retired 45 years after he played. That’s retarded. We started putting up everyone in 2004ish. Everyone deserves a blue ribbon yay?

First team AA. Tourney MOP. That was the standard forever. Two ways to get up. It meant Frank Mason goes up but Kirk Hinrich doesn’t. As it should be.
[Reply]
DJay23 06:09 PM 02-10-2020
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
As a pure basketball player, yes. I would never select him to build around. Way too many flaws in his game.

However, his accomplishments are what they are. Self retired Brandon Rush’s jersey. I don’t think he should have, but he did. Ellis has a very similar individual resume.
Self has said before that there are criteria that they go by but if there is someone he thinks deserves it that doesn't meet the criteria, he'll decide if they go up and basically we'll all have to live with it.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 06:17 PM 02-10-2020
Originally Posted by InvinciBill:
That'd be a very, very surprising thing to witness this Saturday.
Well considering they walked into AFH and woodshedded the Jayhawks, winning there might be a stretch.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 06:32 PM 02-10-2020
Originally Posted by DJay23:
Self has said before that there are criteria that they go by but if there is someone he thinks deserves it that doesn't meet the criteria, he'll decide if they go up and basically we'll all have to live with it.
And I would be willing to bet that means Ellis will get his retired.
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:34 PM 02-10-2020
Originally Posted by DJay23:
And that’s OK. Because He’s bill self.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 06:34 PM 02-10-2020
Yes, that’s t is something that’s just now happening. He got his jersey retired 45 years after he played. That’s retarded. We started putting up everyone in 2004ish. Everyone deserves a blue ribbon yay?

First team AA. Tourney MOP. That was the standard forever. Two ways to get up. It meant Frank Mason goes up but Kirk Hinrich doesn’t. As it should be.
I would suggest a point system for it with Tourney MOP and National POY being the only automatics.

For instance, assign a certain number of points to Conference POY, First Team AA, etc. I would have a very high total required too, so it would only apply to guys with the best careers.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 06:57 PM 02-10-2020
This is a good idea^. It makes too much sense which is why it’ll never happen.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 10:26 PM 02-10-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
And that’s OK. Because He’s bill self.
And he can hang Whom ever jersey he wants. And I’m okay with that.
[Reply]
Lzen 08:29 AM 02-11-2020
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:
Well considering they walked into AFH and woodshedded the Jayhawks, winning there might be a stretch.
I was as shocked as anyone that they were able to do that. I would be surprised if Self doesn't have his team more prepared and a better gameplan for the second matchup. Also, I believe Dotson and maybe Garrett, as well, were injured in that game. Dotson was clearly not himself.
[Reply]
Page 80 of 151
« First < 30707677787980 8182838490130 > Last »
Up