ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 80 of 211
« First < 30707677787980 8182838490130180 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Official 2019 STL Cardinals Thread****
BigRedChief 03:23 AM 01-10-2019
Cardinals announce 25-man Opening Day roster for the 2019 season.
Spoiler!

2019 Opening Day Line up
Spoiler!

Won the Central Division. Won the NLDS.

NLDS Playoff roster
Spoiler!

NLDS Playoff Game 1 starting lineup
Spoiler!

NLCS Game One Starting lineup
Spoiler!

[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:14 PM 07-03-2019
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
I would DFA O'Neill right now. No need to have him on the 40 man. An outright release would be fine. He's not a baseball player.
:-) a lot of that on this current roster.
[Reply]
O.city 05:36 AM 07-04-2019
Anyone stay up to see what happened in the 9th last night?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:33 AM 07-04-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Anyone stay up to see what happened in the 9th last night?
I dont watch the games live. But, I still DVR all the games.

Fast forwarded through most just to see who got a hit and what Waino was doing right to put up those zero's, Watched Munoz, O'neill AB's. I let the 9th run normal speed when I saw they had 2 on.
Something I've not seen in a while. Situational hitting. Take the walk they are giving you. Quit trying to hit a home run on every swing. Great base running. And to top it all off the small but scrappy young kid comes off the bench to pinch hit the game winner over the wall.Miller and Martinez shut the door.

At least for one inning, in this mediocre year, the Cardinals style of play that we have all known and loved over the years was back.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 07:40 AM 07-04-2019
Broke the Cubs' heart in the 9th inning.

Loving it.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:42 AM 07-04-2019
Originally Posted by Carr4MVP:
Broke the Cubs' heart in the 9th inning.

Loving it.
:-) Maddon is going to get fired.
[Reply]
O.city 07:43 AM 07-04-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I dont watch the games live. But, I still DVR all the games.

Fast forwarded through most just to see who got a hit and what Waino was doing right to put up those zero's, Watched Munoz, O'neill AB's. I let the 9th run normal speed when I saw they had 2 on.
Something I've not seen in a while. Situational hitting. Take the walk they are giving you. Quit trying to hit a home run on every swing. Great base running. And to top it all off the small but scrappy young kid comes off the bench to pinch hit the game winner over the wall.Miller and Martinez shut the door.

At least for one inning, in this mediocre year, the Cardinals style of play that we have all known and loved over the years was back.
I didn’t stay up
We have some friends here for the fourth so I caught maybe an inning
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:46 AM 07-04-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
I didn’t stay up
We have some friends here for the fourth so I caught maybe an inning
Whoops, needed a spoiler tag huh? :-)
[Reply]
O.city 07:48 AM 07-04-2019
Whoops, needed a spoiler tag huh? :-)
Ha

No I saw the highlights this morning
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 05:46 PM 07-04-2019
Two good wins in a row.

It's probably time for PDL to get Wacha's spot in the rotation and use that turd for mop-up duty only. I'm pessimistic that Gomber makes it back at all this season.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:28 PM 07-04-2019
Two good wins in a row.
thanks to Edman, O’Neill, Munoz and Martinez. Instead of the .240 hitters. And let’s be clear, Edman and Muniz are only playing because Carp went to the IL. Same with O’Neill and Ozuna. When they come back we will see if it returns to the same old lineups. That said unless Carp and Goldy can be somewhat close to their “normal” in the 2nd half, we have no chance.

I'm pessimistic that Gomber makes it back at all this season.
huh, I thought it was a 6 weeks or so injury. Now it’s the rest of the season? :-)

It's probably time for PDL to get Wacha's spot in the rotation and use that turd for mop-up duty.
Do we get a bottom of the 2nd round pick if Wacha leaves? Isn’t that the level of compensation now? Could we get a low level “A” high upside, bust level lottery player for him in a trade? I’d take a bucket of balls too to keep him from blowing games.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:38 AM 07-05-2019
Need to keep losing so they clean house...
[Reply]
Frazod 11:27 AM 07-05-2019
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Need to keep losing so they clean house...
Fortunately for the mismanagers of the team and unfortunately for everybody who wants change, the NL Central is weak as shit this year. If they were in any other division in baseball, they'd be buried in the standings.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 12:56 PM 07-05-2019
thanks to Edman, O’Neill, Munoz and Martinez. Instead of the .240 hitters. And let’s be clear, Edman and Muniz are only playing because Carp went to the IL. Same with O’Neill and Ozuna. When they come back we will see if it returns to the same old lineups. That said unless Carp and Goldy can be somewhat close to their “normal” in the 2nd half, we have no chance.

huh, I thought it was a 6 weeks or so injury. Now it’s the rest of the season? :-)

Do we get a bottom of the 2nd round pick if Wacha leaves? Isn’t that the level of compensation now? Could we get a low level “A” high upside, bust level lottery player for him in a trade? I’d take a bucket of balls too to keep him from blowing games.
They probably wouldn't get more than some international bonus money, which as this week shows they won't even use to sign any of the top 30 guys.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 03:11 PM 07-05-2019

Comp picks are only awarded if you make a qualifying offer and it is turned down.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:37 PM 07-05-2019
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Comp picks are only awarded if you make a qualifying offer and it is turned down.
:-) no way should they give Wacha a qualifying offer.
[Reply]
Page 80 of 211
« First < 30707677787980 8182838490130180 > Last »
Up