ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 26
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs sign former Bills Punter Matt Araiza
tredadda 03:10 PM 02-22-2024
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
Interesting. I guess if Townsend wanted big money he can look elsewhere. This seems like a great move.
I think he gets a Brown Jr kind of reality check. Not sure anyone wants to drop $4 million+ on a punter.
[Reply]
notorious 03:11 PM 02-22-2024
Originally Posted by tredadda:
I think he gets a Brown Jr kind of reality check. Not sure anyone wants to drop $4 million+ on a punter.
Raiders have already contacted him.
[Reply]
tredadda 03:21 PM 02-22-2024
Originally Posted by notorious:
That’s not a surprise. What would be a surprise is them offering him $4+ million a year.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:33 PM 02-22-2024
That’s not a surprise. What would be a surprise is them offering him $4+ million a year.
There are still enough dinosaurs in the league that someone will offer him 3/$12 million.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 06:56 PM 02-22-2024
It’s the raiders - even that wouldn’t be surprising.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 11:06 AM 02-23-2024
Originally Posted by notorious:
Well, we already have the best punter in the league.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:32 AM 02-23-2024
Originally Posted by MarkDavis'Haircut:
Well, we already have the best punter in the league.
True story.

AJ Cole is the only guy in the league right now who I view as a truly consistently great punter. Ryan Stonehouse is probably closing in on that territory though he only has a 2 year track record (and, unlike Townsend, has been great since he came into the league).

Stonehouse is about >< far from being a true monster there, though. You know what it means when a guy has the best 'inside the 20' rate and worst 'touchback' rate in football? That he's just a liiiiiiiiitle too fine. He's trying just a little too hard to put that sucker at the 5. When he learns that he can aim it at the 10 instead, he's going to be a horse.
[Reply]
notorious 02:39 PM 02-22-2024
Oh fuck Buffalo fan is going to LOVE this. :-)
[Reply]
Dante84 02:39 PM 02-22-2024
I'll eat crow on it. I wrote him off to die.

I still wonder if he is a piece of shit for even being in the proximity of it, and if so, how that will mesh with Butker, but I guess we'll see.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 02:43 PM 02-22-2024
Originally Posted by Dante84:

I still wonder if he is a piece of shit for even being in the proximity of it, and if so, how that will mesh with Butker, but I guess we'll see.
Agreed. That's where I'm at too. But end of the day if he can play and help, I didn't carme about tyreek because dude could play and I won't care for araiza if he can play. I just don't know if Townsend is as replaceable as we think
[Reply]
ChiTown 02:54 PM 02-22-2024
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Agreed. That's where I'm at too. But end of the day if he can play and help, I didn't carme about tyreek because dude could play and I won't care for araiza if he can play. I just don't know if Townsend is as replaceable as we think
What? He's a Punter, and he was very average in 2023. He's very replaceable
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 02:50 PM 02-22-2024

He was at a college party and left an hour before the alleged "rape" happened. Prosecutors didn't charge anyone as the defendent lied about her age and seemed to be performing acts in the video willingly.

https://www.si.com/nfl/bills/news/bu...ree-agent-news

There was still a civil lawsuit against the men, including Araiza, despite it being shown he wasn't there. He filed a defamation suit against the women. She released him from the civil litigation in December and he dropped his suit in return. She knew he did nothing. It seems he is a good kid by all accounts and got caught up in this because of his notoriety of being the Punt God.
https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com...uit-settlement
[Reply]
notorious 02:52 PM 02-22-2024
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
He was at a college party and left an hour before the alleged "rape" happened. Prosecutors didn't charge anyone as the defendent lied about her age and seemed to be performing acts in the video willingly.

There was still a civil lawsuit against the men, including Araiza, despite it being shown he wasn't there. He filed a defamation suit against the women. She released him from the civil litigation in December and he dropped his suit in return. She knew he did nothing. It seems he is a good kid by all accounts and got caught up in this because of his notoriety of being the Punt God.
Yep, it was all a load of shit. Sound familiar?
[Reply]
suzzer99 03:24 PM 02-22-2024
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:

There is video that is supposed to be from the party with her sitting on (I believe) his lap. She's very very drunk and bragging about her "body count", but also hints at having sex starting really young (or something like that), to which the guy she's sitting on says "I'm not trying to hear that!"

By all accounts he was gone by the time the gang bang happened. I think he had had sex with her before that though.

So it seems like he might have had some bad judgement, but not worth getting your career ruined over.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:12 PM 02-22-2024

Based on the limited research I’ve done on the subject (mainly the short video I’ve seen of her at the party), that girl was a total skank. He might be a terrible person but she’s super trash and it’s hard for me to give a shit about any of that.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 26
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Up