ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 759
« First < 45678 91011121858108508 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Our Wide Receivers Suck- Official Thread****
Sofa King 09:08 PM 09-07-2023
They can’t get open, they drop passes in their hands, their jet sweeps are slow and terrible. These guys are not good.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 09:36 PM 09-07-2023
Damn them to HELL.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 09:36 PM 09-07-2023
Originally Posted by Sassy Snatch:
Oh, I'm not saying he's off the team. But that's going to fuck badly with him mentally the rest of the time he's here.
He was at the top of his mental stamina coming into this game after the SB glow and this was the result. So you think somehow now he's going to collapse and play worse? Don't think so.
[Reply]
jamison69 09:36 PM 09-07-2023
Matt Nagy SUCKS!!!
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 09:37 PM 09-07-2023
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
I guess people don't remember that Brady couldn't win when he was throwing to Jabar Gaffney and Reche Caldwell.
Hopefully Veach goes out and gets Wes Welker and Randy Moss-caliber WR talent like the Faketriots did after that season.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 09:37 PM 09-07-2023
I'm not sure what there is to say when there are SO many WR drops. It's not likely to continue, but it's certainly baffling in the moment.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:38 PM 09-07-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
They got open...just couldnt catch the fucking ball.

Toney had the worst night of his football life.

Moore showed he's totally unspecial, but goddamn he's better than THAT i thought. I thought he could at least snag a football.
Ehh all those times Mahomes hitched, held the ball is cause not one was getting open..
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:39 PM 09-07-2023
Originally Posted by -King-:
Yes they do. "It's ok, Mahomes will just score 40" is all over the Chris Jones thread. And any thread where people argue we should go after a FA WR or trade. People think you can just put anyone around him and he'll make it work.
No, the argument, or at least any intelligent argument, is that you can't afford to pay premium free agent WR prices without damaging your ability to field a complete team. The argument is that you need to draft and develop your own stars, not pay for other teams'.

And we're one game into this thing, and people are already acting like the season is over and it's all a failure.

It's going to be okay. No Kelce, no Jones, and it still took a fluke pick 6.

Lions are good. Chiefs will get it figured out.
[Reply]
dirk digler 09:39 PM 09-07-2023
They struggled for sure but this mostly the same group minus JJSS. Don't bring up Hardman he played in 8 games and had 25 catches.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:40 PM 09-07-2023
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
He was at the top of his mental stamina coming into this game after the SB glow and this was the result. So you think somehow now he's going to collapse and play worse? Don't think so.
Will he ever play that badly again? Well, I think we all certainly hope not. But that performance probably significantly dropped his stock in the organization (he was pencilled in as the #1) AND will assumedly fuck with him mentally going forward after the fans are through with hating on him.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 09:40 PM 09-07-2023
The troubling thing is the drops are coming from Toney and Skyy… the supposed veterans… the guys the Chiefs were counting on to step up into starting roles this season.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 09:41 PM 09-07-2023
Week one does have a loooong history of being filled with fluky wins. However, Patrick Mahomes generally shines in September. Something is very wrong.
[Reply]
jamison69 09:41 PM 09-07-2023
kadarius toney is trash.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 09:41 PM 09-07-2023
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
The troubling thing is the drops are coming from Toney and Skyy… the supposed veterans… the guys the Chiefs were counting on to step up into starting roles this season.
LOL......veterans.

Those two would be gadget players for most contenders.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:41 PM 09-07-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
No, the argument, or at least any intelligent argument, is that you can't afford to pay premium free agent WR prices without damaging your ability to field a complete team. The argument is that you need to draft and develop your own stars, not pay for other teams'.

And we're one game into this thing, and people are already acting like the season is over and it's all a failure.

It's going to be okay. No Kelce, no Jones, and it still took a fluke pick 6.

Lions are good. Chiefs will get it figured out.
We sacrificed speed for bigger WR's and it showed. We need speed at WR.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 09:42 PM 09-07-2023
Originally Posted by Sassy Snatch:
Will he ever play that badly again? Well, I think we all certainly hope not. But that performance probably significantly dropped his stock in the organization (he was pencilled in as the #1) AND will assumedly fuck with him mentally going forward after the fans are through with hating on him.
There is 0 evidence he was penciled in as the #1 aside from one report from James Palmer which could've easily been pre-draft smoke.

He's a guy who had a horrible, horrible, terrible game.

I don't think he can get much lower than this.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 759
« First < 45678 91011121858108508 > Last »
Up