ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 22
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Damien Williams: is it time for a change?
dlphg9 09:54 PM 10-18-2019
I know the title is my own question, but I'm going to answer my own question. This guy has very clearly shown that last year was an absolute fluke. He can't do anything worth a shit and if Veach wouldn't have given him a stupid ass extension, then he'd be off this team. In what universe do you keep giving the ball to a guy that has 41 rushes for 70 yards and 1.7 ypc. This last game was absolute dog shit 11 total touches for 6 ****ing yards. Are you kidding me? He shouldn't touch the ball again.

Bad is an understatement. He's horrendous. Literally the absolute worst back in the league. There are 43 qualified players and he ranks 43rd in ypc. He's at 1.7 ypc and no one else is under 3.0 ypc. The distance between him and the 42nd rank player, Le'Veon Bell, is 1.3 ypc. The distance between Le'Veon Bell and the 20th ranked player, Chris Carson, is 1.3 ypc.

This is definitely something that needs brought up more. That's gotta be some kind of record for worst ever. We are seeing history boys. The absolute worst RB performance in the history of the game or close. I took off the hide non qualifiers filter and it looks even worse. He's 192 out of 227. There are only 5 other players with 10+ carries that average less ypc, it's pretty much a Who's Who of most electric runners in the league.

#194 Kalen Ballage - 22 car/36 yards/1.6 ypc/13 carries since being demoted from being a starter 3 games ago

#198 Joe Flacco - 11 car/11 yards/1.0 ypc/He's a statue of a QB. **** id hope Williams would have more ypc than this bum. Spoiler alert - all the rest of this list is the same. Statue QBs.

#208 Jared Goff
#210 Jimmy G.
#213 Tom Brady

Did some more research and going all the way back to 1999, so 20 other years, and the lowest ypc for qualified runners is 2.5 ypc in 1999. The average of all the lowest ypc is 2.9. I can't believe how bad that he has been. There is no way anyone can even try to defend him. He's the king of shit fest running backs and for Reid to continue to allow him to play is egregious.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:12 AM 10-20-2019
Originally Posted by TEX:
Naw, there were a lot of really stupid people on CP saying K Hunt would not be missed, mostly because of Damien Williams. We know Kareem Hunt is gone, but the stupid people who said it are still here. They need to be reminded how stupid they are so maybe they'll learn something.
I said he'd be missed for two years and then give us a shit massive headache when his contract came up what with RBs demanding they get paid like top WRs these days. I mean, I think they do.... just... I don't want my team to be one of them who has to give one of these RBs a deal like that.

We missed out on 2 years of Hunt and a comp pick.

Oh fucking well. Next man the fuck up.

Constantly bringing up Kareem Hunt is just annoying and it makes people look whiney. It's not a good look.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:16 AM 10-20-2019
I’d like to see Darwin get some of Damien’s snaps, specifically in the passing game.
[Reply]
Rausch 10:39 AM 10-20-2019
I'm more concerned with fixing the line. We have the league's fucking MVP at QB and we're throwing practice squad guys in there to protect him.

Yes, we need to fix the D but without Pat we got nothing. Protect him. We need a legit G and legit C who can play the game at a high level. We don't need to spend 1st round picks on them but we need to fix the damned line.

We have enough at HB to have a successful running game. Improve the line and we're fine...
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:47 AM 10-20-2019
Originally Posted by Rausch:
I'm more concerned with fixing the line. We have the league's fucking MVP at QB and we're throwing practice squad guys in there to protect him.

Yes, we need to fix the D but without Pat we got nothing. Protect him. We need a legit G and legit C who can play the game at a high level. We don't need to spend 1st round picks on them but we need to fix the damned line.

We have enough at HB to have a successful running game. Improve the line and we're fine...

THIS
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:16 PM 10-20-2019
Originally Posted by Rausch:
I'm more concerned with fixing the line. We have the league's ****ing MVP at QB and we're throwing practice squad guys in there to protect him.

That’s true, but if you add Fisher and Rankin continues to look like an improvement, we’re not so terrible there either.

No team is going to look great on the O line with that many injuries.
[Reply]
DTVietnam 04:01 AM 10-29-2019
Originally Posted by DTVietnam:
hes just not being used properly this year..Andys love affair of Shady is hurting this team

Shady cost us 1 game and almost cost us 2. .

are you all still rolling with Shady?...andys boy crush is hurting our team..Damien needs to be the man
[Reply]
Red Dawg 04:22 AM 10-29-2019
He been on 4 other teams. Williams is not very good. He better than a few blocks and get away from no one.
[Reply]
DTVietnam 04:33 AM 10-29-2019
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
He been on 4 other teams. Williams is not very good. He better than a few blocks and get away from no one.
This is a RB whos not very good in your eyes?

[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 04:44 AM 10-29-2019
There's a decent RB class coming out next year and we'd be crazy not to grab one imo. Folks talking about "protecting Pat"? Er hows about we protect him by getting a frikking running game for him then so he doesn't have to throw it a million times a game? I don't care what it takes...we have to find a running game next season.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:27 AM 10-29-2019
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
There's a decent RB class coming out next year and we'd be crazy not to grab one imo. Folks talking about "protecting Pat"? Er hows about we protect him by getting a frikking running game for him then so he doesn't have to throw it a million times a game? I don't care what it takes...we have to find a running game next season.
The running game in Reid's offense is less about the actual person with the ball and more about the scheme and offensive line play.

I don't know how many more ways to say it.
[Reply]
Lzen 07:28 AM 10-29-2019
I like Shady overall better than Damien. However, if Shady can't learn to not give the game away on fumbles then bench him. I think we need to look to try to find another diamond in the draft like Kareem Hunt. We have been missing that.

In any case, I don't know what his stats were Sunday night but from my seats, Damien looked good. And the best part, he didn't fumble it. Perhaps he was injured previously and that was the reason for not playing so well?
[Reply]
Lzen 07:29 AM 10-29-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
The running game in Reid's offense is less about the actual person with the ball and more about the scheme and offensive line play.

There's a lot of truth to that. However, you gotta admit that Kareem Hunt made a difference. Teams had to account for his ability to be a great runner as well as a great receiver.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 07:39 AM 10-29-2019

The running game in Reid's offense is barely an afterthought.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:42 AM 10-29-2019
Originally Posted by Lzen:
There's a lot of truth to that. However, you gotta admit that Kareem Hunt made a difference. Teams had to account for his ability to be a great runner as well as a great receiver.
Hunt's a great player.

It wouldn't make a dramatic difference right now.

The problems we have are 1)Reid forgetting that you're allowed to run the ball, and 2) massive offensive line injuries.

Add that to the fact that Reid requires lighter, quicker, more mobile offensive linemen to pull off his scheme in which nearly everyone must be able to pull all the way across the line at any time, and you're not going to have mauler-type linemen. You can run the ball, but it's always going to be mis-direction based and not a straight up Smash-mouth style. We're not suited for that up front and never will be. It's why we have issues in 3rd and 4th and short or goal-line situations stuffing it in. The trade-off is that we're pretty damned explosive as when it's run correctly, we get RB's into the second level untouched and if the linebackers misread the play, they might just be gone for 6.

So, like anything else, there are plusses and minuses.

The whole left side of our line has been bullshit all year; that's the problem. Shady's more elusive, and so that has helped him have a better average. Damien I think is the better receiver. I'd like to see more of Darrel as I think he's got potential to be better all around as a dual threat than either at this point in their careers. (Obviously not peak years Shady.) But nobody's going to look great until we get the line healthy and Fisher back. Fisher has been sorely underappreciated on this board.
[Reply]
Rasputin 07:48 AM 10-29-2019

Bottom line is Andy likes to pass and if he could pass it 100 times a game he would.

He tried to make Alex Smith a passing quarterback but Alex wouldn't pull the trigger but if it wasn't for Jamaal Charles our offense would have been nothing.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 22
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Up