ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 45
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>GIF'D UP! 2009
Hammock Parties 05:07 PM 09-14-2009
During the preseason Bernard Pollard sucked. I gif'd that fool up. He got cut. The gifs didn't lie!

The Chiefs are going to suck this year. Every week, someone's getting gif'd up. At least one person. Probably a lot more.

We're gonna point out every fraud on this football team!

First up: Branden Albert (moved to post #2 by DaFace)
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:22 AM 09-24-2009
Originally Posted by Rausch:
And this pisses me off.

The Belly-check way and the Parcells way are both all about the lines. D and O.

Yet, we do squat for our O line.

Rausch,

sitting here stupified...
The O-line was much better this week.

Especially Albert.

Waters has some splainin' to do, though.

But look at this beauty:

[Reply]
Rausch 04:26 AM 09-24-2009
Originally Posted by GoChiefs:
The O-line was much better this week.

Especially Albert.

Waters has some splainin' to do, though.
Better, definitely. Just look at our rushing yardage and LJ in particular.

I'm guessing that Charles is injured or Haley is both fucking insane and learning disabled.

But bad, still very fucking bad...
[Reply]
Hootie 07:50 AM 09-24-2009
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58:
A) LOL

B) Nice reaction by Cutler!
[Reply]
Hootie 07:51 AM 09-24-2009
Originally Posted by KnowMo2724:
What a douche. Cutler didn't even acknowledge that ref. He could have at least laughed or something, or look at him...

Not. A. Leader.
coming from the guy that used to have Cutler as his name on this site :-)
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 12:56 PM 09-24-2009
After watching the 1st quarter last night, I'd sure as hell like to know where this "sure fire" interception that Flowers missed is?
Because surely a football fan who knows their shit and is not a complete dumbass couldn't possibly be calling JaFatty's high velocity short pass that Flowers was in no way, shape, or form in a position to do anything other than get one hand out and knock it away, a "missed opportunity", yes?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:58 PM 09-24-2009
Originally Posted by Raised On Riots:
After watching the 1st quarter last night, I'd sure as hell like to know where this "sure fire" interception that Flowers missed is?
Because surely a football fan who knows their shit and is not a complete dumbass couldn't possibly be calling JaFatty's high velocity short pass that Flowers was in no way, shape, or form in a position to do anything other than get one hand out and knock it away, a "missed opportunity", yes?
Not only did Flowers seem to think he had a chance at it, so did Solomon Wilcots.

Just relax, I'm not gonna go Pollard on Flowers. :-)
[Reply]
jidar 01:03 PM 09-24-2009
Well there are easier balls to catch, but that was clearly a good opportunity for a pick.
[Reply]
orange 01:09 PM 09-24-2009
What you're describing is the same sort of reasoning that's become commonplace of calling every time a defender manages to touch a ballcarrier a "missed tackle" or every pass within reach a "dropped pass" no matter how unlikely.

I also love "you can't take a sack, there" - as if any quarterback ever actually chooses to be sacked.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:15 PM 09-24-2009
These gifs concern me more regarding coaching/preparation. It looks like the linemen aren't sure (at various times):

1) whom to block
2) to where their neighboring lineman should be blocking the opposing player
3) that another player is passing a defender to them.

Even if the skill of these players never gets better, a better (or even rudimentary) understanding of the protections/schemes will result in a massive improvement.

PS: Oh, and GoChiefs, stop SCREAMING at me. Damn, I get it, you're passionate, but enough with screaming every sentence!
[Reply]
aturnis 01:25 PM 09-24-2009
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
These gifs concern me more regarding coaching/preparation. It looks like the linemen aren't sure (at various times):

1) whom to block
2) to where their neighboring lineman should be blocking the opposing player
3) that another player is passing a defender to them.

Even if the skill of these players never gets better, a better (or even rudimentary) understanding of the protections/schemes will result in a massive improvement.
Definitely true, but I've got to defend the coach's here. As soon as Chan Gailey was relieved of his duties, there was pretty much an entirely new playbook put in place. A lot of people seem to believe there was only a new "twist" added or some new plays here and there, but that's not the case.

The players themselves have talked about how extensively the playbook was changed. I think it sounded more like a total re haul than not. Haley also commented on it a few times and the most noticeable change he commented on was blocking schemes.

The Oline got new blocking schemes just in time for the 4th preseason game. I would figure that after that game, anything that didn't seem to work well may have been slightly changed at that point too, although, nothing dramatic. The Oline looked lost, that's for sure, but they were running a new playbook with new blocking schemes.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 01:30 PM 09-24-2009
Originally Posted by GoChiefs:
Not only did Flowers seem to think he had a chance at it, so did Solomon Wilcots.

Just relax, I'm not gonna go Pollard on Flowers. :-)
14:25 on the clock; I'm not seeing it. :-)
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 01:31 PM 09-24-2009
Hey could you put up a gif of that devastating block where Bowe knocked the faider defender on his ass. It was on one of Cassels scrambles and it fired up the crowd.
[Reply]
ForeverChiefs58 01:44 PM 09-24-2009
Not only did it go right through his hands when he jumped the route, he had no one in front of him as the announcers pointed out, it would have been an easy touchdown the other way.
[Reply]
Coogs 02:11 PM 09-24-2009
I think it is in the 2nd quarter.

2-5-OAK 25 (2:49) 2-J.Russell pass incomplete short right to 12-D.Heyward-Bey (24-B.Flowers).
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 02:44 PM 09-24-2009
Originally Posted by Coogs:
I think it is in the 2nd quarter.

2-5-OAK 25 (2:49) 2-J.Russell pass incomplete short right to 12-D.Heyward-Bey (24-B.Flowers).
Okay, that sounds better. I'll check it out.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 45
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Up