ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 12
« First < 45678 9101112 >
Media Center>Christopher Nolan's 'Tenet'
BigBeauford 05:14 PM 09-05-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
I’d like to see Nolan go smaller scale again like Insomnia. A film I really liked.

He doesn’t need to go full scale audio/visual assault every time.
Memento is still his best film, and that has the budget of a college film school production.
[Reply]
Bowser 02:27 PM 09-06-2020
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
Memento is still his best film, and that has the budget of a college film school production.
Dark Knight and Interstellar say hol' up now.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 05:43 PM 09-06-2020
I’d like to see Nolan go smaller scale again like Insomnia. A film I really liked.

Originally Posted by Bowser:
Dark Knight and Interstellar say hol' up now.
1. Memento
2. Interstellar
3. Dark Knight
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 06:06 PM 09-06-2020
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
1. Memento
2. Interstellar
3. Dark Knight
Inception is better than Interstellar. Dark Knight is a classic.

I don't believe he has made a bad film.
[Reply]
sully1983 08:34 AM 09-09-2020

Kinda agree at this point. While I enjoyed TENET, it'd be refreshing & cool if he went smaller scale these days.

Would love for him to make a modern day British gangster film.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 08:51 AM 09-09-2020
Originally Posted by sully1983:
Kinda agree at this point. While I enjoyed TENET, it'd be refreshing & cool if he went smaller scale these days.

He can't write worth a shit, so this would probably suck. The best British gangster flicks are brilliantly written.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 09:05 AM 09-09-2020
Originally Posted by sully1983:

Its pretty obvious he desperately wants to make a Bond film.

except it would run in reverse or deal with time fucks in some manner.
[Reply]
JD10367 09:48 AM 09-09-2020
Its pretty obvious he desperately wants to make a Bond film.

except it would run in reverse or deal with time ****s in some manner.
Daniel Craig goes back in time in a Delorean to stop Libyan terrorists, and on the way he saves Buckbeak the Hippogriff. But he’s wearing a Bane mask for the whole film so you can’t hear a word.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 02:58 PM 09-07-2020
Just watched it. Kind of a mixed bag for me. I really liked the first half up until right after the freeway chase stuff. Then it just sort of lost me with all the inversion and time travel stuff. Then it got too long at the end, probably needed to be about 20 minutes shorter.

Nolan overindulged this time. Oh, and i cant say i agreed with the garbled dialogue stuff. Understand it was a artistic decision, but its frustrating for your audience for sure.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 05:49 PM 09-07-2020
Just watched it. Kind of a mixed bag for me. I really liked the first half up until right after the freeway chase stuff. Then it just sort of lost me with all the inversion and time travel stuff. Then it got too long at the end, probably needed to be about 20 minutes shorter.

Nolan overindulged this time. Oh, and i cant say i agreed with the garbled dialogue stuff. Understand it was a artistic decision, but its frustrating for your audience for sure.

[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:12 AM 09-08-2020
It's so interesting that I had no problem with the dialogue at a drive-in (through the car radio). Maybe it is the sound setting at the theaters that is the issue.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 07:21 AM 09-08-2020
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
It's so interesting that I had no problem with the dialogue at a drive-in (through the car radio). Maybe it is the sound setting at the theaters that is the issue.
Perhaps it depends what on the theater sound settings some. But not all? Your telling me you could make out every line during the sailboat scene? Or when soldiers were wearing masks?

Some of it was accent related? For instance John David Washington I could make out pretty well for most of his dialogue, but the British guys I had some problems with at times.

I saw this in a brand new theater with state of the art sound too. I will say that the bass was extremely heavy so it potentially can drown out dialogue.

Dane can probably explain some of the sound issues better.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 06:19 PM 09-08-2020
Perhaps it depends what on the theater sound settings some. But not all? Your telling me you could make out every line during the sailboat scene? Or when soldiers were wearing masks?

Some of it was accent related? For instance John David Washington I could make out pretty well for most of his dialogue, but the British guys I had some problems with at times.

I saw this in a brand new theater with state of the art sound too. I will say that the bass was extremely heavy so it potentially can drown out dialogue.

Dane can probably explain some of the sound issues better.
I could hear everything fine for the most part, yeah. Didn't make understanding the movie for most of it any easier, though.
[Reply]
listopencil 07:14 AM 09-08-2020
Saw it. Got a big meh from me. I was expecting much more, I was expecting a much better movie. The time travel elements were kind of dumb. They were used as an excuse for special effects and to push a plot along that comes straight out of a cookie cutter spy movie, complete with cookie cutter spy movie characters. There were some interesting and fun parts to it. I wouldn't call it a bad movie. Just not really all that good of a movie either. It's forgettable.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 07:24 AM 09-08-2020
Originally Posted by listopencil:
Saw it. Got a big meh from me. I was expecting much more, I was expecting a much better movie. The time travel elements were kind of dumb. They were used as an excuse for special effects and to push a plot along that comes straight out of a cookie cutter spy movie, complete with cookie cutter spy movie characters. There were some interesting and fun parts to it. I wouldn't call it a bad movie. Just not really all that good of a movie either. It's forgettable.
Pretty much how I felt. It’s not boring, it’s entertaining....obviously extremely well crafted. Just hard to follow in the last hour or so.

The going backwards thing was kinda hokey I agree.

Feelings are very mixed right now. I’ll watch it again next year on HBOmax.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 12
« First < 45678 9101112 >
Up