ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 8
« First < 45678
Nzoner's Game Room>Kansas City prepares to roll out new recycling carts
Hammock Parties 03:41 PM 05-24-2024
Originally Posted by Delano:
Even hood rats feel empathy for weakness. Looks like a geezer lives there.
They skip my house when they see the Murano and the ramp. It's the perfect front to deter theft.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 05:53 PM 05-24-2024
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Shut up bitch the house came this way and it's convenient to have in multiple ways. You know how many hood rats might have stolen my packages without this sweet baby? It's also a great dog catcher when my stupid coonhound tries to get out the front door and play in traffic.
In some ways, I wish we had the ramp that was built for construction. We have a friend in a wheel chair. You would not believe what she had to have done---and her husband is a saint among men. I would rather have her wheel in than use her walker.

We put in a hand rail for her, but a ramp would be better. We go to their house a lot because of it.
[Reply]
wazu 02:48 PM 05-24-2024
Trash carts? That seems unnecessary. Am I supposed to limit our trash to what fits in that thing now?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:59 PM 05-24-2024
Originally Posted by wazu:
Trash carts? That seems unnecessary. Am I supposed to limit our trash to what fits in that thing now?
You can fill the cart and have two extra bags.
[Reply]
wazu 03:20 PM 05-24-2024
Okay that is pretty sweet.
[Reply]
excessive 09:37 AM 05-25-2024
Extra bags need to be tagged, which means purchasing the same excess trash tags that were necessary previously when placing more than two bags curbside. Cost is $2.50 per tag, and tags are available at Price Chopper and Westlake Hardware.
[Reply]
wazu 09:48 AM 05-25-2024
Originally Posted by excessive:
Extra bags need to be tagged, which means purchasing the same excess trash tags that were necessary previously when placing more than two bags curbside. Cost is $2.50 per tag, and tags are available at Price Chopper and Westlake Hardware.
Ugh! Okay this sucks again. Fuck these stupid trash bins.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:57 AM 05-25-2024
Not around here I bet. They basically pick up anything. They know the hood will be a landfill if they don't. :-)
[Reply]
Bob Dole 02:43 PM 05-25-2024
Not around here I bet. They basically pick up anything. They know the hood will be a landfill if they don't. :-)
Texarkana was so trashy in the 1960s that it was completely rat infested. (I posted the tv news video on YouTube years ago.) To solve the problem, trash service is a line item on your water bill. They provide a regular trash can and a recycle trash can. Idiots still throw trash out of the car window, but the trash cans help.
[Reply]
KC_Lee 03:07 PM 05-25-2024
Always found contractor bags solved the more than 2 bags of trash issue for me. Can usually get 4 - 5 bags of trash into a single contractor bag.
[Reply]
srvy 07:01 PM 05-25-2024
Originally Posted by KC_Lee:
Always found contractor bags solved the more than 2 bags of trash issue for me. Can usually get 4 - 5 bags of trash into a single contractor bag.
I can't remember if it's 40 or 60 lb weight limit in kcmo per bag. I never have seen it enforced though.

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:02 AM 05-25-2024
Wow look out for these scumbuckets.

Originally Posted by :
Please be aware: "Kansas City disposal" came to our door a few weeks ago. Now we suddenly have a contract, bill and trash cans. We didn’t sign a contract. Canceled today, but had to really be pushy. Trash cans are still on our property, as of right now.

The same thing happened to me last night. They stopped by, I visited with the salesman with genuine interest on rates and switching from our current provider. By 8 pm, I had a signed contract in my email… that I never signed. Super shady business practice. They’ll never get a penny from me.

They did the same with a friend of mine in Raytown. Dumped off a trash container and sent a $71 bill that starts in June. Very shady

[Reply]
Bob Dole 03:11 PM 05-25-2024
Here’s what happens when your town is covered in trash.

https://youtu.be/U2BrxLaj5Ac?si=-OK7osIzrC4ycbUn
[Reply]
Valiant 03:39 PM 05-26-2024
Yeah. Trying to figure out what the catch is. Just under 35 a cart.

KC doesn't really recycle though. It is sold off to other countries.
Maybe the carts limit trash size? I used the giant construction bags. But I also might have one bag every 3 weeks.

City still can't figure out the roadside trash issue from these.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 8
« First < 45678
Up