ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 10
« First < 45678 910 >
Media Center>Why does everybody hate Nickelback?
Frazod 10:38 AM 02-15-2019
Fuck grunge, and double-fuck Nirvana. The best thing Kurt Cobain ever did was blow his fucking head off.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:42 AM 02-15-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Fuck grunge, and double-fuck Nirvana. The best thing Kurt Cobain ever did was blow his fucking head off.
I kinda like Alice in Chains and Soundgarden. The rest? No thanks at all.

Not a nu metal fan either.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 11:14 AM 02-15-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I kinda like Alice in Chains and Soundgarden. The rest? No thanks at all.

Not a nu metal fan either.
For the most part, i like it all. I like most rock genres from the 60's-...i guess now.

Grundge, Nu-Metal, Metal, 90's alternative rock, punk rock, classic rock, 80's hair metal, Southern Folk-Rock, international punk rock (idk wtf they're saying, but it rocks) Stoner Metal, Psych Rock etc.

I also have a lot of modern hip hop as well as the stuff from the 90's and early 2K.

:-) just looking over my spotify i have a dubstep playlist as well as an Epic Battle Music playlist.

Suffice to say, my Spotify Discover Weekly doesn't know wtf to do with me.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:22 AM 02-15-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
For the most part, i like it all. I like most rock genres from the 60's-...i guess now.

Grundge, Nu-Metal, Metal, 90's alternative rock, punk rock, classic rock, 80's hair metal, Southern Folk-Rock, international punk rock (idk wtf they're saying, but it rocks) Stoner Metal, Psych Rock etc.

I also have a lot of modern hip hop as well as the stuff from the 90's and early 2K.

:-) just looking over my spotify i have a dubstep playlist as well as an Epic Battle Music playlist.

Suffice to say, my Spotify Discover Weekly doesn't know wtf to do with me.
I have a lot of respect for all genres of music but I'm kind of a "technique" guy. I prefer prog and metal, classic rock, stoner/doom, experimental, and basically anything that features super-technically-proficient musicians.

That's why I don't really like Nirvana - Kurt Cobain played the guitar like Lil' Wayne, which is an insult to guitar players everywhere.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 04:54 PM 02-15-2019

That's why I don't really like Nirvana - Kurt Cobain played the guitar like Lil' Wayne, which is an insult to guitar players everywhere.
The simplicity is part of the original allure imo. I've lost countless hours playing basic, simple Nirvana songs.

Come as you are, smells like teen spirit.....easy to learn and fun to play.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 06:28 AM 02-16-2019
**** grunge, and double-**** Nirvana. The best thing Kurt Cobain ever did was blow his ****ing head off.
Well, I can't stand his music but Cobain's suicide ensured that he became a musical martyr which means he will be around forever.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 05:53 PM 02-18-2019
:-)

I listened to Nirvana quite a bit growing up.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 11:06 AM 02-15-2019
People dislike Nickelback because they're popular to dislike. Their music may be commercial (So what) but there's nothing abnormal about it that warrants so much criticism.

They're victims of being one of the original internet Memes.

I didn't even realize i've heard their music until i checked today. Didn't realize it was them that made some of these songs. Some of them are catchy, commercial or not. Far, far from the worst band.
[Reply]
Dayze 12:07 PM 02-15-2019
that's always been my gripe about Nirvana, specifically Cobain.
Sounded like he bought a guitar at a pawn shop 2 months earlier, then formed a band and got signed to a record deal.

I don't need Yngwie Malmsteen proficiency on every song but damn....some of the Nivana songs were just.......lame.
I've mellowed over the years, but I can only tolerate Nirvana in very very small doses because in the back of my mind I'm like "jesus....THIS guy got a record deal"?
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:15 PM 02-15-2019
Originally Posted by Dayze:
that's always been my gripe about Nirvana, specifically Cobain.
Sounded like he bought a guitar at a pawn shop 2 months earlier, then formed a band and got signed to a record deal.

I don't need Yngwie Malmsteen proficiency on every song but damn....some of the Nivana songs were just.......lame.
I've mellowed over the years, but I can only tolerate Nirvana in very very small doses because in the back of my mind I'm like "jesus....THIS guy got a record deal"?
Yeah, I don't need Malmsteen on every song either (although I'll take it). I just need more than 3 or 4 chords. That's why I don't like Nirvana...or Nickelback, for that matter.

It's just too simplistic for me.
[Reply]
Dayze 12:18 PM 02-15-2019
Yeah, I don't need Malmsteen on every song either (although I'll take it). I just need more than 3 or 4 chords. That's why I don't like Nirvana...or Nickelback, for that matter.

It's just too simplistic for me.
yep; same here.
[Reply]
scho63 01:42 PM 02-15-2019
I just think it has turned into a mythical legend like Rick Roll
[Reply]
lewdog 06:41 PM 02-17-2019
Frazod, what are some of your favorite bands?
[Reply]
Frazod 01:55 PM 02-18-2019
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Frazod, what are some of your favorite bands?
My musical likes and dislikes were solidified in the mid/late 70s. My favorites are the Eagles, Boston, Queen, Pink Floyd, Van Halen, AC/DC, Journey, Def Leppard, Fleetwood Mac, Cheap Trick, and other bands of that era. From the 80s, I picked up bands like Night Ranger, Poison, Cinderella and GNR.

I hate grunge. I hated it more than I hated disco.
[Reply]
SuperChief 04:54 PM 02-18-2019
My musical likes and dislikes were solidified in the mid/late 70s. My favorites are the Eagles, Boston, Queen, Pink Floyd, Van Halen, AC/DC, Journey, Def Leppard, Fleetwood Mac, Cheap Trick, and other bands of that era. From the 80s, I picked up bands like Night Ranger, Poison, Cinderella and GNR.

I hate grunge. I hated it more than I hated disco.
Lots of old man up in this piece. Screamin' at the air old man. Sheesh. Explains MUCHO.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 10
« First < 45678 910 >
Up