ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 11
« First < 45678 91011 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>The possibility of keeping Alex Smith.
RealSNR 03:51 PM 09-17-2017
Alex Smith had an Alex Smith game?

I'm shocked. SHOCKED I TELL YOU
[Reply]
threebag 04:29 PM 09-17-2017
75% completion percentage, 251 yards, 1 Touchdown, QBR 113.0 just an average day...
[Reply]
Molitoth 09:02 AM 09-18-2017
Originally Posted by threebag02:
75% completion percentage, 251 yards, 1 Touchdown, QBR 113.0 just an average day...
Pretty much. Average.
[Reply]
milkman 10:14 AM 09-20-2017
Numbers mean jack.

But it should be clear to anyone that can see, that Alex is playing a different game than he has ever played.

But at the end of the day, this should still be his last year as a Chief.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 06:47 PM 09-20-2017
Originally Posted by milkman:
Numbers mean jack.

But it should be clear to anyone that can see, that Alex is playing a different game than he has ever played.

But at the end of the day, this should still be his last year as a Chief.
And it will be.

And the CP e-parade is going to be one for the ages!
[Reply]
threebag 11:37 AM 09-20-2017
I only put the numbers up for the clowns

Yes, Alex is kicking ass

Respectfully no, he will be a Chief beyond seasons end :-)
[Reply]
kccrow 04:37 PM 09-20-2017
I only put the numbers up for the clowns

Yes, Alex is kicking ass

Respectfully no, he will be a Chief beyond seasons end :-)
I have serious doubts.

1. If the Chiefs keep Alex through 2018, the only opportunity they have to be compensated for letting him go would be a 2020 compensatory selection. If they instead trade him at season's end, they stand to acquire a better draft choice earlier in Mahomes' career which could help with continuing to fortify the cast around him.

2. The Chiefs are not in a prime position from a cap standpoint to sit on Alex's contract through 2018, especially if they chose to retain either Johnson or Hali in the last year of their respective deals.

3. The Chiefs have an opportunity to cash in on Mahomes minimal contract for four years rather than three, and at the same time give him more playing experience before that minimal contract expires.

4. Extending Alex is equally prohibitive to the further growth of Mahomes and the cap situation given impending contracts of some of the team's best players.

The Chiefs would be idiots to keep Smith beyond this season.
[Reply]
Black Bob 06:49 AM 10-09-2017
The possibility of keeping Alex looks more and more likely each
Week. If we go to the Super Bowl, I guarantee we keep him. He is a master of this offense
[Reply]
Direckshun 07:18 AM 10-09-2017
Originally Posted by Black Bob:
The possibility of keeping Alex looks more and more likely each
Week. If we go to the Super Bowl, I guarantee we keep him. He is a master of this offense
I absolutely don't know how you let him go at this point.
[Reply]
O.city 09:28 AM 10-09-2017
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
I absolutely don't know how you let him go at this point.
If the jags called and offered two 1st rounders?
[Reply]
BryanBusby 10:06 AM 10-09-2017
You send him off to the highest bidder.
[Reply]
Direckshun 12:09 PM 10-09-2017
Originally Posted by O.city:
Deal.
[Reply]
OldSchool 10:42 PM 10-09-2017
Originally Posted by O.city:
Deal unless he leads the Chiefs to a Superbowl appearance/victory. Then you almost have to extend/keep him for another year or two and see if you can repeat the next year.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:24 AM 10-09-2017
I'm fine with Alex being here in 2018 if he takes us to the SB. It's not the end of the world. Nobosy outside of the "Alex hatred no matter what cult" will be bitching if he restructures his last year and keeps playing like he is now.

I think it would be foolish to keep him beyond 2018 though. At 35, his time is very close to being over for the type of QB he is. I know he says he has 5 more years left in him, but history doesn't agree with QB's who play like him.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 06:05 PM 10-09-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I'm fine with Alex being here in 2018 if he takes us to the SB. It's not the end of the world. Nobosy outside of the "Alex hatred no matter what cult" will be bitching if he restructures his last year and keeps playing like he is now.

I think it would be foolish to keep him beyond 2018 though. At 35, his time is very close to being over for the type of QB he is. I know he says he has 5 more years left in him, but history doesn't agree with QB's who play like him.
As I said elsewhere, the wonderful thing about Smith's play is that he's driving his trade stock through the roof while simultaneously making his domestic price out of reach.
He'd have to take one hell of a team-friendly deal to stay in KC, and I don't see that happening.

EDIT:
Who's going to take a "team-friendly" when the team has already made it clear that they have drafted your replacement?
A: No one with ANY self-respect, that's who.

Thank you John Dorsey, you brilliant, brilliant man. :-)
[Reply]
Page 8 of 11
« First < 45678 91011 >
Up