ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Where would you like to move in the good old USA or Internationally
I would never move I live in paradise. (Where do you live) 13 20.31%
i would never move out of the USA but I could see myself living in? 12 18.75%
If the country has problems I would consider moving internationally. My points of interest are? 12 18.75%
I would love to live internationally at some point. My points of interest are? 27 42.19%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll
Page 8 of 21
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Moving Nationally or Internationally
Kiimo 01:55 PM 08-01-2018

[Reply]
jgk1982 06:49 AM 08-02-2018
Would love to move to Hawaii. I love the idea of living near the beach since I love to surf.
[Reply]
scho63 07:22 AM 08-04-2018
I lived for a year in Toronto Canada and it was pretty much like living in the US only freezing cold at times. They have an AWESOME underground connector system to move from building to building during the winter, similar to Hong Kong.

Lots to do and a really underrated city IMHO during the summer.

I would love to live in Italy, Greece, Cayman Islands (almost did before I moved to AZ), and I may have a chance to live in the Philippines soon.

In the US I love Scottsdale even the blazing hot summer and a city like San Diego is really nice and I could live there. Loved Mountain View CA but it has just gotten crazy expensive and crazy left so no desire anymore.

Hate Florida and not a fan of Texas. Maybe coastal Georgia like Jekyll Island or Hilton Head SC.

Even though I am no country and western fan, I found Nashville to be a shockingly neat and larger city than I imagined.

Raleigh Durham and Charlotte also livable.
[Reply]
olout 07-10-2020, 03:00 AM
This message has been deleted by DaFace. Reason: spam
tmax63 07:23 AM 07-10-2020
Don't get me started on bugs and humidity.
[Reply]
tyecopeland 07:26 AM 07-10-2020
My family and I are going to move to Costa Rica as soon we can.
[Reply]
Randallflagg 08:24 AM 07-10-2020
Growing up in the military - then serving 22 years myself, I have lived in nearly every country. Wife and I try to get back to Scotland every other year or so. LOVE it there.

Although I was born in England (Lancashire) I could never live anywhere near London. Nope - ain't gonna happen.

I was stationed in Germany during the 70s and I actually loved it. I speak fairly fluent German (Thanks Grandad!) so I had no trouble assimilating quickly. I thought seriously about retiring from the Army and remaining in Heidelberg - but I decided to come back home.

Lived in nearly every state in the Union and we just finished out second home in Wyoming - but Kansas remains our "home town".
[Reply]
oldman 09:49 AM 07-10-2020
I'd need about 4 places and the money to maintain them all. Marin County, Ca. for summer, Key West for winter, and a split between the KC area and the south of France for fall and spring.
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:56 AM 07-10-2020
I've been doing a locational analysis of retirement locations, taking into account taxes, housing costs, and cost of living. If folks are interested, I'll post the results. I just finished it this week and looked at 80+ locations (nearly all in the USA, mostly in the west but with some other places like Florida.

Tax structure makes a big difference in retirement, depending on how you get your income.
[Reply]
Warrior5 10:17 AM 07-10-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I've been doing a locational analysis of retirement locations, taking into account taxes, housing costs, and cost of living. If folks are interested, I'll post the results. I just finished it this week and looked at 80+ locations (nearly all in the USA, mostly in the west but with some other places like Florida.

Tax structure makes a big difference in retirement, depending on how you get your income.
Would love to see this, Rainman.
My wife and I both grew up in San Diego; perfect thru high school, but would never retire there.
If I could afford it, somewhere in the Bavarian Alps. I'm fairly fluent in German, people there are awesome, as are food, hefeweizen, and scenery. But not an option.
Current job keeps me here in Kansas, but we're considering western South Dakota or Wyoming once I retire. Low humidity, not brutally cold in winter, beautiful scenery, and great tax situation.
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:30 AM 07-10-2020
Originally Posted by Warrior5:
Would love to see this, Rainman.
My wife and I both grew up in San Diego; perfect thru high school, but would never retire there.
If I could afford it, somewhere in the Bavarian Alps. I'm fairly fluent in German, people there are awesome, as are food, hefeweizen, and scenery. But not an option.
Current job keeps me here in Kansas, but we're considering western South Dakota or Wyoming once I retire. Low humidity, not brutally cold in winter, beautiful scenery, and great tax situation.
Cool. I'm figuring out how to organize the cities now, and once I do that I'll start putting them up. I included a couple of places in western SD and in WY, and they stack up really well due to friendly tax structures.
[Reply]
tatorhog 10:19 AM 07-10-2020
If its domestic, I'm staying in rural KS. unzoned property, relatively cheap acreage, I can basically do whatever I want. I don't have the mountains or the ocean, but simply being able to build or do whatever I want easily offsets that.

If I'm moving internationally, I would try for Ascension Island. I looked into a few years back when going through my divorce. Its very remote, relatively unheard of, and stable.
[Reply]
Rain Man 12:00 PM 07-10-2020
Originally Posted by tatorhog:
If its domestic, I'm staying in rural KS. unzoned property, relatively cheap acreage, I can basically do whatever I want. I don't have the mountains or the ocean, but simply being able to build or do whatever I want easily offsets that.

If I'm moving internationally, I would try for Ascension Island. I looked into a few years back when going through my divorce. Its very remote, relatively unheard of, and stable.
That's an unusual retirement destination, but it would be interesting.

I went to Easter Island for my 50th birthday, and I think I could live there. It's a small population, but with the tourist economy there were good restaurants, and the island is beautiful. There were some big roaches, but maybe you get used to those.

It's such a small island, as is Ascension, that I don't know if it would eventually make me feel boxed in, though. You can't do much of a road trip in those places.
[Reply]
scho63 04:47 PM 07-10-2020

Sounds like your a hermit, anti-social or the Unibomber.

You're not writing any manifesto's at this time are you? :-)
[Reply]
stumppy 05:27 PM 07-10-2020

Going out on a limb but I'll guess they don't have an extradition treaty with the USA.:-)
[Reply]
Page 8 of 21
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Up