ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 9
« First < 45678 9 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Belichick done in NE
SHOWTIME 06:13 AM 01-11-2024

🚨 🚨 🚨

The #Patriots are moving on and so is the greatest coach of all time.

Bill Belichick won’t be New England’s coach in 2024, per me and @TomPelissero, as his celebrated 24-year tenure, one that included 6 Super Bowl wins, is over. A new era awaits. pic.twitter.com/QRqfe2lkHh

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) January 11, 2024

[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 10:04 PM 01-11-2024
Originally Posted by tk13:
I said this earlier this year but to me the out of left field dark horse is Buffalo. If they go out there and lay another egg in the playoffs I could see it. The Cowboys would be another team like that, but I don't know if Belichick could work with Jerry Jones or not.
BB won't go to Dallas. He hates the media so much, him going there would be a nightmare for him.

Falcons might work or the Chargers.

Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Am I the only sane person here who sees that Bill's act doesn't ****ing work in the modern NFL?

THAT guy is going to clean up one of these talented but undisciplined teams? 72-year old mumble grandpa? Do your job, pick up the damn wrappers around the facility, and hire a coaching staff of basically nothing but defensive guys and your own silverspooned offspring? That's all it takes to turn one of those teams around?

****ing bullshit. Let him coach the Chargers or the Raiders. I welcome him to the AFC West. Only thing I truly worry about is him tanking the teams so hard that they escape their current cycle of mediocrity by getting 100% gutted.
I think BB can still coach in the modern NFL if he has enough talent on O. He still has a great mind for defense and despite his age, he still is a workaholic. As far as a GM - he is terrible.
[Reply]
wazu 10:10 PM 01-11-2024

#BREAKING: Bill Belichick, who lost two Super Bowls to the Giants, expected to part ways with Patriots later today, reports say, as 24-year tenure ends with regular season loss to Jets https://t.co/dgNyNYBEWu

— NBC New York (@NBCNewYork) January 11, 2024

[Reply]
Frazod 10:28 PM 01-11-2024
Originally Posted by wazu:
That's one way of putting it..... :-)
[Reply]
tk13 10:34 PM 01-11-2024
Am I the only sane person here who sees that Bill's act doesn't ****ing work in the modern NFL?

THAT guy is going to clean up one of these talented but undisciplined teams? 72-year old mumble grandpa? Do your job, pick up the damn wrappers around the facility, and hire a coaching staff of basically nothing but defensive guys and your own silverspooned offspring? That's all it takes to turn one of those teams around?

****ing bullshit. Let him coach the Chargers or the Raiders. I welcome him to the AFC West. Only thing I truly worry about is him tanking the teams so hard that they escape their current cycle of mediocrity by getting 100% gutted.
This is exactly why I suggested Buffalo. The Falcons are a better situation if he wants all the assets to build everything his way, but the alternative plan is to go somewhere like Buffalo or the Chargers where the QB is already there and he can just build the defense and running game around him, which is something I think Belichick can still do.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:38 PM 01-11-2024

It could probably work for a few years like Bill Snyders return if the team has a good QB
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 02:22 AM 01-12-2024
It's almost a shock none the less.
[Reply]
Rausch 03:41 AM 01-12-2024
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
It's almost a shock none the less.
Yup.
If even this dude has 0 loyalty to him after a billion SB's you know there's none left in the league.

It's not so much "can you do it" these days it's more "are you doing it right now?..."
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:50 PM 01-12-2024
Shitshow :-)

https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/sto...as-patriot-way

Originally Posted by :
Brady and Belichick and Kraft were no longer fighting for credit. Brady had claimed that credit undeniably on the most public stage in sports. His seventh title meant Bill and Bob were now fighting not to be blamed. Both men sent Brady congratulatory texts, but they had lost control of the narrative of their own careers -- and they both knew that the team celebrating a seventh title should have been their team, and that wound began to fester.

"Bill had told me he couldn't play anymore," Kraft said privately afterward, "and then he goes out and wins the f---ing Super Bowl."
Originally Posted by :
Belichick had sent clear signals internally for weeks that he thought he was coaching his final games for the Patriots. He also made it clear that he was ready to move on, telling confidants that Robert Kraft and his son, team president Jonathan Kraft, had eroded the culture he had built over two decades.

Belichick believed the erosion had been going on for a while, at least since Brady's last season in New England.

[Reply]
Bowser 05:52 PM 01-12-2024
You just hate to see it
[Reply]
Frazod 05:54 PM 01-12-2024
Originally Posted by Bowser:
You just hate to see it

[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 06:01 PM 01-12-2024
I don’t think bellichick has any idea how to develop a qb not named Brady. However… what if he goes to a team that already has a decent qb. Pats were bad but their defense was pretty good.

Also if schefters right that there’s a playoff team in play, while Dallas is in play… I kind of think Cleveland is too. Talk about taking care of unfinished business after the modells fucked everyone over.

Also, fuck bellichick
[Reply]
displacedinMN 10:25 PM 01-12-2024
Originally Posted by O.city:
The Spanos family isn't paying Jim Harbaugh
I thought that as soon as the rumor started.
He is a cheap ass. Rapes the team of money and uses someone elses stadium

He is Alan Harper on Two and a Half Men.
[Reply]
-King- 05:56 PM 01-13-2024
If you guys want to have a laugh...

On ESPN @AdamSchefter says the #Patriots are in no hurry to hire a GM “and may even wait until after the draft” to hire one.

— Andy Hart (@JumboHart) January 13, 2024

[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:02 PM 01-13-2024
Originally Posted by -King-:
If you guys want to have a laugh...

LOL

they've learned nothing.
[Reply]
kevrunner 10:49 PM 06-14-2024
Belichick surprised me with this, but he does look good for being 72 years old.

Bill Belichick is reportedly dating 24-year-old former cheerleader Jordon Hudson, per @TMZ_Sports pic.twitter.com/THDjR7tQeI

— Dov Kleiman (@NFL_DovKleiman) June 14, 2024

[Reply]
Page 8 of 9
« First < 45678 9 >
Up