ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 8
« First < 45678
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official Can the Royals Win One Game Against the ****ing Yankees GDT - June 13***
Dartgod 06:14 AM 06-13-2024
I'll take a shot at my GDT mojo.

Can we just take one game from these ****ers?

1:10 PM Start today and it's going to be HOT!

Nestor Cortes LHP
3-5 3.65 ERA

vs.

Alec Marsh RHP
5-3 4.05 ERA
[Reply]
GeorgeZimZam 04:02 PM 06-13-2024
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
You all keep saying the same shit, but it makes absolutely no sense. Explain to me how this team isn't a contender? They have the 4th highest run differential in the AL and the 6th/7th highest in the MLB. They have the 4th best record in the AL and the 7th best in the ML. They're 5th in the entire ML in runs scored and 11th in runs allowed. They are 25-14 at home and 15-16 on the road.

So how the fuck is this team not a contender?
You know as well as I do the bullpen is a liability. And as good as the starting pitching was to start the season, where they stand at the end of the season will require guys like Brady Singer to not regress to previous, dreadful levels of performance. Yes, the run differential is impressive and undeniable. But I’m not convinced it will be a lasting trend. I know you won’t like that answer, but it is hard to put faith in a roster with as many below replacement level guys as this one features. Do you really have legitimate faith in our supporting cast? Does our featured cast even have enough players to justify unwavering optimism?

I want you to be right, believe it or not. But I’m not inclined to join the chorus of “The Royals have officially arrived, quit nitpicking!” posters. I don’t begrudge you. If you can circle back in October and shame me, I’ll be as thrilled as you that I’ll have to eat crow. You won’t even have to force feed me. I’m just not as optimistic as you. The franchise’s track record has quite a bit to do with that.
[Reply]
cmh6476 04:03 PM 06-13-2024
:-)
[Reply]
big nasty kcnut 04:31 PM 06-13-2024
Fuck the yankmees! The good guys win!
[Reply]
Why Not? 04:31 PM 06-13-2024
Nothing wrong with being realistic on both sides. The Royals so far are a much improved team who play an exciting brand of baseball. They have some excellent numbers thus far. One number that can't be ignored is that they are 3-7 vs the top 2 teams in the AL. So, are they a contender? Depends what you mean. For the playoffs? As of June 13th, absolutely. To win a pennant or beyond? Only in the sense that they Pittsburgh Steelers were a contender for the Super Bowl last year in that you have a greater than 0% chance if you make the tournament. But this current team as it's constructed doesn't have the horses to regularly beat the top teams (as evidenced by the 3-7 record). Great pitching (like the kind you face in the playoffs) can keep the Royals top guys at bay and destroy the MJ Melendez types. Great hitters (like the kind you face in the playoffs) will feast on the Nick Andersons types. Will the Royals make moves to improve those areas? We shall see. But it is becoming more and more clear that we will have an enjoyable summer of baseball and should finish over .500 That's good enough for me (and most reasonable fans) for a team that won 56 games last year.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 04:55 PM 06-13-2024
Big win pepper big win
[Reply]
Pablo 05:06 PM 06-13-2024
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
Nothing wrong with being realistic on both sides. The Royals so far are a much improved team who play an exciting brand of baseball. They have some excellent numbers thus far. One number that can't be ignored is that they are 3-7 vs the top 2 teams in the AL. So, are they a contender? Depends what you mean. For the playoffs? As of June 13th, absolutely. To win a pennant or beyond? Only in the sense that they Pittsburgh Steelers were a contender for the Super Bowl last year in that you have a greater than 0% chance if you make the tournament. But this current team as it's constructed doesn't have the horses to regularly beat the top teams (as evidenced by the 3-7 record). Great pitching (like the kind you face in the playoffs) can keep the Royals top guys at bay and destroy the MJ Melendez types. Great hitters (like the kind you face in the playoffs) will feast on the Nick Andersons types. Will the Royals make moves to improve those areas? We shall see. But it is becoming more and more clear that we will have an enjoyable summer of baseball and should finish over .500 That's good enough for me (and most reasonable fans) for a team that won 56 games last year.
The Royals didn't win their 40th game until August 18th last year.

This is just a smidge better this year.
[Reply]
dlphg9 05:26 PM 06-13-2024
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
This team is significantly better in pretty much ever facet of the game excluding relief pitching. If that team could make the WS, then this team can. All it takes is one hot streak at the right time and anything could happen. If the Royals make the playoffs, then their chances of going all the way are significantly higher than the Steelers were. You can't even compare the two situations.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 07:44 PM 06-13-2024
Originally Posted by GeorgeZimZam:
LOL Nah, we're just realistic. We want a real contender. No reason to fault the pessimists/realists. We don't get a turn at the dish, nor do we have a blown save to our names. We don't even want to be right. We're just honest.
I dunno Zim. 70 games in and I think this team can compete for a WC. The roster has some warts, but they play hard and are expecting to win. To beat Holmes in that situation is a jewel in the crown.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 12:28 PM 06-14-2024
Originally Posted by MAG:
Everyone outside of about Bobby Witt and Alec Marsh seem intimidated and scared of the Yankees. It's one thing if you're getting beat by Judge and Soto, but we're getting owned by some horrific hitters at the bottom of their lineup. And letting Nestor Cortes (who has been very bad on the road) deal for 7 innings?
Zim, I want you to take a close look at this ^^ post above. THIS is an emotional post by an emotional poster.

“Owned by horrific hitters at the bottom of the lineup”.

Let’s take a look at that. Overall the entire Yankee lineup was a sizzling 5/31. A blistering .161. The bottom of the Yankee lineup…**** that the Yankee lineup 3-9 was a solid and spectacular .130. So, not exactly sure what game this vulva was watching, but I saw a much different game.

Pretty solid post by a guy named VAG.
[Reply]
GeorgeZimZam 03:02 PM 06-14-2024
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish:
Zim, I want you to take a close look at this ^^ post above. THIS is an emotional post by an emotional poster.

“Owned by horrific hitters at the bottom of the lineup”.

Let’s take a look at that. Overall the entire Yankee lineup was a sizzling 5/31. A blistering .161. The bottom of the Yankee lineup…**** that the Yankee lineup 3-9 was a solid and spectacular .130. So, not exactly sure what game this vulva was watching, but I saw a much different game.

Pretty solid post by a guy named VAG.
Yessir. Let's have a look.

This one was much more difficult to read in the Wilfred Brimley or Vin Scully voices in which I'm accustomed to reading your posts. I did give it a college try, though.

I do see your point here. But to MAG's credit, he certainly didn't lash out at other posters, nor use any profanity. Not as emotional as it was an embellishment. Or, if you insist, downright inaccurate.

Is anybody else attending the Cubs @ Royals game on Friday, July 26th? Patrick Mahomes Bobblehead Giveaway Night. I'm itching for some fisticuffs. A much better way for reasonable, grown men to sort out their grievances, rather than via emotional posting. You know where to find me.

I'd propose a sooner date to rumble, however I'm not exactly nearby. That trip will be only my 5th return visit home since moving away in 2017 (first to Austin for 5 years, then Deep South Texas). Two of those trips were for Chiefs games (January 2020 AFC Championship victory over the Titans, and November 2020 waxing of the Jets). After seeing hundreds of games at Kauffman Stadium prior to moving, thrilled to go back finally. Been waaaaaay too long. (In the meantime, we did catch the Royals on the road for games in Boston, Arlington, Houston, and Pittsburgh.)
[Reply]
Page 8 of 8
« First < 45678
Up