ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 48
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Report: Orlando Brown requests trade from Ravens, wants to play LT
JakeF 02:15 PM 03-11-2021
Wasn't Brown moved to Right Tackle because his feet are too slow for left tackle?
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:33 AM 03-12-2021
Originally Posted by JakeF:
Wasn't Brown moved to Right Tackle because his feet are too slow for left tackle?
No, he was moved to right tackle because he got beat out by Ronnie Stanley.

He's not the best LT in the world but he's not terrible either.
[Reply]
O.city 08:33 AM 03-24-2021
So would it likely take 31 to get him from baltimore?
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:53 AM 03-24-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
So would it likely take 31 to get him from baltimore?
More than that even.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:09 AM 03-24-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
More than that even.
I’d have to think so. I can’t imagine a playoff team trading away a talented player to fill the major need for the front runner in their conference.

The only way the Ravens make that trade is if they feel like they’re ripping us off. He’s good enough that it would take A LOT to make it that way.
[Reply]
Urc Burry 09:23 AM 03-24-2021
I would feel comfortable giving up 31, or 2 seconds. Anymore than that and it’s an overpay. I would highly doubt the ravens trade him to us for either of those offers
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 10:32 AM 03-24-2021
It would be better to draft a LT at 31 or trade up than trade for a guy who played in a run-blocking dominated offense.
[Reply]
BossChief 11:39 AM 03-24-2021
He played LT for 2/3 of the year last season after Stanley went on IR and made the pro bowl the last 2 years. He said he feels more comfortable playing left tackle and scouts say he played well on the left, so that matches up.

I’d be happy if we send pick 31 and a conditional 2022 pick for OBJ2.

Gotta hit the evaluation on the head there, though...giving up 2 premium picks AND a big contract extension (that would be cheap the next 2 years because it’s an extension) would be a big risk that would need to pay off.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:44 AM 03-24-2021
Originally Posted by BossChief:
He played LT for 2/3 of the year last season after Stanley went on IR and made the pro bowl the last 2 years. He said he feels more comfortable playing left tackle and scouts say he played well on the left, so that matches up.

I’d be happy if we send pick 31 and a conditional 2022 pick for OBJ2.

Gotta hit the evaluation on the head there, though...giving up 2 premium picks AND a big contract extension (that would be cheap the next 2 years because it’s an extension) would be a big risk that would need to pay off.
He's 24 years old and could instantly step in at LT and play tomorrow, let alone in September.

That's worth it to me. Or at least worth more than trading similar draft capital for a guy in the draft.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 11:44 AM 03-24-2021
Originally Posted by BossChief:

I’d be happy if we send pick 31 and a conditional 2022 pick for OBJ2 .

Here we go again....
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:44 AM 03-24-2021
I seriously doubt the Ravens even consider it unless it's a massive overpayment on our part.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:49 AM 03-24-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
I seriously doubt the Ravens even consider it unless it's a massive overpayment on our part.
I agree.

I would love to get Brown for the asking price - a top 40 pick.

The problem is that there's no way the Ravens stay there for a team that is their main rival in the AFC currently.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 12:02 PM 03-24-2021
If the Ravens actually traded us Brown for reasonable compensation, I'd be pretty worried the guy sucks or wouldn't be a good fit. There's no reason for them to trade us anything of value unless we seriously overpay, which we're not going to do.
[Reply]
TEX 12:11 PM 03-24-2021
Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn:
If the Ravens actually traded us Brown for reasonable compensation, I'd be pretty worried the guy sucks or wouldn't be a good fit. There's no reason for them to trade us anything of value unless we seriously overpay, which we're not going to do.
Exactly. Someone said it earlier in the thread, that the only way they do it is if they feel they fleeced us.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:13 PM 03-24-2021
Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn:
Yep. Exactly.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 48
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Up